Maddie and Her Older Brother - Cover

Maddie and Her Older Brother

Copyright© 2023 by Curbstonesetter

Chapter 1

It has been well over seven years ago in late spring just about a month before my graduation. I was nearing the completion of my advanced degree in Geology. Over the final month of classes, I had been in the process of interviewing several prospective employers who were currently interviewing student candidates on campus. They were looking for prospective new employees who could help them in their respective work.

My last scheduled interview was with one of the well-known outfits that provided well servicing and other products and services who had a large presence in the West Texas oil patch.

They have been and still are very active in the oil patch in other parts of the country and in the offshore exploration and production industry as well. They were pretty large and had a large diversity of products and services they provided to the oil exploration and production industry.

I happily walked across campus to the administration building where the student interviews by prospective employers were being conducted. My meeting with the company’s representative went very well.

Before I left the interview I had been invited to visit with them in their Permian Basin office for a follow up interview which they don’t often do. The follow up interview was to be with one of their department heads and with one or more of their experienced Engineers and Geologists, as well.

I was elated to receive the invitation to meet with them in their Permian Basin office. The trip to their offices was just about right at 150 miles and a four to four and a half hour drive from Lubbock.

Yes, that’s the same Lubbock, TX that is the hometown of Mac Davis. The same Mac Davis who had the hit song of “Happiness is Lubbock Texas in my rear view mirror” of a few years back. As I drove out of town I looked in my rear view mirror and was reminded of the Mac Davis’ song.

Whether you like Country and Western music or not, you can hardly go anyplace in Lubbock without hearing his music or Buddy Holly’s music, too, for that matter. That is not surprising since Buddy Holly and Mac Davis were both from Lubbock. In fact if you spend very much time in Lubbock or most of the rest of Texas, you will soon be converted to being a C&W music fan.

I think that C&W music is the official state music of Texas. You may disagree but, it sure as hell ain’t Bach, Beethoven or Brahms. Although, a few people are known to listen to that music, too – Even in West Texas and elsewhere in Texas. Have you ever heard of Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys, the “King of Western Swing”? As Waylon Jennings said in his song, “Bob Wills is still the King.”

There is nothing wrong or bad about Bach, Beethoven or Brahms but, it just ain’t all that popular in Texas. I even like to listen to Tchaikovsky and Rimsky-Korsakov from time to time when the mood strikes me.

Thinking about all that, there is a sizable number of people who like Victor Borge, too. Not just for his hilarious comedy act with the piano but, he was a damn fine classical concert pianist as well.

Victor Borge certainly was not a “One trick pony” to use an expression you will often hear in Texas. Some of his work can still be found on the web. I like to go to the web to listen to his classical music from time to time. His rendition of Clair De Lune is superb and he is head and shoulders above other pianist’s rendition of that piece.


On my arrival at the company’s Permian Basin offices in Midland I was interviewed by one of their department heads and several of their engineers that I could be working for and with. I was really surprised that at the end of the interview I was made an “on the spot” offer to come on board with them. I was further surprised at the salary that was included with their offer, too. I don’t think I’d ever seen so much money not to mention even making that much money.

It was somewhat surprising to receive their offer. But, they indicated to me the exploration and production activity for oil and gas in the Permian Basin was very active. This was due to the price of oil hovering between $100.00 and $120.00 a barrel at that time.

Even more surprising was the starting salary that they offered me. They wanted to do as much work as they could before the tree huggers and the global warming and climate change lunatics succeeded in shutting down that type of exploration and production not to mention all fossil fuel production and the outlawing of the gasoline internal combustion engine vehicles.

I guess that was partially because of the shortage of degreed candidates especially those with advanced degrees. I think that they thought an advanced degree made the candidate more likely to advance to higher management positions and greater job responsibilities. And they were willing to pay that salary to keep a pool of potential qualified management individuals on board with them.

They needed as many degreed candidates as possible in order to continue to service their accounts since the rig count in the US and North America was nearly at an all-time high level if not higher.

This further drove their need for qualified candidates. I was asked how soon I could come on board with them. I responded by telling them when graduation was scheduled and that I wanted to take a little time off to travel to the Houston area where I grew up and my parents and my little Sister still lived.

I planned to take some time to visit with my Mom and Dad and my “little” Sister, Maddie. I wanted to visit with them for at least a week before I could join the company. I explained that I had not been home to visit my family the entire last half of my final year at the university before graduation.

My parents were becoming elderly and they kept asking me to come home to visit with them. My little Sister, Maddie, with whom I have been very close to, wanted to have me home for a long delayed visit, as well.

They understood that it was at least a two day drive from Lubbock to Houston and then at least a two day drive back to Midland as well. They told me that they normally flew from Midland to Houston rather than drive to visit their offices in the Houston area.

I indicated to them that since I wanted to spend at least a week with my family and the drive times would be the better part of a week, I told them I would report for work two weeks after the weekend on which the graduation ceremonies were held. They agreed and I returned to campus.

Maddie, my little Sister, flew out to Lubbock to attend my graduation and it was really good to see her again. She is about 5 Ft.- 6 in. tall, she weighs about 125 pounds. She is very trim and shapely for a 23 year old young woman. Meeting her at the airport made my heart jump when I saw her coming into the main terminal from the arrival gate.

She is just so beautiful with her shoulder length light brown hair, her flashing brown eyes that matched her hair color, her very pretty face and her beautiful blemish free complexion.

When she saw me waiting for her just outside the security area I saw her eyes light up very brightly and a very sweet smile quickly spread broadly across her pretty face. I knew she was very happy to see me and I was equally happy to see her.

Maddie and I had always been close to one another all the time we were growing up. We had the greatest love for one another that two siblings could have for each other. Other than her girlfriends, I was her best friend and had always been her protector. I always tried to look out for her and protect her during the time she was in school until I left to go to the university in West Texas.

When she saw me waiting for her outside the security area her pace appeared to have quickened and she hurried to close the distance between us. As Maddie stepped into the main terminal she sat her carryon luggage down beside us.

She threw her arms around me and gave me the tightest hug I ever remember receiving from her. She was just so sweet, so soft, so warm and so lovable with her arms around my neck I’m sure other people thought we were lovers.

Then she pulled back and gave me a fervent Sister-Brother kiss on my lips. She pulled back again looked directly into my eyes and then gave me another kiss but this one was longer than the first and was even more sensual. I thought if she kept that up she was going to raise my normal loving physical reaction with me holding a beautiful sexy young woman in my arms.

She pulled back, looked into my eyes again and said, “That first kiss was from Mom. She always did kiss you on the lips and the second kiss was from me, Big Brother. Mom told me to kiss you for her and that is just what I did, Shane. Then I figured you needed me to kiss you on the lips like Mom to show you how much we both love each other Big Brother.”

I saw the mischief in her impish brown eyes and I just had to ask, “Well what about Dad? Didn’t he tell you to give me something, too?”

As quick and smart as she has always been, she immediately shot back, “Yeah, he told me to tell you that you had better treat his little Princess like a Queen and take me out to a nice supper. He said he wants you to buy me some drinks and take me dancing while I’m here applauding and cheering you on, for receiving your advanced Geology degree.”

I pulled her to me to feel her wonderful, soft titties pressed tightly to my chest again and I kissed her again. I told her with a broad smile on my face, “You are a phony baloney, Maddie, and we both know it. She knew I was telling her the truth even though I had said it to her with a broad smile on my face.

We both know that Dad wouldn’t have said anything of the kind. He most likely said to tell me to get off of my ass, get a good paying job and start paying him back for all of the money he and Mom have loaned me while I was in school.”

With a broad smile on her face and laughter in her eyes she said, “Well, Big Brother he did say, ‘I hope that he gets a good job very quickly.” With that, we picked up her carryon and got her checked baggage. Then I walked her out to the parking lot. We got into my car and I drove us back to my apartment where she was to stay the weekend with me.

I wanted her to stay with me until I started on my trip back to Houston with her after my graduation. Of course, she was going to make the drive back home with me rather than fly home.

I told her, “It’s so good to see you and have you here with me again, Maddie.” A million guys would love to have her in their car. And another million would love to have her staying in their apartment over the weekend with them, too.

My apartment wasn’t big and I only had a double bed so she was going to have to sleep in my bed with me. That was something I really had mixed emotions about. I was concerned about trying to make love with her in my sleep since I hadn’t been laid in a very long while.

I knew that I really had to keep myself under control. Otherwise I would want to feel her up or jump her bones and make love with her in my sleep in the middle of the night. Needless to say as horny as I was it had been some time since I had been laid and I knew I’d want to make love with her in my sleep.

Of course, I’d like to make love with her when I was awake, too, but, that’s not for publication. Mom and Dad would castrate me if that happened because Maddie was their Princess as well as she was mine.

Maddie threw her arms around my neck and said, “I’m so glad to be here with you and see you again, Shane. I have missed you so much all the time you have been gone, Honey”

Maddie had gotten her bachelor’s degree last year in Financial Planning from Texas A&M. And it sure tickled her when the Aggies beat the Red Raiders on the football field whether it was here or in Aggie Land.

She’d had no problem finding a good, well-paying Accounting and Financial Planning job in the Houston area not far from Mom and Dad’s home. That way she could live at home with Mom and Dad and they really loved having their Princess living there with them, as well.

My Mom and Dad were getting well along in age and I wanted to spend some good quality time with them while I still could. When we got to my apartment we stashed her luggage in my apartment.

Maddie wanted to freshen up and relax for a little after her flight before we did anything else. Since it was late in the afternoon and just about supper time we got back in the car and I took her out to supper.

We went to a mesquite B-B-Que restaurant and she got a chicken plate while I got a rib and brisket plate. We were certainly no strangers to mesquite B-B-Que as it can easily be found in most of Texas including the Houston area.

During our supper, Maddie and I talked about what was going on in her life and her job and how Mom and Dad were. Maddie said to me, “I’m glad you are planning on coming home for a visit after graduation, Shane.”

“Yeah, I am, too, Honey, right after graduation is over I’m going to load up my car with all my stuff and I’m going to take you back to Houston to visit with you, Mom and Dad, Sweetie.”

“I’m glad to hear that, Big Brother, because you know that both Mom and Dad are getting well up in age and Mom has been looking much more frail in the last year. And Dad is not that much better either.

That’s why they didn’t come out here with me for your graduation. The trip would have been too much for them to endure especially for Mom. She wouldn’t have been able to do all of that walking at Intercontinental.

You really need to come back home and spend as much time with them as you can while you still can, Shane. They really need to see you and hear that you still love them and you are doing well. They are also looking forward to having you home with them for at least a little while, Shane.”

“I know, Maddie. You know how busy I have been this last year to get my degree. I had an interview just before graduation and they offered me a good paying job which I have accepted.

I told them that I couldn’t come on board with them until I have had time to spend at least a week with Mom and Dad and with you, too, Maddie. They didn’t have any objections to that either. They know the importance of how we treat our families.”

She reached across the table, grabbed my hands, looked directly into my eyes and said, “Oh, that sounds so good, Shane. And I know that Mom and Dad are really looking forward to seeing you come home to visit with us, too.” After our supper and on our way back to my apartment I stopped at a liquor store and bought a couple of bottles of wine that Maddie had asked me to get.

Then we went on home to my apartment. We shared one of the bottles and saved the other bottle to celebrate my graduation with the next evening. Maddie and I sat and talked until very late when we both got to yawning. We looked at each other and decided that we needed to go to bed and get some sleep since it had been a long and very busy day for both of us.

Maddie changed into her pajamas, a set of baby doll pajamas, and God; I had forgotten just how beautiful and shapely she looked in her PJ’s. Rather than sleeping in just my skivvies as I usually did, I put on a pair of jeans walking shorts to sleep in.

I was really afraid that if I was just wearing my skivvies I’d wake up in the middle of the night with my hard-on poking out of them. Worse, I was afraid I’d be trying to poke it into Maddie.

The last thing in the world I wanted to do was make love with Maddie in our sleep and even worse get her pregnant. I knew that Mom and Dad would die of shame if I knocked up our little Princess and I wouldn’t have felt any better about it either.

I knew that Mom and Dad would throw my ass out of the house and disown me if I knocked Maddie up even accidentally. Neither one of them believed in sex before marriage and sex between Brother and Sister was strictly forbidden.

I figured the walking shorts would be enough to keep me from jumping on her bones and trying to make love with her in the middle of the night. After we got into bed I took her in my arms, held her tightly to me, kissed her cheek and neck and told her, “Good night, Honey. I can’t tell you how good it is to have you here with me and to have you at my graduation tomorrow, too. I really love you, Maddie.”

She turned over to face me, put her arms around my neck and kissed me even more lovingly than she did at the airport. She said, “Good night, Shane. There is no way that I would have missed being here to see you and being here for your graduation tomorrow, Honey.

And I love you just as much as you love me, too, Sweetheart.” With that, she turned back over, shimmied her firm, round butt up against me and went to sleep. Her use of the terms “honey and sweetheart” kind of surprised me and it sure touched me, too, but, I chose not to think or say any more about it for the time being.

The next morning we got up, had breakfast, got dressed and went to the graduation ceremonies. Maddie was so happy to see me walk across the stage to get my diploma and she took pictures of me receiving my diploma. She wanted to show the pictures to Mom and Dad when we got back home. After the graduation ceremonies Maddie squealed with her enthusiasm and her happiness for me.

She very excitedly jumped into my arms, kissed me and told me how happy she was to see me walk across that stage to get my diploma. Maddie said to me, “I was so proud of you, to see my Big Brother get his diploma, Shane.” I hugged her, kissed her and then I took her out to supper again late that afternoon.

I really don’t know what the size of her boobs were but, they sure felt good, pressed lovingly against my chest. I got the feeling that she liked pressing her big boobs into my chest.

On returning to my apartment that evening we shared the second bottle of wine and then prepared to load up in the morning and head out for Houston. After getting up the next morning I cleaned out my apartment.

I turned in the key to the manager where I had lived for over four years and we got on the road leaving Lubbock on our way back to Houston. Looking in my rear view mirror, I was again reminded of Mac Davis’ song about Lubbock as we headed out for Houston.

We did not push hard to get home and late in the afternoon two days later we pulled into the driveway of our parents’ home, Maddie’s and my childhood home. When Mom and Dad saw my car pull up into the drive way, they came outside to the car to greet us. Both Mom and Dad looked very frail to me like Maddie had told me previously. It sure made me worry about them as frail as they both looked to me.

I made up my mind that I was going to make my visit with them as pleasant for them as possible for Mom and Dad. I took Maddie to the side and told her that, too. I also told her that I planned to be back here to visit with Mom and Dad as often as I could especially at Christmas.

That was because Christmas was always so special for them, especially for Mom. Mom had always loved to go all out at Christmas for the family. And Maddie and I had learned to regard Christmas in nearly the same way.

Along with Maddie, I spent as much time with Mom and Dad as I could. I told them that I had over a week until I had to report to my new job for work. It was going to take two of those days for me to drive back out there to report for work.

Maddie had taken the week off work and she had the week to visit with me. She also had plans to go out to a dance club and to the movies with me, which she sprung on me later. I knew that she was very eager to go out with me at least for a couple of nights.

We both helped Mom and Dad around the house with chores that needed to be done. A couple of nights I took Maddie out clubbing and we really had a good time. I had forgotten just how good a dancer she was.

A couple of guys that Maddie and I knew sat at our table. Each of our friends asked to dance with Maddie since they knew that she was a great dancer as well as being a knockout good looking chick. Another night I took her to a movie that I hadn’t done since we were in high school.

At the end of my full week visit, it was time for me to start the drive back to report for my new job in Midland. I hugged and kissed Mom and hugged Dad and told them to take good care of themselves.

I told them that I really enjoyed being home with them even though it was for such a short time. Maddie hugged me, kissed me and told me that she loved me as the tears were forming in her eyes and starting to run down her cheeks.

I could see the sadness in her eyes. I kissed the tears away and told her that I loved her, too. Just before I left, I told Mom and Dad, “I plan to do everything I can to come back home for Christmas at least for a few days.”

After all of our good byes, I got on the road and got on I-10 headed west toward San Antonio. I stopped for the night in Kerrville in the Texas hill country which would allow me an easy day’s drive the following day in to Midland.

On the morning of the third day after I had left my parents’ home, I reported for work and was scheduled for orientation and training on the requirements of the job. I was to be assigned to a specific drilling rig and a specific crew after my orientation.

The evening after I reported for work I found a motel to stay in until I could find a room to rent. I called home and talked to Mom and Dad and I told them that I had arrived safely in Midland.

Then Maddie wanted to talk to me, too. She told me, “Hi, Shane, I have missed you so much since you have been gone, Honey. Maybe I can come out there and visit with you sometime. I missed you as much or more this time than I have missed you in the past.” I know that if I had been there I could have seen the tears forming in the corners of her eyes again.

It was unmistakable for me to hear the sadness in her voice. I knew that she was very emotional and I didn’t think that she would be quite this emotional. Of course, her emotions kind of got to me. I told Maddie, “I love you, Honey, and maybe we will get to see each other at Christmas when I can come home to visit with you, Mom and Dad again.”

After my orientation, I was assigned to a drilling rig that was to begin work the following week on a new location. The work schedule was seven twelves, that is, seven, twelve hour days on and seven days off.

It sure didn’t leave much time for anything other than a shower, sleep and a couple of meals a day. Talk about not knowing whether you’re coming or going that was probably where the phrase came from.

It really drove home the old saying, “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy but, all work and no play makes jack, also.” I was making more money than I’d ever even thought about.

Not only that, how do you get the time to spend any of it when you are working seven twelves? And you are trying to take care of all of your personal responsibilities on your days off.? That’s really tough when you don’t really know whether you’re coming or going.

I had opened up a bank account and the company deposited my pay directly into my bank account. After a few months my bank account grew so much and at such a low interest rate I wanted to get it into some other account with better interest or in a growth account which would have better return. Working so many hours each week I didn’t have time to go anywhere except to eat, sleep do my laundry and pay my bills.

My bank account had built up so much more than I needed for my ongoing expenses that I needed to do something with the extra money I had other than my current expenses.

A large portion of my pay was put directly into my 401K account for me and my contributions were matched with 50 cents on the dollar by the company. I couldn’t put any more money into my 401K account as it was already maxed out at the legal limit I could contribute to my 401K account.

I was wondering what to do with the extra money in my bank account when I remembered: I had a sweet loving little Sister who was a financial planner and accountant. I decided that I would talk with Maddie if and when I got home at Christmas. Otherwise I’d have to talk to her on the phone about it. I decided to ask her for her recommendation on what to do with the excess money in my bank account.

The rig I had been assigned to work on went to work and I was shown the drill site location by my boss. When we got to the drill site I was introduced to the drilling rig manager and when I told him my name was Shane Donovan he said, “That’s an unusual name. Is that like the Shane in that old 1953 movie? I believe it was with Alan Ladd, Jean Arthur, Van Heflin, Brandon De Wilde and Jack Palance?”

“Yeah it’s the same name. My Mom and Dad saw that movie on TV and Mom thought that it was such a good movie. And since she thought my hair color was the same as Alan Ladd’s they named me after him. And that is pretty much where the resemblance ends.

This ain’t the 1870’s Wyoming and I’m not a cow puncher or a gun slinger. I said laughing. My closest resemblance to Alan Ladd is my hair color.” Of course, I had gotten that question many times before and I was ready with my silly ass reply to him.

The drilling operations went on around the clock until the first of December when we struck a formation that was known to contain oil and gas. Within days we struck a good paying amount of flowing oil and gas.

The seismic crews had done a good job of finding the strata that we had hit. A week and a half before Christmas we had plugged and temporarily abandoned the well and left it to await the completions crew.

Our rig was to be moved off of the site to be moved to another drill site to start drilling after the first of the year. I was told by my boss along with the rest of the crew that we were furloughed until after the first of the year. That was fine with me as it fit right in with my plans to head home and visit with Mom and Dad and Maddie.


That evening when I got back to my room I called home to talk to Mom and Dad to tell them that I would be coming home for Christmas. Mom and Dad were very happy to hear that I was going to be home for Christmas.

After I talked to Mom and Dad, Maddie got on the phone and I told her, “I’m going to be home for Christmas, Honey.” Mom and Dad were both excited to hear of my plans and they couldn’t wait until I could get there. I think that Maddie was even more excited to hear I would be home for Christmas.

Maddie was so excited when she heard my news she could hardly contain herself. She said to me, “That’s wonderful news, Shane. I can’t wait until you get here, Bing Crosby. Are you going to be driving or flying, Honey?” Her use of Bing Crosby’s name was a reference to his 1943 song named “I’ll be home for Christmas.”

I told her, “I plan to fly this time rather than drive. I don’t want to spend the four days driving back and forth this time. I’ll call you and let you know my flight number and arrival time so you can meet my flight.”

I called her the next day and gave her my flight information. Maddie told me, “I’ll meet you at the airport when you get in, Honey. You won’t have to take a taxi to Mom and Dad’s house.”

“Besides I want to be the first to welcome you home. I can’t wait until you get here. I know this is going to be a good Christmas for all of us, Shane. Just make sure you EMAIL me your flight information so I can pick you up.”

Even though I had given her my flight information over the phone I sent her an EMAIL with it as she had asked me to do. I think she just wanted to see it in print rather than get it wrong over the phone.

My flight to Houston arrived right on time at Intercontinental Airport. Anyone who has ever flown out of or into Intercontinental knows that some of the walks to the main terminals from the arrival or the departure gate can be nearly as long as if they were walking to their final destination.

However, when I stepped into the main terminal there stood Maddie with her dark pretty eyes shining brightly and she had the broadest smile on her face I think I have ever seen.

Before I could set my carry on down beside us Maddie had her arms around my neck with her cheek next to mine and her soft boobs pressed tightly to my chest saying, “Welcome home, Shane.”

I pulled back and looked into her pretty brown eyes and I could see the loving welcome she had for me along with a little dampness glistening in the corners of her eyes. I really enjoyed having her warm soft body pressed tightly to me again.

Then she kissed me very passionately and she said, “I love you, Shane and I’m so happy to have you home. Merry Christmas, Honey. The last time we met at the airport I gave you two kisses, one from Mom and the other from me. That one was from me and I’ll let Mom give you her kiss when we get home later.”

I sure loved the affection she was showering all over me but, it seemed more like it was a lover’s affection rather than a Sister’s love. I thought that I could feel her body slightly trembling as she hugged me.

Her welcome was very warm as she wrapped her arms around me and I tried to give her as much warmth and love as she had just given me. She sure soaked up the affection like a sponge that I had just given her.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.