Wings Of Man - Cover

Wings Of Man

This is my work. Do not sell it nor repost it without permission. You think about it, read it, and enjoy it. To share, link SOL.

Chapter 5

Shannyn looked at him as he slumped down awkwardly, trying not to sit on his wings and not bruise their tips either. He was going to go through some real awkward stages, getting used to those things, even without the repercussions of actually having wings.

"So... Adam... how, uh, how did this happen? Do you have any idea?"

"No! I don't! If I did, you think I would've asked you what the hell was going on and what I was to do? I don't know anything anymore. My life is crazy now, 3 days ago I had a normal life. Now, I don't have a home, and I have wings, and my only friend keeps asking dumb questions! How the hell do YOU think it happened?"

"Jesus Christ, chill the fuck out man! I don't know either, and we're not going to get anywhere by shouting at each other and getting the word out about your altered self. I just want us to get our bearings straight. Anyways, maybe it was a gift from something, you know, above us."

"Yeah, you're right. But what do you mean, above? Like a god or something? Seems like more of a curse to me."

"Listen, this is going to be a big, big deal. It's a complete revamp of your life,..."

"Yeah, you're fucking right, it's a "revamp" of my life! I have wings now! I can't even sit down regularly, I can't wear a bookbag, I walk different because I have more weight on back, EVERYTHING IS DIFFERENT NOW!"

"But, you can fly. And I... you made your wings appear when they weren't there! You still have a chance."

"Yeah, but I don't know how I did that!"

"We'll figure it out Adam. Together. You and me. It'll be okay."

"You promise? I don't know what's going on anymore Shannyn. My world is flipped upside down and thrown out. What am I going to do?"

"What are WE going to do, that's the real thing. I'm going to be here for you. And you're going to take me flying one day soon," Shannyn grinned at him, giving him a look of such hope that for all his negativity, he couldn't shake her infectious optimism off.

"Fine, fine. You win. But still, what're we going to do now?"

"Well, it's dark now. We might as well practice."

"Practice?"

"Yes, practice! You don't have Victoria Secret's wings on your back, don't go strut your stuff, you oversized rooster, we need to get you to fly. Whatever the reason behind these things, whether its fate or genetics or a shitty cosmic joke, you should know how to use what you have. How do you think I got so far in life?" Shannyn wiggled her hips and raised an eyebrow comically sexy.

"Yeah, you never would have passed Algebra 2 without giving that new teacher a case of blue balls every day. You guilt tripped him into that A, and don't think I don't know it," Adam grinned back.

"Yeah, just cause you got a B in there after copying all my answers..."

"Which were ALL WRONG! Tease!"

"Shut up, you know you like it, flyboy."

"Whatever. And we don't even know if these wings are functional. Or how high I can fly without the air getting too thin. Or anything else!"

"Then I guess we better get those 'fly' muscles in shape huh?"

"You know I have the state record in butterfly, what are... ohhh," Adam groaned at the double entendre and his slow comprehension.

"Seems like you've got the brain of a bald eagle to go along with the wings now too."

"Be quiet, you earthbound mortal, and hold my coat."

"You mean you're gonna try it right now?"

"Well yeah, might as well. Like you said, it's dark, and I'm tired of getting mocked by you," he said as he poked out his tongue at her.

"Oh, my personal insults can surpass any barrier you may put between us. They know no bounds."

"How well I do know that. But regardless, let's see if we can get this going on."

"Ready to unleash your inner pidgeon?"

"Mhmm, you keep laughing, I'll take you up and drop you."

"Like those bird arms could hold me!"

"Pfft, haven't you been to the gunshow recently?"

"Oh SHUT... UP! That joke is so lame! Now get on with the flying!"

"Fine, fine. No more jokes, this'll take some concentration."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.