Dr Econ - Cover

Dr Econ

Copyright© 2023 by A Bad Attitude

Chapter 2

There is no easy way to tell a child their Mother has been killed. Under these circumstances I decided to tell her that a very bad person killed her mother. Nothing more. She cried and I held her. I cried also. Not for Sue, for Becky. I hated to see her so upset.

I finally got her to sleep then I took a shower and lay down to try and figure this all out.

Ann had taken charge of the situation and I had let her. Why? I guess I was too upset and not thinking straight. Sometime after mid-night Becky came into my room and got in bed with me. I held her as she cried herself to sleep.

The next morning I was up early and in the kitchen making pancakes, Becky’s favorite breakfast, when the doorbell rang. There was Ann and this beautiful girl, her partner I imagine, standing there. Looking past them I see Sue’s car in the driveway.

“Uncle Joe gave me the keys so I thought we would drive down this morning and bring it to you. How is Becky?”

“About as well as can be expected,” I say as they walk passed me into the house.

“I smell pancakes!” shouted the partner. “And this must be Becky!”

This girl squats down and introduces herself, “My name is Donna that lady over there is Ann. We are friends of your daddy.”

Becky starts to tear-up.

“Somebody killed my momma!”

Now she is crying. This Donna stands up then picks Becky up in her arms.

“I know Baby, I know.”

She carries her down the hall patting her on her back and whispering into her ear.

“Donna is good with kids. She’ll take care of her. Let’s finish those pancakes. We did not eat breakfast this morning and I’m starved.”

As I worked the grill Ann set the table and told me how “Uncle Joe” had already closed the case. She said he advised me not to talk to the press and if anyone asked I was to stick to my story of not knowing anything about the affair.

Donna and Becky came back into the kitchen. Donna had changed Becky out of her pajamas and into a cute outfit.

As Becky ate her pancakes she explained how Donna and she were going to look thru all the pictures of her momma and pick out the ones for her funeral. I looked at Donna. She winked at me!

“Then we are going shopping for a new dress for the funeral. I have to look pretty for momma!”

Again a wink!

“I told you see is good with kids.”

That’s what we did. For the next couple of hours Donna and Becky looked thru every photo we had of Sue. They selected one that was just a head shot of Sue. She told Becky they would get that one enlarged and sit by the urn with her momma ashes. Then they selected five more that would be framed and set on the table. They were of happier times. One was when Becky was born, another was of all three of us on vacation at the beach. Then there was one with just Sue and Becky. That one was Becky’s favorite.

By the time they had finished going thru all the photos it was lunch time. Becky suggested Mickey Dee’s and we all thought that an excellent idea.

The restaurant had a playground and while Donna and Becky played on the swing set Ann and I watched out the window.

“Donna would make a great mother for Becky.”

Without thinking I said, “Yes she would.” Then I looked at Ann, I started to apologize, “I didn’t mean...”

She took my hand,

“I don’t mind sharing.”

I guess by now you can figure out how this story ends.

Ann took care of the funeral arrangements and Sue was cremated. At the funeral I gave her ashes to her father, Dr. Heart. I also reminded him that Becky was his only granddaughter and that he could see her whenever he wanted. It was not his fault his daughter was a lying, cheating slut and it had taken me four years to finally catch her.

Donna was a good mother, not only to Becky but to our two kids also.

Ann? Well Ann stayed for almost three years then she moved on. She still visits every now and then, our kids all her “Aunt Ann”. Donna and her take long lunches sometimes. I don’t mind sharing. But only with Ann!

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.