Sword Of Mercy - Cover

Sword Of Mercy

Copyright© 2006 by dak

Chapter 7

We spent the night healing everyone in ICU, by mourning we both sat in my room excited. I ate half my cheeseburger before I was stuffed, I noticed Cora eyeing it. I gestured to it.

"You want?"

She nodded vigorously and then snatched it up, taking a huge bite. I watched her chew.

"Mmmsha hmms hmma"

I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Cora chew, swallow then talk"

She nodded chewing some more and then swallowing.

"Charlie I don't even remember when I had solid food last"

She smiled at me, chunks of food in her teeth; she then went to work finishing the rest of it. I had noticed throughout the night that whenever we had passed a mirror she would glance at it and then touch her face. It was odd and I had meant to ask her about it.

"Cora, you said you and your brothers were energy beings right?"

She nodded grabbing some of my fries.

"So when did you eat solid food?"

She got a far away look, I tried to focus on what she was thinking but couldn't, it was not like when we talked in my head.

"That was so long ago Charlie ... We, I mean my race, we were not energy beings, my Brothers and I were, We came from another plane from this one though, another alternate dimension"

I nodded for her to continue.

"Well our technology was based on accessing power from higher dimensions, You know of quantum physics here, it was a much more advanced form of it"

I nodded again

"well, my race had a civilization that spanned our galaxy, thousands of colony worlds, all very advanced. Well my father was a Scientist for the government; He worked in the field of neurology"

At this point I noticed the nurses running back and forth, I guess our nights work had been discovered, I glanced back at Cora and motioned for her to continue.

"well like I was saying, when I was a Child the war started, a race of beings came from another dimension, Our colonies started to disappear, no contact just gone. What we found was that it was a race of cybernetics beings whose existence was on a higher plane like the one we pulled energy from. They used the corporeal bodies they willed into our existence to attack our realm. They where destroying the matter in our realm to power theirs."

I nodded thinking.

"Anyway we couldn't stop them, we could delay them sure, but they seemed to have an unlimited army. It came down to the last 100 colonies, we did everything we could but we knew the war would be lost. Well My father and his work focused on how our brains interact with this higher energy dimension, You see the brain, ours like yours, Is an advanced Quantum computer, organic yes, but its powered by this higher dimension."

I was a little stunned by this, but just nodded.

"you see my father found that we access this dimension all the time, he also discovered that we existed in a multi-verse. He proposed escaping to a parallel world, the Government didn't want to hear it, they wanted ways to stop the enemy not run from it. Well his other work was on how to transform the mind into a purely energy state, he figured we could fight them that way. By the time he perfected it, it was too late"

She looked down at the floor.

"They where at our home world when he was ready for his first test, You see the brain holds about 500-700 megabytes of information, My father found a way to transfer that data into the higher dimension where we pull power, He figured that once there we could fight the enemy in their home. WE would have to find the dimension they originate in and attack."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.