Summer of 82 - Cover

Summer of 82

Copyright© 2005 by Lord Robar

Chapter 7: The Fickle Mind of Kate

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 7: The Fickle Mind of Kate - A story of young love between two rural teens. What happens when a tomboy turns into a woman and a fella falls in love with his best friend.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   Teenagers   Romantic   Masturbation   Slow  

Kate was acting kind of weird this morning. She seemed distant, distracted maybe. I was sure she was pretty worried about Ron; they probably hadn't spent a night apart since Jodi was born.

Our chores were wrapped up, we had eaten and cleaned up for school, and we even had a few minutes to spare.

Kate had us in the car and headed down the road when Jodi sent in a probe. "Momma? Is there something bothering you?"

"No dear, I just have a lot on my mind."

What could you say to that? She said no, then contradicted herself in the only acceptable way.

Kate drove on in silence. This was bizarre! Normal, happy, bubbly Kate was the total opposite of this woman behind the wheel. Jodi and I looked at each other but didn't say a word the rest of the way.

We went to our lockers, dropping off some books and getting our math books. When we walked past Mrs. Schultz's class a couple minutes before the bell, there was no doubt about who had won the battle this morning. The class was it all out pandemonium.

When we walked into Mr. Kemik's class, he was at the door handing out little 1"x 2" tickets. Giving each student one, he said "Print your name legibly on the ticket and after attendance I will collect them."

After taking roll, he asked for and received all the tickets. Putting them in a small sack, he explained, "We will be doing problems on the board today. I will reach in and pull out a ticket; whichever name I call goes to the board. If you get the answer right you receive one of these." He pulled a large bag of giant-sized Tootsie Rolls out of his desk.

"Now this counts as a test. The whole class will get the same grade. How ever many problems we get done with minus the wrong answers and, let's say, two percent per student who doesn't have a chance at the board because of lack of time. Any questions?" he asked, not really expecting any.

Of course there is always one. "Yes, Debbie what is it?" he asked with a hint of irritation in his voice.

"Mr. Kemik, are we allowed to help those at the board doing the problems?" she asked, sure of the answer.

"No, Debbie, this a class test, to see as a whole how well the class has done, not how well a few have done."

From the look on Debbie's face, she hadn't received the answer she had expected.

Me and Jodi just looked at each other I knew from the look on her face she was thinking this would be fun. Let Debbie enjoy a little bit of that "learning curve" she had helped create.

Mr. Kemik reached into the bag pulling out three tickets. "DeVos, VanDenTop, Koller," he called. "To the board!"

Rattling off numbers to each, he gave them their problems to work. The hour was ticking away, with new students replacing those who had finished. Finally about three minutes before the bell, Mr. Kemik called an end to the test. Everyone was sitting either chewing on Tootsie Rolls or already had finished theirs except for Debbie and Darryl Talsma. They had not been called. He handed each of them a piece of candy.

Darryl said, "Thanks, Mr. Kemik," pleased he didn't have to go to the board.

Debbie, on the other hand, didn't look near as happy. She didn't say "thank you", either. She may be super smart, but there was still a thing or two she needed to learn - manners might be a great place to start.

"With Debbie and Darryl not going to the board and one wrong answer, the whole class got a 91. Not too bad," said Mr. Kemik with a wry grin.

As we left the Mr. Kemik's class, Jodi said, "I'll see you at lunch" and we parted.

Gym class was gym class. At lunch we sat together, away from most of the crowd.

"So what was up with your mom this morning?" I asked, looking at her.

"Shit. I don't know. She sure was acting different this morning," Jodi shrugged, taking a bite of egg salad.

"Maybe she's just worried about your dad."

"That could be it. She probably has a lot on her mind," Jodi answered, sounding only partially convinced.

After lunch we split, came back together for English and then went on to small engines. After turning the class loose to work on their projects, Mr. Webber called Jodi and I over. He explained that he had been asked by the superintendent if we were done with the requirements of the class and if he would allow us to be released from the class for the balance of the year.

He told us he had without reservation. He told Jodi that he was sorry to here about her dad. He and Ron had been high school buddies and Webber was just glad that the bull had only injured him.

We finished mounting the deck on the Raider and officially turned it in for our grade. Mr. Webber got on and started it up, then took it behind the shop and mowed a patch of grass.

Jodi looked at me. "He sure looks like he's happy."

"Sure does, and I'm willing to bet that kind of happy transfers into that A we were after."

Smiling up at me, she said with a giggle, "I'm pretty sure you're right."

I didn't know who was happier - Mr. Webber or Jodi.

After pulling the Raider back into the shop and shut it down, his eyes lit on us. "Very nice job you two! Runs real good and mows like a dream. You will receive an A! Congratulations" he said, shaking our hands.

We were both excited "Thanks, Mr. Webber!" Jodi said smiling from ear to ear.

"And tell Mr. Gregor thanks for all the parts," I added.

"Will do kids", he assured us. "Let your Dad know I wished him well, will ya, Jodi?"

"I sure will, Mr. Webber."

After picking up the tools and cleaning up our area, we stood around talking to some of our friends in the class until the bell rang.

We rode the bus home for the last time this school year.

Walking in through the back door, we went into the kitchen, planning on getting a bite to eat before starting on chores.

"Momma left a note," Jodi said. "Says she is not going to be home for chores... says the doctor wants to keep daddy one more day. He just wants to keep an eye on him because of all the internal bruising," she said as she set the note on the table.

The look on her face showed worry behind the brave smile. I knew it had been hard for her. Hell, she almost lost her dad and in some ways that is worse then actually loosing him as far as the lingering fear of his welfare is concerned. I went over and hugged her tight, looking into her beautiful blue eyes. She was searching for strength; I gave what I could to her. I understood why she looked to me for it. I am her mate. The state might not recognize us as married, but the God of all creation couldn't have any doubts. Jodi looked to me for the strength he had given I just hoped she would always find it when she needed it. I had no idea what this strength was, but Jodi and Kate could see it. I guess, thinking back, so could Ron and my brother Steph. Hell, maybe that's why Wendy hated me. Because I had the strength she didn't.

"Hey, don't worry. Your dad is going to be fine. You know how those doctors are. An extra day for observation means extra money to pay the bills with," I said smiling at her.

"William... you sure are full of shit, but you're probably right," she said with a chuckle.

Seeing the worry drain away from her face made me smile.

"What you smiling at?" Jodi asked accusingly.

"I was just thinking now that you are in better spirits you could make us something to eat," I said, putting on a huge toothy grin.

"Oh, you do, huh? I suppose I'm going to be the good little woman and get to cooking, right? Shall I kick my shoes off first?" she asked with a playful laugh.

"No, you can keep them on 'cause as soon as you're done, I want you out in the barn working," I said, releasing her and giving her a playful slap on the ass, sending her toward the refrigerator.

"I'll cook, but only because I want to, but I'll tell you right now this girl ain't spending her life barefoot and pregnant." She shook her ass at me. "But you're welcome to try as hard as you like," she said laughing with mischief, all worry about her dad gone for the time.

After the best fried egg sandwiches in the world, we went out to do the chores except milking. I checked on Ron's heifers. One was close; I figured her about three to five days out. I'd have to get her in soon. Ron liked to have springing heifers inside in case of troubled births.

At 5:30, we kicked on the pumps and started milking. As we were standing next to each other in the center aisle waiting to change milkers, Jodi said, "I don't think I am going to take any calves to the fair this year."

"Why? You love taking calves to the fair, not to mention you have half a wall full of blue ribbons! You always had a good time."

"I know, but things are different now, William. With daddy hurt, he won't be able to mess with it. Not to mention I won't have the time. I would rather spend what little time I will have with you. I can spend all the time I want with calves without going to the fair."

I laughed. "That is true. I just hate to see you give up something you enjoy so much."

She slid her arm around my waist. "I ain't giving up a thing."

I put my hand in the back pocket of her Levi's. Standing there in silence, we waited to change milkers.

As the cycle was running through the pipeline, we walked to the house.

"What would you like tonight, Will?" Jodi asked as she was stepping in close.

Kissing her, I thought about food and many things at once. The farm was a concern, but it wasn't what I was thinking about. I thought about the love of a beautiful girl; I thought about how a guy gets lucky enough for God to make a woman just for him; I thought about the path we had traveled to get to where we stood now. I gave thought to the responsibility I was given. I knew in my heart that Jodi was made just for me. But I was also responsible to her: to keep her safe and happy, to love her and never let things come between us.

Looking at me she asked, "What are you thinking?"

"Well, I'm thinking I want to get a jump on the field up by Duggin's tonight. If I can get a good start, it will make that field that much easier to finish tomorrow morning, so I can get as far as possible tomorrow," I told her.

"Okay, you plant and I'll fix some dinner. See you later," she said heading into the house, giving me a last wave.

As I reached the field, everything else was pushed to the back of my mind. It was time to start thinking about what I was doing. I had planted this field last year so I knew how Ron wanted it run; planting it the wrong way made it harder to bring his combine through this field. I knew a lot of it would be picked and sent up into the silo as high moisture corn, via the roller mill. I worked until I was almost out of seed then headed back to the farm.

We had a simple dinner, talking quietly. Kate was home but had closed herself up in her room. I wondered about her, but figured she just needed time alone to deal with the things going on with Ron and the burden of the farm. After washing up our dishes, we headed up for a bath and headed for bed.

When Kate and Ron arrived home the next morning, we had just finished chores and hadn't even made it to the house yet. When Jodi heard the car pulling in, she went running out the milk house door.

Running over to the passenger side of the old Buick station wagon, she opened the door and started firing away with excitement. "Daddy, how are you feeling... are you OK... do you need some help?"

"One question at a time sweet heart," Ron said smiling at his daughter. He was in a great deal of discomfort, but not so much that he couldn't appreciate his only child.

"Jodi, dear, let William help your father out of the car and to the house. Then we can set him up in the living room, on the sofa."

All the real damage was on Ron's left side, making it a bit easier to help him out. He was slow, as if he had aged thirty years. He pivoted and gingerly set his feet out on the ground. Holding out his hand for my help he said, "Easy Bill Just a little pull; I have a fair amount of bruising inside, not to mention that my left side is connected to the right side." The smile he gave me was labored.

By the time we got up on the porch, Ron was sweating with the labor of moving under such pain. "Please, Bill, let me sit a moment and catch my breath."

It was a telling situation. I had known Ron for years, a strong, self-reliant man who chided those half his age for being weak. I knew now that he was truly in bad shape. Three broken ribs, a broken arm, fractured collar bone - those were the highlights, but not the whole story. As he had said, he had bruising, probably a bunch, and not just the outer muscles.

I was snapped out of thoughts by Ron "Bill... Bill, I'm ready to continue."

After Ron eased down onto the sofa, he nodded his thanks. I backed away as Kate and Jodi closed in like buzzards on a three-day old kill, complete with the squaking, flapping of wings and hoping around jockeying for the best position on the carcass. I shook my head and left Ron to his fate.

I had just refueled the Case and was at the shop reloading the hoppers with seed corn when Jodi came over to me.

"Will, is something wrong?" she asked, concern in her voice and on her pretty face.

She was picking up on my moodiness. "No, why?" I responded

"Well, you disappeared. I didn't know you even left until I heard the tractor."

"Sorry, babe, I just have a lot of work to do. Your dad had plenty of help, so I came out to get started." I looked at her with a blank expression. I didn't know what was bothering me and sure as hell didn't want her reading it on my face before I even knew.

"What about breakfast? You haven't even eaten yet," Jodi asked with a hint of a plea in her voice.

"Just bring me an early lunch and a jug of water. There's seed in the back of your daddy's truck I'll need, so just hunt me down. See you later," I said climbing up into the cab.

Backing up, out of the way of the corn planter, Jodi stood looking at me, arms crossed under her breasts. I could see she was hurt because I was giving her a bit of a cold shoulder. The tractor didn't move 20 feet before I stepped on the brakes. I knew I would never be able to forgive myself if I let something come between us. Opening the door to the cab I motioned her up. She clambered up into the cab as quick as a cat.

Pulling her onto my lap, I gave her one small tender kiss. As we parted she started to speak. "William what's..."

Putting my finger to her lips, and shaking my head no, I said, "We'll talk later. I love you Jo, but I got a lot to do today. So get outta here and let me at it."

Giving me one more quick kiss, she said, "See you about eleven."

Climbing down, she stood clear of the planter, arms again folded under her breasts. As I pulled out of the driveway, I couldn't help but wonder when she had started doing that I never remembered seeing her stand like that before. Arms under her boobs was something new.

Jodi watched as he pulled out of the drive and headed toward Duggin's. Then she set her mind firmly to the task that must be done. Going into the house, she found her mother sitting in the living room staring off into space, while her father dozed on the sofa. Kate looked at her; Jodi waved her fingers to follow and turned and headed toward the back door.

Stepping out the door, she waited for her mother, steeling herself for whatever might come. She watched as Kate stepped out the back door and stopped in front of her without a word. "Momma, what's wrong?"

Kate turned to head back toward the house. "Nothing; don't worry about it."

Grabbing her arm, Jodi yanked her around. "Don't treat me like a child, Momma, and don't tell me don't worry about it."

"Jodi, let go of me!" Kate said in a voice between anger and despair.

"I'll let go of you when you get a grip on yourself. You're being cold to William and God only knows why. I have no idea what is bothering you, but you need to get it figured out. Poor William is out there working, trying too keep this farm running smoothly, on an empty stomach I might add, because NOTHING is bothering you."

At the end of her tirade, Jodi was near exasperation from her mother's fickleness of late. Her mother was starting to act like a lunatic, driving her crazy and driving William away. Turning her back on her mother, she started walking away.

With a quick step, Kate touched her daughter's arm. As Jodi turned, she could see the tears as they rained down her mother's cheeks. Jodi accepted Kate into her arms.

"Oh, God, honey, I'm so sorry," Kate sobbed. "It isn't William's fault, it's mine." The last left Kate in hard tears. She said nothing, just letting out great body wracking sobs. For some minutes Jodi just held her mother as she cried. As she slowed, Kate spoke, her voice shaking. "Jodi, I..." she stammered and then closed her mouth.

When she finally spoke, her voice was shaky. "Honey, I have a problem and I don't know how to fix it."

"Momma, the only thing that ever causes you problems is William. Does this concern him?"

Nodding her head, Kate said, "Yes, dear, it does."

Waiting expectantly, Jodi prompted, "Well?"

"I heard the two of you the other night in bed," Kate told her.

Wondering when the hell the two of them being together became an issue, Jodi was about to retort when Kate spoke again.

"I heard the old bed groaning in rhythm with my daughter. I could hear you, plain as day, calling William's name. I could here him grunting, and your climax. By then I had joined you." Tears rolled down Kate's cheeks with her confession.

For a moment, Jodi didn't understand what her mother meant by the last until suddenly the light went on in her head. Her cheeks got rosy. She looked down, breaking eye contact with her mother. "Momma, it's nothing to be ashamed of, " Jodi said in voice that wasn't as big and mature as it had been a few moments ago.

Kate shaking her head said, "No, dear, it's not, except when I reached my climax, it wasn't your father's name I was calling." Closing her eyes tight, she sobbed. Standing there with her head hung low and hands held to her stomach, Kate looked as if she was sick. She looked frail and ready for punishment for her betrayal. She didn't expect the response Jodi gave.

Instead of a tirade, instead of hostility, instead of just walking away mad, her daughter hugged her.

Jodi brought her mother's head to her shoulder and held her in loving arms. Kate felt the love and compassion that had always been shown her. Letting Kate cry out her guilt, she stroked her hair, comforting her confused mother. Jodi had never seen her like this; she understood the whole idea of her mother having confused feelings for William, but understanding why was not as easy. She knew he was a lot like her daddy. That was plain for even the most unobservant person to see. She just didn't understand how Kate's lust worked into it. It was the first time she ever thought of it as lust instead of the love she knew her mother held for William.

Jodi stayed with her mother, holding her until the sobs stopped and the tears dried. They both went back into the house, Kate to check on Ron and Jodi to prepare William's lunch.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.