Riley's World - Cover

Riley's World

Copyright© 2023 by radio_guy

Chapter 48

We finished our day and ate supper. Our week progressed in a normal manner. When we met on Friday, we announced about the books. There was considerable interest. Also of interest were the reports of houses now available and the information about the groups that tried and failed to hurt us.

Alex said that he had heard from Margaret that her police company is doing well. They have met many new groups and deposed four petty dictators. Ours about the books and Alex’s about Margaret were the only items of note for this Friday while we enjoyed the fellowship and kids ran around playing happily. It was a cheering sound.

We’ve completed a year in our new home with our new daughter. It’s been good with many happy times. While winter was cold, it didn’t snow or even develop into any really bad weather. Nancy and Joe had a surprize. A young man came to their door asking for help. He was by himself, lonely, and hungry. Nancy and Joe adopted Jim into their family. Sarah knew him and they are now thick as thieves.

Margaret’s company is considering retiring as things have quieted down. Through Alex and his group, we are reestablishing communications with the rest of the country abd world which are also rebuilding. Joe and I are excited about this year’s crops and looking forward to a plentiful harvest. There is much to do but few people to do it.

I have been reviewing my notes and giving some thought to our future generations and hope they will avoid the mistakes we made in watching for aliens and in our method of governing. Currently, we have no age limit for serving in our governing bodies. We do have term limits and requirements for time away from governing.

We have learned much and can hand over a system that works to future generations. I’m sure they will find some new issues and problems to resolve. Sarah plans for things to be good. She’s in school as well as a representative for this area. She’s young but smart and determined. Sheila and I watch her and are in awe.

It’s turning out a great way to live.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.