A Cat's Tale - Cover

A Cat's Tale

by Catmandu99

Copyright© 2003 by Catmandu99

Erotica Sex Story: My homage to Halloween. Adam and Miranda fall in love. But Miranda is hiding something.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   Teenagers   Consensual   Romantic   Safe Sex   Halloween   .

Chapter One

It was the meowing of the cat that first got my attention. It was the girl standing under the tree looking up at the meowing cat that received my second attention. And third. I probably would have stood there gawking all day if the very real distress in her voice hadn't diverted my attention.

"Loki, come down! You know you don't like heights."

A cat that didn't like heights? Now there was a new one on me. I did have to agree though that the cat really was looking miserable up in the tree. Despite the furry face, this cat's demeanor was 'Get me out of this. NOW!'. Now, I'm a dog person, but no way could I ignore this pretty girl's plight. I always was a sucker for a damsel in distress. Even one with a hissing black cat.

I went to stand next to her. "Hi. I'm Adam. Adam Williams. Need a hand?"

That was when I was introduced to the most gorgeous pair of slate gray eyes I'd ever seen. These were the kind of eyes that poets wrote about. As a newspaper man (feature writer in the school paper thank you), I was used to cataloging things. No way would I be able to catalog her eyes. They seemed to shift colors with every thought or passing breeze. Always gray, but first with hints of blue and then green peeking out of their depths.

I must have been standing there with a very stupid look on my face for longer than I realized. Next thing I was aware of was the amused look on this girl's face. I know my face colored a bit - a curse of my Irish heritage and fair skin - so there was no way I was getting out of this gracefully. Thankfully she took pity on me.

"Miranda Evans," she offered. "That rascal in the tree is Loki. He doesn't like heights, but every once in a while he tries to climb something and then gets stuck. The problem is that I can't climb up after him." The last was said with a nod toward her left arm, which I finally noticed was sporting a cast.

I just winced and nodded. Having broken my own arm a couple of years back, I could sympathize. There wasn't much you could do with an arm in a cast.

"Never fear, fair damsel," I cracked, "I'm happy to help. I was the champion tree climber in Mrs. Fisk's 3rd grade class. Well, until Emily Morrison moved to town."

I winked at Miranda. "She knocked me out of the neighborhood tree house and took both my pride and my title all at the same time."

Miranda finally smiled at that. "I don't think Loki will knock you out of the tree, but if you can get him down from there, you will certainly be my champion."

"Now what guy can resist an offer like that?" Certainly not me.

It was over in a matter of minutes. Thankfully the tree Loki had decided to climb was a fairly small one and I had no problem hooking my arms over a limb and swinging aboard. Loki hadn't retreated very far up the tree yet, but was watching my moves with an almost comical look of surprise. Guess he didn't expect a nerd would know how to climb a tree.

Look, I cultivate the studious newspaper geek bit carefully. But it wasn't the sum total of my existence. When I was 5 my Mom decided to enroll me in gymnastics. I loved it. 3 days a week I was allowed to go run, tumble and bounce around to my hearts content. (I was 5, you know.) My Mom received the benefit of a son who burned off all his excess energy in gymnastics class and NOT in her house. By the time I was old enough to realize that gymnastics was not considered a manly sport, I was hooked. I was also really good.

Not many people in town knew this about me. I'd outgrown the local coaches' skills years before and had been taking my coaching in a town over an hour away. Even people who'd grown up with me were oblivious.

It did make getting an acrophobic cat out of a tree a snap though.

I handed the still silent cat off to Miranda before jumping to the ground. Both cat and girl eyed me curiously while I dusted bits of bark off my palms and jeans. The cat was the first to break the silence with a chirruping meow. Miranda responded as if answering a question.

"That's what I want to know. How did you manage to do that so... so... gracefully?"

I laughed at that. "You should see me on the dance floor." I executed a couple steps.

Thankfully Miranda laughed at that and let it go. We chatted for a few minutes more and I discovered that her and her family (1 mom, 1 dad, and 1 brother) had just moved to Fairview. In fact, she had been unpacking when Loki snuck out the back door to test his tree climbing skills.

"Actually, I had best get back." Miranda looked at the cat now peacefully dozing in her arms before glancing back up.

I was wondering how to work the conversation around to seeing her again when she beat me to the punch.

"Um, since I'm new in town, I was wondering if you would mind showing me the town." Miranda just stood there looking at me while my brain emptied.

"YES!" I stood there a second, sheepish. "Uh... was that too enthusiastic, do you think?"

Miranda just laughed and leaned over the cat in her arms to give me a peck on the cheek. "Thanks. Why don't you come by tomorrow afternoon? We should have most of the unpacking done by then. At the very least, I'll be grateful for a break. I live in the old white Victorian on the end of the street." She gave a nod with her head to indicate which end of the street.

She needn't have bothered. EVERYONE knew that house.

"Aaah. You're the ones who bought the old Stone Sister house. Everyone was wondering."

The Stone Sister house was a landmark in our town. Velma and Veronica Stone were spinster sisters who lived together their entire lives. They were really sweet old ladies, but a little eccentric. Rumor had it that they were witches. Whenever they were confronted with that particular piece of gossip, they would just laugh and say that they hadn't gotten to the section in their spell book on transforming boys into toads just yet.

"Yes, Mom and Dad bought it from a pair of sisters. Did you know them?"

"Faintly. No one really knew them well. If you know what I mean. But they seemed like personable ladies. The Historic Society was heartbroken when the Velma and Veronica decided to sell and take a cruise around the world." I winked at Miranda. "Apparently the sisters were the driving force of their annual fundraiser."

That got a chuckle from Miranda and Loki even opened one eye to stare.

"I have to go before Mom puts the family curse on me for deserting her. I'll see you around 2 tomorrow, okay?" Miranda started to walk away before quickly turning around and heading back toward me.

She leaned in close and gave me another whisper soft kiss on my cheek. "Thank you for rescuing Loki." Then she was gone.


Chapter Two

The rest of the summer passed more quickly than I would have thought possible. I had gymnastics meets at least every couple of weeks and my training was stepped up to 4 days a week. I also had Miranda.

Miranda was a bundle of curiosity and humor. She had a twisted sense of humor that could leave me breathless. After she started meeting some of the people in town (courtesy of our frequent strolls together), she would start making observations about them. I think I learned more about the town I'd grown up in from her observations than I had during the 16 years I'd lived there.

We got along famously and I had to admit that I liked her more than just as a friend. I have no idea how Miranda felt. She was fun. She was bubbly. She was an all around great friend. But, other than those kisses on the cheek after I rescued Loki, there was no sign that she wanted more.

I'll admit that I was afraid. I'd never had a girlfriend before. Courtesy of a gymnastic assistant a couple of years ago, I wasn't a virgin. But I wasn't Don Juan either. Kathy was 16 to my 14 and, for some reason, picked me to help her lose her virginity. We shared mutual time together whenever we could for the next year. It was sweet, but it was never more than just physical release for either of us. I hadn't bothered repeating the experience since then.

I think I was also afraid that once school started, Miranda would find someone else. Someone who didn't disappear several days a week. With her body and personality, the guys would be crawling all over her. She could have the pick of the litter. And while my gymnastics had given me a more than adequate musculature, I was still a bit of the geek. No way would she want to stick around.

It was with that thought in mind that I started school in August. Starting school also meant the return to the newsroom. Well, in actuality it was the French classroom, but it doubled as our news and journalism class. Outside of gymnastics, I had a real passion for writing.

I wasn't stupid. Most gymnasts are in their teens for a reason. It's not a matter of if you're going to get injured; it's a matter of how many times and what type of injury. A young body tends to heal faster. But the human body can only take so much abuse before it gives up. I was lucky that I was a male gymnast. Our best years were usually between 15 and 19 since it takes time and a minimal maturity to build the strength necessary to perform. Women gymnasts were considered over-the-hill by the age of 15.

No way was I going to let myself become a broken 19 year old with no prospects for a future. Writing was my passion and, hopefully, future vocation. It was also my refuge whenever I was depressed. To my surprise, I never needed it.

The guys did flock to Miranda - just as I knew they would. But Miranda didn't seem to show any preference and instead continued to hang around me. We didn't have any classes together, but we ate lunch together. She even took to hanging out in the newsroom with me when I had to stay late. I just figured she hadn't found anyone that tickled her fancy. Boy was I clueless.


Chapter Three

"I want you to take me to the football game on Friday."

I looked up from the article I was working on to stare at Miranda. She had perched herself on the end of a desk and was sitting with her chin in her hands just looking at me. My eyes swung around the room to see if anyone else had been the object of that request. The room was empty. Sort of like my head.

"Huh?" was my witty rejoinder.

"I want you to take me to the football game on Friday. It's the first home game of the season."

Nope. I saw her lips move that time, so I knew I wasn't imagining things. I had no idea why Miranda would want me of all people to take her to a football game, but I wasn't one to question a gift from the gods.

I attempted to collect my cool before answering. Nothing turns off a girl like drooling, I've heard. "Are you sure you want to go with me?"

Damn. I blew it. I had the chance and I blew it. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Miranda took a deep breath. "Adam, I have been waiting 3 months now for you to ask me out. I finally realized that I could still be waiting when I was an old maid if I didn't take the initiative."

My jaw hit the desk when I heard that.

"So I want to know if you'd like to take me out... on a date... Friday. I figured the football game was as good a place to go as anywhere else." Miranda stopped and just looked at me expectantly.

I was floored. "Miranda, I never knew you wanted me to ask you out. I thought you just wanted us to be friends."

At that, she got off the desk and stalked over to me. I don't care what the medical doctors say; an angry 5'4" woman can grow a foot when she is looming over you.

"Adam Williams! I have done everything but tear off my clothes in front of you trying to give you hints. Now do you want to go out with me or not?" The last was practically a wail, but I finally got the hint.

I smiled at Miranda slowly. "I'd love to take you out to the football game on Friday."

A meek "Oh, okay" was the only response Miranda gave before turning around and heading for the door.

She had almost made it to the door when I stopped her with a truth of my own.

"I've wanted you for 3 months too."

When I saw her turn with the start of a smile on her lips, I couldn't resist adding, "But if you want to tear off your clothes, please feel free."

I heard her giggling down the hall.


Chapter Four

I picked Miranda up at 6pm for the football game. When she answered the door, I admit that my brain froze. I was in awe that this creature would want ME. She was dressed casually since we were going to a high school football game. Although the way she filled out her shorts created anything but a casual interest in me. The woman had LEGS!

I was never much of a football fan, but I must admit that I had a great time. Part of it was because Miranda obviously WAS a fan. She was screaming her head off after every play. After one particularly loud outburst, the guy in the bleacher row behind us patted her on the back and told her that it would be okay. Miranda just smiled at me sheepishly and sat back down. It was the most normal thing in the world for me to put my arm around her and hug her to me.

There was no way that I was able to keep my arm around her the entire game. Not with her jumping up and down like a jack-in-the-box. But after that, Miranda would grab and hold tight to my hand every time she managed to sit back down. I loved it.

Dinner was nothing fancy, just some hot dogs grabbed from the concession stand at the game. Miranda didn't seem to mind though. We ate our dogs during half time and talked about minor inconsequential things.

By the time I got Miranda home, I was half in love. For her part, Miranda was slightly windblown and the tip of her nose was red from sitting out in the sun. She was also beaming from ear to ear. That's when I kissed her.

It was the tentative kiss of a new relationship. There was no tongue involved, just warm breath and moist lips. I felt it in my belly. But I kept my touch confined to only our lips and pulled back way before I was ready.

The look in her eyes stayed with me the rest of the night.

Being with Miranda was more fun than I ever thought possible. We went to a few more football games since it was obvious (to me and the people in the bleachers) that Miranda loved football. I also finally told her about my gymnastics.

If you think it's odd that I hadn't told her before now, you just don't understand the prejudice some people can have. Most people had at least one of two stereotypes of gymnasts. They figure we are all gay or on steroids. Most people believe both.

I don't do drugs. Period. No way was I going to take a chance on my health or my eligibility. And despite the fact that I can probably bench press most of our school's football team, I'm considered a pansy because I'm a gymnast. Where's the logic in that, I ask you.

I tried to explain all of this to Miranda. I give her credit. Her only question was if she could come watch a practice. I never practiced better than when she was sitting at the side of the mats watching me.

No doubt about it. I was in love.


Chapter Five

The only time I was uneasy was around Miranda's brother, Mitchell. Her twin brother. He was never overtly rude, but I could sense his disapproval every time we met. Once I even walked in while Mitchell was arguing with Miranda. I heard him yell, "He's not your kind" before Miranda shushed him.

Quite honestly, I was confused by it. I wasn't the greatest catch in the world, but I also wasn't anything Miranda should be ashamed of. Miranda explained it away as Mitchell's protectiveness. Just what he was protecting her against, I was afraid to ask.

With the exception of Mitchell's obvious dislike, everyone else accepted Miranda and I as a couple with few questions. I had very few friends since I had such a busy extracurricular schedule, but they were all the staunch loyal type. My friend Alex joked that had he known babes like Miranda went for geeks, he would have invested in pocket protectors years ago. I really laughed when Miranda informed him that it wasn't my pocket that needed protection.

That earned her a long kiss. As punishment or a promise, I'm still not sure.

Miranda's kisses were out of this world. Every time I kissed her it was like someone had set fire to my nerve endings. My lips would start to tingle and my blood changed to fire. There was nothing tentative about our kisses now. I wanted her so badly I hurt with it. But I also loved her which meant that I would do anything to make sure she was never hurt. So I reined in my libido and gave it a good talking to. It didn't work, but I sure felt virtuous for a while.

For a while.

Due to a teacher in-service, we found ourselves at the end of October with a rare Thursday to ourselves. No school, no gymnastics, no parents, no nothing but time for us. I think it was Miranda's idea to stay at home. We played a couple of games of chess before Miranda got tired of being beat and suggested dancing.

Have I mentioned that I love to dance? Particularly with Miranda. Most girls grab you in a chokehold and have to be dragged around the dance floor. Not Miranda. She snuggled close during the slow songs, but kept her weight on her own feet and followed my signals as if she were reading my mind. Dancing with Miranda was better than sex with most other girls.

I used my hand at her back to press her closer while we swayed to the beat. I'm not sure what made it pop out of my mouth at that particular moment, but I never regretted saying it.

"I love you, Miranda."

I was shocked when I heard a soft sob, quickly controlled. Pulling back, I tipped up her face. Her eyes were filled with tears and I started to panic. Maybe it was too much too soon. We had only been dating a little over a month after all.

"Honey, I'm sorry. What's wrong? Whatever it is, I'm sorry. Are you okay?" I knew I was babbling.

Miranda gave one more watery sniff. "I'm fine. I love you too, Adam."

Finally I started to relax. Until she drew back and punched me in the shoulder. I knew it had to hurt her more than it did me, but I smiled at the incongruity of being beat up while someone told me they loved me.

 
There is more of this story...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.