Remote Viewing - Cover

Remote Viewing

Copyright© 2006 by Volentrin

Chapter 2

It wasn't as simple as I thought it would be. They still did not want to let me go, but now I was being tested for my 'supposed' talent. I spent the night in their lock-up, and next day they moved me to another facility. This time they didn't cuff me, and I had my own clothes; but I had the impression I could not leave. I was still not free to go.

I sighed.

The new destination was about a two-hour drive away. We went to a facility that could deal directly with supposed 'scientific oddities'. There, they could test the veracity of my claim. Now that, I could understand. They must have nutcases popping out of the woodwork, claiming all kinds of things. I was very resentful, though, and bitter over my treatment of the day before.

When we got there, breakfast was waiting. We had started out at Oh-Dark-Thirty, so I was hungry. The meal was actually pretty good. Scrambled eggs, pancakes, sausage, and coffee. I was given an opportunity to clean up.

While I was not placed in a cell of any sort, there was no way I was leaving this place, without being released. Talk about secure!

Yesterday, I had briefly talked with my attorney. She said that a new situation had arisen, with the announcement of my talent. I should give the government a chance to prove my claims.

She had lobbied for my immediate release, but the agents had said no. They claimed they needed to verify my statement of ability. Which, they said, was what I was doing here.

They could only hold me so long without charging me though, so today was make or break for them, as far as I was concerned. I mentioned to my attorney my dad's theory about holding me as a material witness. My attorney said that I had come in, and started this voluntarily. Material witness orders were only granted by judges. They were for compelling a reluctant witness, usually; and that was just to testify, at a trial. If they went that route, she was sure she could quash it, quickly.

During the ride, I had checked in on Mom and Dad. They were both in bed, but the computer mom used for her work was gone. Looks like the government had taken it away from them. Looking for possible 'terrorist information', I guessed.

I could not check the rest of the house, as both my parents were in bed, sleeping. My talent locked onto people, not places. I could look around in the room that person was in, but that was all I could see.

I said as much as they started questioning me. I didn't mention my telekinesis ability. I was already having problems with the people in the government dealing with a possible psychic person, in the first place. One problem at a time! Anyway, my other talent might come in handy in the future.


"Ok, Scott. I am Dr. Donaugh, and my colleague is Dr. Santiago. We have set up several test situations for you, assuming you can do as you claim."

I sighed, and nodded.

What followed, was several hours of me doing 'remote viewing', while I described what was going on at a given place, after I connected with someone. I related how many people were around the person in question, and what his/her surroundings were. They wanted details, and I gave them.

I started getting tired after three hours of constant work, and said I had to stop. I think they were also interested in seeing how long I could continue, as they asked me to keep going just a little longer. I said no, that I couldn't. They marked something in their notes, and said they would get with my investigators concerning the test results.

I just nodded, and leaned back with my eyes closed.

"Tired?" my primary investigator asked me.

"Mentally exhausted. It takes a lot of energy to do that. I could use a snack, about now," I admitted.

"Well, come with me, and we will get you something to eat. Your status is a little up in the air, right now. This is a first for us, to tell you the truth," Eric told me.

I nodded, and groaned to my feet. I did not have to fake the stiffness I felt, as my knees creaked when I rose. I studied agent Eric Patterson while we moved through a labyrinth of halls.

"How do you mean?" I asked curiously.

"Well, normally it is 'procedure'. We get you, we treat you in a specific way. This usually includes handcuffs when moving, and restricted freedom by confinement to a cell, when you're not being questioned. Standard procedure, really.

"New orders came down, though. You really shook the powers with your demonstration yesterday, and they want you treated as a... uh, 'guest'... involuntarily though you might feel. That's why your clothes were returned, and no cuffs. The final decision on your status is up to them. It could change back," Eric warned me.

I nodded. I was taken to a lunchroom of sorts. We got a meal, which Eric paid for. I dug in. I was eating another full meal. Eric watched me, amused.

"You're as skinny as a rail. Where the hell do you put it all?" he asked chuckling.

"I expend a hell of a lot of energy..."

He interrupted me, saying, "First rule, don't talk about what you do with anyone not cleared. This is not the place," he said seriously.

I nodded understanding.

After finishing my second breakfast, we returned to the office area. I found myself waiting in a conference type room, locked, of course. I was bored, really. I leaned back in my chair, and actually fell asleep for a while.

While I had used a lot of energy doing the testing for those two doctors, I could have kept going. I didn't think there was any harm in holding a little back, though. The nap did wonders for me.

I woke up to the door opening. Three people entered the room. The clock on the wall insisted I had napped for a little over an hour.

"Ah, Mr. Garner. I am Assistant Regional Director Lashman. You know Mr. Patterson. The other gentleman is Mr. Weissman. I have been reading the results of your tests with incredulity!

"You test out one hundred percent valid, Sir. Not even a stumble, and no one except two people knew what the testing comprised. Simply a fascinating ability you have," he paused.

He opened a large thick manila envelope he had, and pulled out about an inch's worth of stapled bunches of papers.

"This is what we have discovered about you young man. Interesting reading, if a little boring. No offense to you, but you have led a very unremarkable life. Average grades through school, with only a few above average scores. You have not gone to college at all, nor attempted to take courses at a community college.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.