Sword Of Mercy - Cover

Sword Of Mercy

Copyright© 2006 by dak

Chapter 8

I watched Cora leave my room with the nurse, soon after a young candy striper brought in my breakfast, I smiled at her as she placed it on the tray and moved it to my bed, she looked back toward the door and whispered to me.

"Are you one of the ones?"

I frowned.

"Sorry?"

she looked back towards the door then at me and whispered.

"You know the miracle patients, the doctors are all up in arms about it, the medias been notified and everything"

my eyes widened, I didn't expect the media to get involved.

"watch!"

She grabbed the remote to the tv turning it on, the very first station had a news reporter standing outside a hospital, the headline below said Miracle at Saint Anne Hospital.

"I assume this is Saint Anne?"

She nodded. I smiled at her.

"HI I am Charlie"

She looked shocked.

"OH how rude of me, I'm sorry, my name is Cindy"

She offered her hand and I shook it.

"Cindy I am sorry to disappoint but I woke up last night, so I don't know what was going on here. If I am one of the ones I am unaware of it"

I smiled at her while pushing the thought that I was an insignificant part of what was going on, she frowned for a second then perked up.

"Oh so you really don't know then? Yeah so everyone on this floor just got healed last night! Its crazy, I heard the nurses talking and even the burn victims had their burns healed, no one knows whats going on! I heard two doctors talking and they said that security had the videos wiped from this floor, they said some kind of magnetic field must of blanked the tapes!"

I nodded absently taking the banana from my try and eating, thinking Id have to thank Cora for wiping the tapes, I hadn't even thought of that.

"Wow and honest to goodness miracle, that's amazing, I sure hope the media wont bother me"

I was testing if my suggestion held. She frowned.

"Charlie why would they bother you? You are such a small part of this, they probably will talk to the burn victims though!"

I nodded chewing on the banana.

"Yeah and there was this little girl dying of cancer, it was soooo sad, I would read to her sometimes, the doctors said she had no hope! Now she's fine, I just saw her and she never looked better! Wow we must have an angel here or something."

I nodded again, boy Cindy was a chatter box.

"Cindy you look familiar, do I know you from somewhere?"

She frowned look at me for a second. Then screamed excitedly.

"OH MY GOD, YOU ARE CHARLIE DANE!!!! You're the kid that died?!?!?! WE had a moment of silence for you and everything! WE GO TO THE SAME SCHOOL! Everyone said you got hit by a truck and died!?!? How are you alive?!?!"

oh well that explained why no one had come to see me.

"After the accident when they told your mom I heard she disappeared, no one knew where she went, I heard rumors that she had a break down or something! SO WHAT HAPPENED CHARLIE!?!?!?"

I explained how I had been thought to be dead but had slowly recovered, and that mom had never left my side the whole time, she was adamant that the school had no idea that I was still in the land of the living. She also explained that it was her senior year and that she was taking this ROP class that allowed her to Candy stripe for the first 2 periods of class. I had to calmly suggest that she keep my return to life from the school and with a slight push I made sure she would hold off on telling everyone.

"Man Charlie that sure is a coincidence isn't it, Two unrelated miracles at the same hospital, you should have been dead then not?! Oh maybe it is related? You know maybe what ever is at the hospital has always been here and like when you came it healed you first? I don't know why but I just don't get the feeling you are a big part of this though ... Hmmm Wow, that's so cool though makes me think miracles can happen"

I just nodded, if Cindy could put this together I was beginning to worry others would quickly.

"Um Cindy don't you have other patients?"

She looked at the time.

"OH crap, yeah Ill see you at school Charlie, MAN I wish you would let me tell people, oh well"

What surprised me was she leaned over and kissed me on the cheek before skipping off. I looked back up at the t.v. I changed the channel, sure enough the next station had a story about the hospital, two more stations and two more stories about the hospital.

"great maybe its not so bad"

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.