Genevieve - Cover

Genevieve

Copyright© 2023 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 18

“So ... sell me one,” Daddy said.

“Can’t ... the only legal kart I have is this one ... I’m not letting this one go.”

“What is the matter with your other ones?”

“Motorcycle engine and transmission. Look daddy ... Except for the engine, everything you need to build your own is right here.”

“I don’t have time,” he said.

“Time? Daddy, all you do is sit in the den and play games with your money...”

“That’s OUR money ... yours and mine and I don’t play games ... I invest ... How would you like a new mom?”

She got that instantly. Adult humor might baffle her but a new mom?

“Bicycle Beth?”

“There’s hope ... maybe ... and never call her Beth ... she hates it.”

“Bethanne is Ok but Beth is not?”

“Yes.”

Suddenly something he’d said registered.

“Our money? Like ... it’s mine, too?”

“Ah ... caught that did you?”

Cutting to the chase she asked, “How much is my money?”

Ah ... the sticky wicket ... almost embarrassing. “75% ... that was the split... 75/25. The money is in trust ... but I’m the trustee. The court said it’s not your money until you are married or turn 28.”

That look ... yeah ... that one... “Trust?”

A pause ... thought ... revelation ... shock... “75 percent? Why so much?”

“The court said I was young and educated ... I could obtain employment. The Judge said, you are a helpless female and you need to be guided by a firm male hand. ‘Lest you frivol your substance away.”

“Married!?!” She fumed, “Why ... that, that ... pretentious old goat! What else?”

“When you ‘reach marriageable age’ the court ‘will see that you are introduced to suitable adult men.’”

“Can they MAKE me marry?”

“No.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“How are you reacting?”

That required a second period of thought. Quite a lot of thought.

“I’m pissed.”

“Try a more lady like word.”

“Upset?”

“Yes.”

Her brow furled, “How about, My tranquility has been perturbed?”

“Yes ... are you still ‘pissed?’”

“No.”

“Want to know what your substance is worth?”

“No ... when I’m 16 I’ll want an accounting of every penny.”

“Ok. Calmed down?”

“Yes.”

“About a scalekart? Care to discuss it?”

“An equipment rental agency in Toronto has a single cylinder gas engine that has a forged steel roller crank and roller rockers that I want to buy ... get two ... no ... three. Bethanne is about to get her hands dirty.”

“Bethanne? I see.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.