Genevieve - Cover

Genevieve

Copyright© 2023 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 21

Some time later, after Genevieve had harrassed the ‘elderly’ and ‘infirm’ in their shop area until they suggested she ‘go home’ or back to HER wayback, she stopped by the Technical Drawing division of her Design Bureau and looked over Bethanne’s shoulder.

“Gee ... that’s pretty,” Gen said. She cleared her throat in such a manner as to cause Bethanne to set down her pencil and look at the younger girl.

“What?” said suspicious Bethanne.

“Just a thought,” Gen said, “Remember, the ‘unrules’ suggest that the builder is also the driver and as such should be able to egress the vehicle at need ... presupposing that the driver was able to enter the cockpit.”

Bethanne looked at her design, tore the drawing off the board, crumpled, mashed it into a fist size ball and gave it a toss in the general direction of the circular file. (3 points.) She slid another light green sheet of drafting paper out of the ream wrapping.

“But ... it was pretty,” Gen said.

“I forgot the prime directive,” Bethanne said.

Gen said, “Form follows function. Function is race. Form is car.”

Bethanne had finished the squaring-up, taping and penmanship part of design when David/Daddy, came through the Wayback pass through door.

With the slightest tinge of hope in his voice he said, “Bethanne ... are you staying the night?”

She looked at her watch, twice. As a contrived double take it was pretty good.

She followed through with the gesture. With her hand, palm forward, held to her brow, and in a die-away voice ... said, “Oh dear ... I must call home. One night I can get away with ... Bruce will never allow two.” Heavy sigh.

“Who is Bruce?” asked Gen.

David, quite peeved, said, “Your father’s name is Jarad.”

Beth paused ... for the drama ... and grinned, “Got ya.”

David and Genevieve Austin, father and daughter, did a visible reset. It was a ‘Well, shit’ moment.

David looked ... had. Gen smiled at David and said, “Yes ... I could use a stepmother ... but only this one.”

They turned on Bethanne, dropped to one knee, each, and said ... more like twins or siblings... “Will you marry us?”

“Gen ... this is so sudden.”

“You’re fun ... that comes first.”

“Why?”

“Mostly, you take a participatory interest in my flights of imagination ... unlike someone else in the family who used to but no longer does. However, there is also a wish ... on my part ... for step-siblings. I do so wish to be a sister.”

Bethanne took a second look at Gen, “You’re actually smart. I am impressed ... I thought you were having me on.”

“Nope ... it’s Daddy who wants to have you ... on ... multiple occasions ... daily.”

Bethanne eyed David closely, could she? ... then Genevieve came under scrutiny ... she could. Gen was a bonus she never expected.

“Yes.”

Her heart exploded with joy. So did parts south.

When the dust settled, Gen walked home alone.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.