Genevieve - Cover

Genevieve

Copyright© 2023 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 28

When the first race came around, after the snow and ice melt, Bethanne Austin, Davide Austin and Chief Roberts USNR all entered and won all three podium places. During post race inspection the Question was raised.

They had built their own cars ... together, just like the retired metal workers had built theirs ... together.

“This is NOT Congress, gentlemen. Unlike that corrupt body, everyone is required to obey the rules and regulations laid down by the Cyclekart Association (née Scalekarts Associated, ). You did it ... we can too.”

The Association held the first demonstration pre-race at the Belle Isle Grand Prix and was wildly popular. Interest soared ... Television big-wigs requested, after the CART race, that the association perform another demonstation race. That race was televised on National TV. Response was overwhelming.

Clubs were formed. Members were building cars all over the country and someone decided that lights were in order ... racing at night commenced. Soon, small tracks were presenting cyclekart racing as a pre-show. And every car was homebuilt by the driver.

By the time Genevieve was 15 there were corporations building frames and components. Wheels became valuable commodities. The Far East was stripped of wrecked machines. Industries building wheels cashed in on the fad.

Then it happened.

A Governor’s wife took her cyclekart shopping.

“If she can do it ... so can I.”

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.