New Age Dawning - Cover

New Age Dawning

Copyright© 2006 by dstar

Chapter 8

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 8 - The gods are dead, and magic has begun to go astray. When Adara rescues Rhishandri from the mage who attempted to sacrifice her, she begins to discover why.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Fa/ft   Romantic   Lesbian   Fiction   Vampires   First   Slow  

The dalas didn't care for Rhishandri. They were already nervous from the scent of blood, and when she reached hesitantly for one of the leads, the creature rolled its eyes and squealed, rearing in terror. She scrambled hastily back as Adara grabbed for the dangling lead rope.

Fortunately, Adara had had similar problems in the past, and she was able to murmur a quick calming spell. The beast still trembled nervously, shuffling its feet, but it let Rhi take its lead. The girl didn't seem to trust the animal anymore than it trusted her, but their cautious truce held on the walk to the inn, and Adara repeated the spell on the other animals so that Rhi could help with the loading.

The girl's eyes were still glowing, just slightly, and her previous lethargy had disappeared entirely. She practically bounced through her share of the work, with more energy than Adara had ever seen her with.

Even with the spells, the dalas remained skittish around Rhishandri, but the smallest one let her mount without too much complaint. She rode stiffly, nervously, and it was very obvious she'd never been in a saddle in her life. She made no complaint, though, and as they left the lights of the town behind, she sighed happily and looked up at the half-full moon.

A jingle of tack announced a visitor an instant before the man from the stables stepped out into the road, leading a large warhorse. He glanced at Adara fearfully, then turned his attention to Rhishandri. "Mistress, I am here," he said in a strange, calm tone, and she stared down at him, her face betraying her discomfort.

Finally, though, she nodded. "Mount and follow," she said quietly, unhappily.

They rode in silence until, a few moments later, they came to where Conor waited. He looked slightly mussed, and was bleeding from several small wounds, though the one he'd acquired in the stable was neatly bandaged.

Adara cocked her head. "You okay?"

"Well, now ... you should see the other fellow!" He grinned, shrugging. "Aye. I'm a bit scratched up, but nothin' serious." He glanced at the man following as docilely as the pack animals. "Ah, I see ye've picked up yer little pet," he said, making Rhishandri wince guiltily. "If you ladies will follow me, then, we'll be off to see the wizard, eh?"

Adara nodded, and they rode in silence for a few more minutes before Conor led them off the road. The narrow trail was lined by late-turning trees which had dropped a carpet of yellow leaves that crunched beneath the dala's feet.

The path was long and winding, barely a path at all in places, but eventually they came to a small clearing which held a dilapidated hut and a stone well.

Rhishandri eyed the wizard's hut distrustfully as Conor dismounted. She fiddled with the reins of her dala, making it dance nervously, mimicking her own expression.

Adara slid off of her dala and watched the girl calmly, waiting.

Rhi looked away from her. "I don't like wizards," she muttered.

"I don't blame you."

The girl nibbled her lower lip, sharp little fangs causing a drop of blood to well up, black in the moonlight. She licked it away without seeming to even realize she'd done so, and looked back at Adara. "If ... if he tries anything--" Her voice trailed off questioningly.

"I'll protect you."

Rhishandri gave her a quick, relieved smile, and nodded. "All right then." But she sighed as she slipped from the back of the dala.

Adara squeezed Rhi's shoulder gently, then followed her towards the hut. The girl's new minion dismounted and followed silently.

Conor knocked on the rickety door, but there was no answer. He knocked again, and waited again, and still no answer. He had his hand raised for one final try when the door opened and a wizened old man stuck his head out, his bald scalp shining in the moonlight. "Eh? What the hell do you want?" he asked irritably.

Conor gave the old man his best smile and bowed deeply. "Good even to ye, father. Myself and these good ladies would like ta consult wi' ye on a matter o' th' arcane, which only yer great knowledge may solve."

The wizard snorted. "Save it for someone who gives a damn, you primpy young bastard. Do you even have any coin?"

Conor sighed, looking wounded. "Of course, grandsire."

"Then come in, and don't be all night about it. I'm too old to be dealing with smarmy dalashit."

Rhishandri leaned close to Adara. "He doesn't look like a wizard," she whispered.

"You never know," Adara whispered back, with a shrug.

Rhi licked her lips, then reluctantly followed Conor into the house.

There were no chairs or benches in the ramshackle dwelling, just a low table surrounded by cushions in the middle of the floor, and a tattered curtain hanging over a doorway in the wall which divided the small hut into two halves. The only other furnishings were the shelves that lined each wall, filled with a bizarre assortment of things: oddly colored stones and crystals, tattered books and crumbling scrolls, bits of bone and wood, and small, dusty sacks, as well as small bottles in numerous shapes and colors. The old man plopped gracelessly onto one of the cushions and motioned for them to take the others.

Rhishandri sat uneasily, and Adara knelt beside her, her staff in hand. The old man pulled out a battered deck of strange cards and started idly shuffling them. "Well? What are you people after, to disturb an old man at his rest, eh?" he asked grumpily, glaring at them.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.