Riley's World - Cover

Riley's World

Copyright© 2023 by radio_guy

Chapter 37

I heard, “That’s the last hot spot in the area. Give ‘em a chance to surrender and, if not, blow them out. I don’t want any casualties.”

Mary, one of his squad leaders, chuckled, “I’ll give ‘em that chance but I don’t think they will give up until after we collapse some of the building around them.”

It was quiet for almost two minutes. Mary came back on, “That ass! What’s more, it’s a physical impossibility. All guns, fire!” I could hear the guns fire and knew none of Joe’s squads were close. After about a minute, the firing stopped. Mary came on. ‘They found something white to wave. I’m having Greg tell ‘em to come out with their hands up and no weapons.”

A moment later, she said, “Joe, I have five prisoners plus another prisoner badly wounded. It ‘was’ the nasty talker but he won’t make it. Should we head in with ‘em after we look around some?”

Joe responded, “Yes, we’ll add yours to what we have and then start asking questions.”

Another voice said, “I understand asking questions but how do you get answers?”

Joe chuckled. “The survivors provide answers. Those that don’t answer, die. I’ve found that saves time.”

Within half an hour, everyone had returned. We had nineteen somewhat anxious prisoners. Joe brought them in and sat them down on the floor. Their arms were tied behind their backs. Joe pulled out his pistol, a large caliber revolver. He spun it around on his finger before cocking it and pointing it generally at the prisoners. He said, “We need to establish some ground rules. First, anyone who wants to cop an attitude should say so now so Mister Colt and I can resolve that issue permanently. Second, if a question is directed to you, don’t hesitate to answer. Hesitation will be fatal to you. Third, tell the truth. A lie will get you killed. Now, for the questions.” He looked toward Nancy who moved forward.

Nancy looked them over like they were cuts of steak and she was a vegetarian. A few squirmed. She said, “You,” looking at one of the squirmers, “tell me about your group and where are your women? A group like you always has women stashed somewhere.”

The man looked over at Joe who was using his fingers to count down from five and had reached three. He went pale and said, “B-Ben used to bring one by once in a while. He never told my guys or me where they were. However, he always came from the south of our location when he did bring us a woman to use. He took them back in the same direction, too.”

Nancy said, “Who knows where the women were kept?”

One man hunched a shoulder up. Nancy said, “What?”

He said, “Ben came from the east to bring our group a woman. He kept things very close to the vest. I don’t think anyone knew where he slept at night. He was checking on us when you folks showed up. You shot him when he drew on you.” He pointed at one of the women in Jack’s squad.

Jack said, “We have two points. Let’s check a map and then send a search party. We did and marked an area. Jack said, ‘My squad will go. George, will your guys come with us?” George nodded and the two squads left. Our prisoners didn’t look very happy which wasn’t surprising considering their comments,

It was an hour and a half before we heard from George with a report. “We found them. They’re not in good shape. It will take us another forty-five minutes to get back to the building.”

Alex said, “They’re really having problems.” He looked at Joe. “You might send some reinforcements prepared to support George and Sam’s squads.”

Joe said, “Mary, Jack, are your squads available?” They both responded that they were. Joe said, “Then, go.” They left with their people. Our prisoners quickly realized that more than half our strength were still hanging around and ready. Our prisoners remained very still as we all waited.

An hour later and immediately after hearing gunfire. Mary came on, saying, “We have one injured, two more prisoners, and thirteen rescued captives.”

Alex said, “Very good. Should we send medical assistance?”

“No. We’re on our way back.”

Twenty minutes later, all our people walked in. One man had a flesh wound in his arm. As he was seated and one of our medical persons began to go over his wound. I said, “What happened?”

He said, “They weren’t honest when they surrendered the first time. There were five prisoners but three didn’t survive their little ambush. I’m not sure any of the others should either.”

I smiled grimly. “That’s what we’re going to find out.”

After a pause, I said, “Now, who wants to cop an attitude?” It was quiet. “That’s good. I’ll ask questions and you will answer immediately and fully. I’ll point at the individual who I want to give an answer.” I paused again. I pointed at one of our prisoners. “You. How often was a woman brought around to your hidey hole?”

I picked one of the two new guys. “Not often enough. Ben wouldn’t let us touch them unless he declared a visitation time. He had them whenever he wanted and said it was because he was leader. He controlled everything we did. At least, the bathing area was where we could watch them. When he brought one over, the woman would be for all five of us so it was rough.”

One of the women rescued stepped forward. She said, “They were always rough. I only have been captured for a month. My husband had been killed in a raid by them. Shoot every one of the bastards. They don’t deserve to live after what they’ve participated in.”

I said, “Thank you, Ma’am. We now have one vote to execute all the prisoners. I’m now looking for someone who will speak for them to live.” I waited. It was quiet. I looked over at the prisoners and said, “It looks like you guys aren’t going to live much longer. We have always taken a dim view of any group that treats women like you have.” A few started to say something but I added, “The fact of coercion or threats is no excuse.”

Sheila whispered to me. “None of our prisoners care. Cruelty was rampant. Do it.”

I looked over at Joe. “Take ‘em out. I don’t want their bodies dirtying up the area.” Joe nodded and, using a couple of his squads, cleared the room of the prisoners taking them outside. Two of the rescued women followed them. Joe later told me that one of them wanted to shoot one man.

I heard the shots. I knew Joe didn’t mind leading a firing squad. I had no objection either. Both of us had shot rapists in the past and probably would again. Life could be a bit tough sometimes.

Joe came back in and I said, “Thank you all.”

Joe said, “It was a cowardly group with a bit of pleading. They’re all dead and out of the way.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.