Sword Of Mercy - Cover

Sword Of Mercy

Copyright© 2006 by dak

Chapter 4

You know, I always thought with faced with death I handle it like a man, stand tall and head on. When it actually happens, what do I do? I feint like a little school girl. I woke up being held against breast... breast? Oh yeah that's right, alien being who can turn into weapons with insane brother who tried to kill her, who I saved no less, did I mention she was hot? She was rocking me back and forth when I opened my eyes she smiled down at me.

"While you where asleep"

oh what a dear she didn't say while I passed out like a girl

"I may have a solution to the problem of your death, I have been looking through you're memories and see that medical science has advanced to the point where if I where to heal you enough to save you they wouldn't burn you as a witch. I had feared that would be the case if you just revived"

I sat there looking up at her, I didn't even know her name yet.

"Ma'am what shall I call you?"

She smiled down at me

"My previous title was Courtain the sword of mercy"

she laughed

"you used to call me Curtana as I am obviously female"

I looked at her and couldn't help it, I started laughing hysterically

"now I know I am truly insane, What was my name? the Master Chief?"

She frowned at me, then looked at me very intently, it was then that I felt as if something was sifting through my thoughts, it wasn't painful it just felt odd, her face then returned to normal.

"My name has been made into that of a being in an electronic entertainment device?"

I laughed some more

"yes a very popular video game"

She looked at me and I got the feeling again

"They must of heard of my exploits, as this being in this VIDEO GAME seems very brave and heroic"

I laughed again

"okay but I am not going to go around calling you that, Id laugh every time"

She nodded deep in thought

"every time I manifest a new name can be chosen, but we must talk, you're body is laying in the hospital right now, they say you are Brain dead, you're Mother is deciding if she should pull the plug? What does this mean pull the plug?"

She again looked at me and I got that feeling, I better say something this is getting old

"pull the plug means kill me okay we don't want that, and can you stop doing that, just ask if you want to know something"

She nodded " I am sorry sir, I will influence you're mother to not pull the plug, I want you to stay here for awhile though so we may talk and learn?"

I shook my head no

"that wouldn't be good the no brain activity thing makes doctors nervous, is there a way I can get back in my body and keep you and me inside there talking"

She thought for a minute then noded

"yes give me a minute"

PAIN, LOTS AND LOTS OF PAIN OH GOD JUST END IT ALREADY

Then there was nothing, I was sitting in my room, on my bed, no pain at all, Cortana (haha, got to do something about that) was sitting at my desk looking sad

"sorry sir, when we returned to you're brain well, you are hurt bad, I've put you in a coma so I can start healing you don't worry everyone is amazed that you have brain activity now, I don't think they will pull the plug on us, while we transferred here I discovered many things, You see I have been on earth since the advent of fire, BUT I am by no means primitive, my peoples technology would seem god like to what you know, we advanced beyond physical forms long ago, I retain some of the knowledge of technology, and with you're memories I am learning at an amazing rate. Also never having been bonded to a human like this I am learning the extent of what we can do"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.