Genevieve - Cover

Genevieve

Copyright© 2023 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 8

“I just got here, Dr. Grost ... give me a minute.” Gen said.

“I know ... I followed you in.”

“That was you?” Gen said. “You scared me half to death ... I thought you were one of those perverts Daddy warned me about.”

Genevieve Austin is ... memorable.

“If you were in your early twenties and single ... I would be.”

Gen blushed bright red ... with her bone-bleached butt length white hair the contrast was incredible. Gen wasn’t just white headed ... she was WHITE headed. A 90 year old man who was blond as a teen doesn’t have hair that white.

She considered ... He’s not that old ... but ... no. Life is full of surprises. My surprise is out there. He’ll find me.

“To the objective at hand, where would you like to eat?” Dr Grost asked.

No hesitation, “The Bank.”

There is only one The Bank. A local edifice, The Bank was a mob run local bank. Used to wash illegal liquor funds since 1919, the bank was wildly popular and treasured by the depositors until October, 29th, 1929, when the depositors started withdrawing funds. In January of 1930 ... along with hundreds of banking institutions across the states ... out of funds, the Bank failed. The staff took overt control of the building and opened a ‘food line.’

“Donations accepted but everybody eats.”

They fed the down and out for a year, when a Kennedy ... as an experiment ... stood in line and was served. It was great. A cut above, as they say.

He told his friends.

The staff was surprised to find a Madison and a Hamilton in the donation box at least once a week. Someone was financing the ‘food line.’ That someone was also financing a complete remodel of the interior of the defunct bank. In 1932 that unknown someone left a Salmon P. Chase TEN THOUSAND dollar bill folded up in a piece of paper with instructions to... ‘Open a restaurant.’ Hmm.

In 1933, the Detroit Free Press and the Detroit News announced the coming

GRAND OPENING of a Ritzy New Restaurant ... soon.

January 1, 1934 The Bank opened for business. The opening was attended by the Detroit area A-List ... Windsor Canada included. It wasn’t cheap ... even today ... it’s not.

To give an idea of the quality of the establishment ... The dishwashers have to go to Dish School ... Yup ... quality.

Doctor Grost’s eyebrown receeded into his hairline.

“What do you know about the Bank?”

“My treat,” said Gen. She gushed... “I’ve never been. I have reservations.”

So did Dr Grost. His reservations were about taking Genevieve anywhere the rich and famous gathered.

David was recovering.

“Your daughter is taking me out to dine.”

“Eat?”

“Dine,” Dr Grost said.

“Oh Shit!” David said, “The Bank.”

The good Doctor elevated his eyebrows ... again. “How did you know?”

“She knows I won’t take her. I told her her husband could.”

“ERK”

“Terrifying ain’t it.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.