Andromeda Galaxy - Cover

Andromeda Galaxy

Copyright© 2006 by Etherealism

Chapter 6

Strike team Bullseye had lost all communication with the Vatican fleet and was now hurtling into hostile territory with no guidance except for its Commander. One soldier who had never experience a couple of G's had thrown up allover himself and was now covered in a wash of green ooze. Everyone gave a moan of disgust as the Commander told him angrily to keep his mouth shut or swallow it before it made any contact with the rest of the team.

'We're gonna make it, aren't we Sir?' asked a nervous soldier called Semphis as the launch pod gave a sudden jolt.

"You bet we are soldier! And when we make it, we're going to kick some human ass!"

The caused a cheer to sound all around the pod. It was then followed by an audible gulp from the spewing soldier as a wash of acidic substance was swallowed back down his throat. The reverse thrusters automatically kicked in, sending the soldier over the edge and causing him to lose control and vomit his load all over Navoir's tidy uniform. In the past, not even a spec of dust had dared to touch the Commander's outfit, now it had just been bathed in sickly slime.

'Oh my God, Jinks!' yelled Semphis, 'Shut that gob of your or I'll nail it shut! We can't have you constantly messing up the pod with your barf! Look what you've gone and done."

Navoir looked outraged; however he soon began to calm down. "The outfit is no matter, Sergent, but what is the matter is that we'll be landing in moments and I want everyone fully geared up and ready to go when I give the word. Is that understood?'

Everyone chorused together, 'Yes, Sir!'

Gasgango's twin plasma rifles had failed to power up so he bashed them against the side of the pod to get them working. They gave a fuzzy glow and started working properly. 'Bring it on, quad limbs!' he cursed at the human race.

'Commander Navoir, ' somebody blurted, 'when's this thing gonna hit the groun... '

SMASH!

The strike team's harnesses went taut, severing the possibility that they would fly out of their seats and instantly become jelly on the adjacent wall. Unfortunately, one soldier's belt was faulty and he instantly snapped out of his chair and crushed the palemalite that was sitting opposite him, spraying his entrails all over the wall. The pod was now dripping in the soldier's remains, an indication that the creature had practically exploded upon impact. Jinks threw up again at the grisly sight.

'Oh my god you guys!' cried Semphis, 'This pod is just wrong! I want out, right now!'

The pod hatch started hissing as the pod began to depressurize.

"Weapons at the ready lads, ' said Navoir. 'We still don't know whether we hit that enclave spot on target. Be prepared for anything!'

Everyone unfastened their harnesses and drew their weapons as the depressurization finished its procedure. The hatch suddenly blew away, revealing the surrounding scenery to them. Team Bullseye was immediately greeted with the desert warmth of the abandoned vehicle depot. High winds sprayed the abyssal sands in all directions and they quickly adapted themselves by slotting down a second pair of translucent eyelids.

'Right on target, ' stated the Commander. 'Everybody out, the place is clear!'

The troops filed out commando style and scanned the surrounding area. After a quick but thorough search, the depot proved to be empty. Although much to their delight, Gasgango had discovered a giant shed full of loads of armored assault vehicles. All that they needed was a bit of oil for the hinges and some power capsules as fuel. Navoir sent everyone out to search the compound for those things and they all returned with a more than sufficient amount.

With the vehicles refueled, Strike-Team Bullseye was ready to go. The vehicles were sleek and shiny, like the hull of a prosperous spacecraft. Hover plates were their means of movement and short, stumping wings protruded from each side, each acting as a gunner platform. The muzzles of the turrets were long and sharp, capable of firing 50 rounds per second, brass cased, 8mm with tungsten alloy heads and high explosive charge. Very, very messy.

The turret on top was very special - A high energy, inverted magneto laser with a six pronged attack. These were capable of melting the most durable of materials. Navoir was surprised to see weapons of such demeanor at such a reclusive transport dealer. These 'tanks' had obviously been placed here for some reason. Navoir assumed that their existence was designed for the usage of his team and that was all that mattered. Fate had brought them together.

Gunners manned their turrets, pilots leapt into the drivers seats, and all those who we left standing stood on the top or sides.

Gasgango had his arms wrapped around the joysticks for a magneto laser and was staring at the spiral power chamber in awe. He just couldn't wait to see this thing in action.

"How're we going down there, Semphis?" he said to his driver.

Semphis looked over his shoulder to see the gunner waving at him. "We're good to go!" he called back. "Putting power systems online... now!"

The tank's engines blared, kicking up dust into the air. In front of him, Gasgango's laser suddenly glowed neon purple with a low hum. He could feel the force of static electricity starting to tickle at his skin. He then took hold of his controllers with all four arms and spun the turret in a wide arc, getting a good feel for its maneuverability.

'All systems currently online.'

'Why thank you computer." Replied Semphis mockingly.

'Error, radar unit malfunctioning.'

Semphis glanced at his display. 'Huh?' He hammered the screen in frustration when he realized what the computer had said. Cursing at the hulking bucket of bolts, he turned on his comlink at tuned into the other Magneto Tank. 'Navoir, Sir! How's your radar? Is it workin'?'

Semphis could see the Commander's head pop out from the opposite cockpit. He began shaking his head at him, an indication that it wasn't.

'Error, radar unit malfunctioning.'

'Tell me something I don't know!' cried Semphis.

'Hypothesis: external radar plug acting upon consol.'

Semphis went wide eyed at the computer. "Sir... Sir!!!" he barked at the intercom.

'Speak up, Soldier' came Navoir's reply.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.