Genevieve - Cover

Genevieve

Copyright© 2023 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 10

So ... Dr. Grost selected Scotch. Scotch is whisky ... but not really. There is absolutely no comparison between the best bourbon and a middle of the road scotch. Confirmed bourbon drinkers don’t like scotch, “The flavor is off,” they’ll say. Proponents of good scotch always make that face after whisky... “Eww.”

Dr. Grost was sorry he chose the scotch keg.

“Don’t pour it out!” David exclaimed. “I’ll finish it!”

“What?”

“Macallan 87,” David said... “I get a break on the price because I buy it by the keg ... even then it’s three hundred thousand a keg. I expected that.”

Dr Grost had gagged. Then he tossed back the shot he had drawn off the whisky barrel. “Ooo, I like this.”

“Vintage 1918 Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, Eighty four thousand the barrel,” David grinned. “Buried in a vault just before the Feds smashed the stills. They offered that barrel to me immediately after digging it up.” He chuckled...”Accidental find ... new foundation for another warehouse.”

The doctor cleared his throat. “You’re right ... Doctors don’t make that kind of money.”

“Try a sip of the vodka.”

“I know this one, Karlsson’s Gold potato vodka.”

“It’s cheap ... sixty four hundred a 750ml ... there’s 13 bottles in that keg.”

“The rum is cheap, too... 14 hundred per 4.5 liter bottle. Three of ‘em in the keg ... I drank the overflow.” He sighed...”Made for a long tomorrow.”

“Tequila and I don’t get along. This one is palatable. Adictivo Tequila 100% pure Agave Azul.”

“Daddy ... are you getting my date drunk?”

They jumped. Guilty, guilty, guilty.

“Nope,” David looked closer. “Ahh ... George will drive.”

“Daddy!” she stamped her pretty foot.

George drove ... the 1932 Rolls-Royce 282 AJS (The Ludens Rolls) wasn’t as pretty as the Chapron Delehaye roadster ... but it was most impressive. George tipped his leather cap... “I’ll just be across the way.”

George was gifted the 40 bucks for parking. He walked to Joe’s Burgers and had a half pounder dressed ... dill, mayo and bacon served with thickcut fries. He used half a bottle of watered and salted vinegar ... Canadian style.

The doorman got his twenty ... passed by the young lady.

Upon mentioning her name Gen flashed her twenties, the Maître d’hôtel confessed that ... indeed ... the precocious girl had 8:30 reservations and she was neither late nor early. Only after confession did he receive his ‘grease.’

The table was front and center to the dance floor. The Maître d’ escorted and seated her.

The quartette was excellent and not so loud as to shout. The Sommelier was gifted but sent away. He returned with water ... Dr Grost had a slight buzz and Genevieve was not adding to it.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.