Wings Of Man - Cover

Wings Of Man

This is my work. Do not sell it nor repost it without permission. You think about it, read it, and enjoy it. To share, link SOL.

Chapter 4

Adam walked along the road, alone and lost in thought. Really, the shock of having grown wings hadn't really sunk in until now when he had time to think everything through.

This kind of shit doesn't happen on a day to day basis for everyone, that's for sure.

But really... this was wild!

"What in the world am I going to do?" he said.

Regardless of what he was going to do in the future, he knew what he was doing now. Right now, he was making his way to Shannyn's house to talk with her. She could help him. She could maybe even fix him, though he didn't know how he planned on her doing that for him.

As he walked along the street, cars drove past, trash flew up from the streets, and no one played outside. It was a cold, dreary day, and it seemed everyone was trying to either pretend they weren't there, or get somewhere else. He turned down one empty street onto another, walking the miles in worn out shoes.

Walking out of the trailer park, past the drug stores and the liquor stores, going past the main drag and getting into the small bullshit town, the only other people he could see were the bums hanging round the corners, swilling their brownbagged alcohol in the dark, covering themselves with rags. That was Adam's company.

Lost in thought, or a lack thereof, he realized he was getting stared at by the shops, when they had people, and the bums, who put down their bottles and rubbed at their eyes as he walked past. He stopped and looked sideways at a barbershop window, and saw what it is that had people concerned. His wings were too long, and they were poking out of the bottom of his coat, almost touching the ground.

SHIT! he thought to himself. He hurried on, thinking just to himself "I don't have wings, I don't have wings, I don't have wings, no one can see my wings, no one can see them, no one can see my wings."

Suprisingly, this seemed to help more than one would think.

He walked more quickly to his destination, Shannyn's dingy apartment in the middle of the city. It wasn't long before he arrived and walked in the broken down building, went up the several steps of rotted stairs, and knocked on apartment number 27.

Fortunatly, it was Shannyn who opened the door with bleary eyes squinting at him and a cough before her squeals of delight rang through the hallway and she grabbed him in a tight hug and pulled him into the apartment.

"Oh my God! Adam, where HAVE you been?! I've been so worried, I haven't heard from you in 3 days! What the hell? We were going to go to the fair on Saturday! Oh Adam!" she burst out and embraced him again.

"Uh..."

"Adam, you're such a doof. Whatever. Tell me what's been going on that you couldn't drop a dime."

"Listen, I... I don't know how to tell you about what happened. I mean, I don't even know what happened. And no one else knows, I didn't know who to talk to besides you. Fuck, I don't even remember the last three days! I wanna tell you what I woke up with... but I think you're going to call me a freak, because that's what I am! I'm a freak, and I don't even know what's going on, or how I'm going to fix it, or what I'm going to do, or anything! I mean, what the fuck would you do if you woke up and had THESE coming out of your back?!"

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.