The Kryptonians Are Coming - Cover

The Kryptonians Are Coming

by maxathron

Copyright© 2023 by maxathron

Science Fiction Story: A rogue from another universe is attempting to spread the alarm of an impending Kryptonian invasion. The Catalum ship is not impressed.

Tags: Science Fiction   Aliens   Robot  

The “human” yawned.

“Did you just yawn in response?! I said, the all-powerful Kryptonian Empire is intending to march upon this realm, starting here, conquering all lands and systems, and you ‘yawn’?!”

The two were sitting in the hangar of a small planetary outpost. A few puppy dogs were wandering about, doing nothing in particular. The rogue ignored them. The human would occasionally reach down and scritch them when one came close.

“Yep.”

“The Kryptonian Empire’s military numbers two hundred trillion soldiers, and a hundred billion starships, most of which would be imperial battleships, capable of turning the surface of entire worlds to slag. Their soldiers are equal to a thousand troopers of any given army, a literal one-man army, and their power-suits enable them to be walking main battle tanks. In fact, with normal levels of solar energy, they can fly as fast and as agile as combat aircraft, too!”

“Yeah, don’t give a shit.”

“The Empire is capable of blowing up entire planets, too...”

“Seriously, do you really think this ‘Kryptonian Empire’ is that much of a threat?”

“Yes!” the rogue Kryptonian said, exasperated.

“I don’t think you understand...”

“No, you don’t understand! They’re preparing for the invasion. We must run and hide.”

“No thanks.”

“What will get through to you that this is such a grave threat!?”

“Nothing.”

The rogue Kryptonian, at his wit’s ends, was about to leave when the “human” spoke.

“So far, you have not actually explained anything of this ‘Kryptonian Empire’ that can overcome us. You have described battleships that measure a few kilometers long, about half that wide and tall, armed with solar cannons that produce one gigaton of energy per shot, protected by shields that can withstand a hundred of these cannons firing upon it without break, capable of traversing the entire length of a midsized galaxy within a week, with enough troops to contest an entire planet of a typical star republic’s military, by themselves.

“Considering every military to date, everything from invasion forces to security patrol militaries, hold the number of fighting men to non-fighting men at one soldier for every nine support personnel, that comes out to twenty trillion soldiers, and with one thousand soldiers per battleship, that is twenty billion battleships, plus whatever support and logistical craft that will follow the main invasion around.

“You stand here trying to convey the threat of this invasion to a Destroyer-class holographic avatar of and in service to the Catalum Empire and its People. Do you actually understand how vast our Empire is?”

“Of course, host avatar! But it pales in comparison to...”

“You don’t.”

The rogue Kryptonian set his jaw. He would at least get the point across that the Kryptonians were the real deal. For now, he would let the hologram speak.

“The Catalum Empire claims what is known to most civilizations around here as the Virgo Supercluster as its home territory. It is a peninsula of galaxies off what is known as the Laniakea Supercluster. Virgo contains forty thousand galaxies.

“The average Catalum galaxy contains a hundred million planets inhabited by our people, and the average planet is home to a hundred thousand Catalums. Doing the math, this comes out to four hundred quadrillion Catalums.

“The average Catalum lives on a ship such as me. I am a holographic projection into a form that you, someone who is near enough to the basic human in overall shape and biology, can understand. This is a courtesy. My real form is a six-hundred-kilometer-long hexagonal prism with a million gigatons worth of firepower. The Kryptonian Battleship you described has at best, twenty-fire gigatons of firepower. If you sent a fleet of Kryptonian warships out to face me, I would one-shot every one of them without going below ninety-nine point nine, nine, nine energy reserves, and at a range so far away that your sensors would not see anything before total destruction, and at a speed so fast that the last ship in the fleet would be wreckage before a minute has passed.

 
There is more of this story...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.