The Other Side of the Coin - Cover

The Other Side of the Coin

Copyright© 2023 by The Story Teller

Chapter 23

When Detective Cooper called she thought he wanted her to check on his dog, but he surprised her by telling her it was okay to publish her story on Nick James.

She grabbed a notebook and pen. “Does this mean you caught him?”

“Yes, we found him behind a row of warehouses and arrested him without incident.”

Jennifer asked Cooper for her more information. “What about the chase”

“Well, it wasn’t much of a chase. Nick James took off in his Porsche shortly after midnight after a couple of mafia guys broke into his townhouse. While the police were arresting them, he raced down Groat Road at such a high rate of speed the police thought it was too dangerous to chase him. He was lucky there wasn’t much traffic in the middle of the night, but just to be safe police blocked off all intersections. He continued going north on the St. Albert Trail at speeds as fast as a hundred kilometers an hour. The police followed him at a safer speed. When he turned into the industrial area to avoid a road block at about 130th Ave. Police blocked all exits out of the area and waited until daylight to institute a search.

“Shouldice will be releasing this information at a noon press conference, so you still have the jump on the other media. Is there anything else you need?”

Jennifer couldn’t believe Cooper was being so cooperative. It was a big change from his usual Neanderthal attitude. “No, but thank you, this is fantastic. You’ve been really helpful, and this means so much to me.”

After a moments silence, Cooper replied, “I know.”

Jennifer was stunned. Was Cooper offering an apology? It sure sounded like it. It left her at a loss for words. After an awkward silence she replied, “thanks again.”

There was another brief silence before Cooper said, “I still have paperwork to do, but I should be home in a couple of hours.”

Jennifer hung up. She smiled at his attempt at an apology, then got down to work. She published her exclusive on Nick James in increments beginning with the car chase and his subsequent arrest. and followed it up with the background stories that described his alleged crimes and how they were committed. For the next couple of hours, she watched as her Nick James expose became the most popular story on the internet.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.