Genevieve - Cover

Genevieve

Copyright© 2023 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 5

The driver is required to build their own car.

No commercial builds.

I couldn’t go buy one ... I couldn’t ask Genevieve to build it. I was going to get my lily white hands dirty ... and YES ... I was going to build one. Watching the reaction of the spectators convinced me. This was going to happen. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the trend went global. The next thing that would be happening would be the promoters for the Belle Isle Grand Prix asking our group to put on a pre-race race ... I’d even make book on it. The little cars are pure fun. Affordable fun.

Gen was going to build a new car ... the guidelines outlawed her car.

She used the engine, transmission and driveline from a Honda Sport 90 ... it has a four speed driveline ... and 18” wheels. Illegal.

“Heck,” she said, “Hoist by my own petard.”

She’s 10, David. 10! Where does she learn this stuff?

“I read, Daddy.”

Startled, David asked, “What?”

“Daddy ... you are losing it ... You asked me, Where does she learn this stuff.”

“I spoke?”

“Are you feeling okay?” she moved towards him. “You look a little flushed. Let me feel your forehead.”

Suiting words with action, she touched his forehead ... her hand was surprisingly cool.

“You have a fever ... I’m putting you to bed. I’m making chicken soup.”

“No ... I’m okay.” He shrugged off her hand.

“Choice, Daddy ... bed or I call Doctor Grost ... choose.”

“Brat!”

“Which? Bed with chicken soup or Grost with a needle?”

Daddy hates needles.

AAARRRGGGH! WOMEN! Daughters in particular. Busybodies!

“Bed ... you brat.” “And don’t you dare look smug!”

Lo and behold ... I sneezed. I wiped my nose on my sleeve.

But I’m not sick! Nope ... never. I’m sneeze fine. Hack hack cough spit. Oh that hack has eyes ... but I’m not sick! Not me ... Nosireebob. I’m never sick.

She was already fishing a chicken out of the freezer.

She washed the chicken ... dried it ... into the soup pot ... breast side down ... cover with water. Adjust the stove to simmer.

“Don’t you leave ... I’m just going out to the garden.”

She gathered 8 carrots, 2 celery, 1 parsnip, 1 yellow onion.

Her weapon of choice ... SAKUTO Japanese Damascus Steel Kitchen Knife Set With Blue Handle ... the ones with the magnetic storage bar. over the chopping block.

Humming a nothing as she cooked. “Pick a dill from the herb garden and chop it ... slice the rest. Sea salt ... no iodide, fresh ground pepper and mash three cloves of garlic.”

Second pot ... water on the boil ... matzo balls.

Watch the chicken pot ... simmer only.

She listened ... no sneezes ... no coughing ... no car. No car! Daddy!

“Daddy! DADDY! DADDY!

“What?”

Oh ... bedroom.

“Nothing.” she grinned. I forgot. Today was oil change and general service. Don’t tell him that.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.