Broken and Bonded - Cover

Broken and Bonded

Copyright© 2023 by angie65

Chapter 9

“Trudy!” several of the girls called out in delight and Trudy was suddenly engulfed in a swarm of happy laughing teenagers.

“It’s so good to see you all!” she laughed as they slowly dispersed, and Seline grinned as she clapped her hands, to attract everyone’s attention.

“Come on then let’s sit down and eat.”

It was a fun meal with plenty of food and chatter.

Clara and Sandra were presently the eldest girls there at nearly nineteen and twenty years old, then there was Amy, and Fliss at sixteen and Sindy, Theo, Tilda and Megan who were the youngsters at fourteen down to twelve.

“Where’s Cora and Caroline?” Trudy asked suddenly, of two of the oldest who were now almost independent women in their own right.

“Cora is away at University still – on her last year now as you know, and Caroline is working at that large hotel in Devonshire, she’s being trained up to be management eventually.”

“Oh, that is good to hear; I must look her up when I’m next down that way ... but I’ll call her first to make sure it’s convenient, I think.”

“She’ll love seeing you,” Clara said smiling. “She’s always talking about you – you know.”

Seline chuckled softly. “Trudy was the one who taught her to drive, and I think that she came here with the intent of starting you two off as well, if that little blue car is anything to go by.”

“I’m late with both of you I know, but yes, Seline is right about the car!”

“Oh, I say!” Sandra gasped. “That would be splendid!”

“How long are you staying for?” Seline asked with a smile.

“Well, a few days – if you can have me, perhaps until the weekend.”

“That will be wonderful,” Sandra said excitedly. “We can really get a grip with the driving and then we can go and have some proper lessons.”

“Yes, that’s the plan,” Trudy nodded. “I’ve contacted a woman not far from here and she will come and see you both, next week.” she looked at Seline. “She will ring your first, her name is Nancy Cassington.”

Seline nodded in acknowledgement. “It’ll give us time to get their provisional licences sorted.”

The meal continued in good spirits and after they were finished, Seline led Trudy through to the lounge.

“Marcie will organise the girls and get the dishes sorted, and she’s probably already sorted your room and bed for you.”

Trudy smiled as she thought of the older woman – the stalwart of the estate, and the heart of this home. “The woman really is a treasure.”

“Yes, I still bless the day you brought her to us, I do not think that I could have managed on my own.”

“Well, we knew when we started this that you would bear the brunt of the day to day. As much as I would have liked to have been a permeant fixture in the girl’s life, I think this way has worked out best for everyone ... but are you still happy with this arrangement?”

Seline smiled. “This was my cause in the first place, but I do not think that I could have got it off the ground without your support – both emotionally and financially.”

“The money is and always was nothing,” Trudy dismissed with a flick of her hand. “I had more than enough – more than I knew what to do with.”

“Oh, I think you knew exactly what to do with it – that’s why you are so successful and why you are so much in demand. You have money and you use it well.”

Trudy smiled. “Well – perhaps it is as you say. But any way onto other things, such as why the brothers grim were haunting you.”

Seline chuckled. “Oh, Jon is not so grim, he never was – you just need to know how to look at him ... and as I recall you could always bring out the sunnier disposition in Matt.”

“That was then,” Trudy said sadly. “He doesn’t even remember me now – remember?”

“Perhaps harping after the past is where you are going wrong now.” Seline said thoughtfully.

“What do you mean?”

She shrugged and smiled a little smile. “He fell in love with you once...”

“We’re both much older now,” Trudy shook her head and scowled. “I am too old to be playing that sunshine girl who was so besotted with him.”

“Well, yes, that is as gone as his memories seem to be. But your natural personality is a bright and cheerful one, you are happy and energetic and everyone who ‘knows’ you – warms to you immediately – and everyone who really knows you – loves you unconditionally.”

“That’s sweet of you to say, Seline, but it has not been true for many a year now.”

“We don’t change our nature ... and we rarely change our tastes either, and as I said before, he fell in love with you once...”

“Perhaps.” Trudy sighed. “But what were they doing here anyway?”

“Ah ... now that is a tale to be told.”

Trudy grinned, as she sat back and made herself comfortable. “Then tell, Seline dear – tell all.”


“And so, I have agreed to let these young men come and stay here, and although I am not too sure what Jon, hopes to do with them, my role is fairly simple ... come up with as many hard-working jobs and get them working on my property.” Seline finished telling her.

“I have met the Frawnings boys several times over the years,” Trudy murmured thoughtfully. “But our last encounter was rather unfortunate.”

“Oh, how so?”

Trudy made short work of her Laurie’s abduction, and her rescue, and everything else that came after.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.