Amethyst Girl - Cover

Amethyst Girl

Copyright© 2023 by Harry Bolo

Chapter 1

One day after her birth, Her mother gave Jade a small Amethyst necklace, which she placed around her neck. As it was loose, Jade would suck on the crystal like a dummy. No one noticed that a chip came off the crystal and Jade swallowed it, without any pain.

Jade grew normally and entered school like other children. She was a loner though having no brothers or sisters. She could draw and read very well for her age and was placed in the top 10% of kids. She was fantastic in sports and could run faster than others, jump the highest and longest, throw a ball with speed and accuracy. Everyone thought she would be an athlete. No one asked Jade and personally she was not interested in any sport. Her school work and memory retention was great. An all round top performer. Her parents who were on the fringe of society being hippies, took no notice or interest in their only daughter.

On entering high school, Jade was placed in the top classes. Again she was a top performer and the only action that she really enjoyed was the Army reserve. At the age of 15 she was taken to a rifle range and taught shooting. Well she had one lesson in how to shoot. Her first shot was the bullseye. All the trainers thought it was a fluke shot. So she did twelve more and scored perfect each time. She was noticed.

The following term holidays she, together with her squad, were on training in the ranges when one of the bigger girls hip tapped Jade over into a ravine. She fell on her back onto an outcrop of Amethyst crystals. Her fall crushed some crystals and made a dust cloud. She breathed it in. Five crystals penetrated her clothes and skin. Two on the shoulder blades, one almost into her coccyx and two into her ankles. Jade was awake the whole time and felt fine but she could not move. She closed her eyes and let the crystals help her out.

Another girl who saw what occurred, called a halt. They could not climb down into the ravine. She sent two member back to base and set up a flag area. It took 2 hours for help to arrive. By then it was dark. Jade just slept knowing the crystals were helping her recover. Her body was covered in the fine dust of the broken crystals. Early the next morning a rescue crew arrived and they winched down to her. They thought, because she had not moved, she had passed on. When they touched her, Jade’s eyes opened and she smiled at them. There was cheers above. She sat up and moved into their basket and grabbed two large amethyst as a treasure. Being winched to the top they took her away in an ambulance to be checked out.

In the hospital they tried to take away her crystals. She refused. As they left her alone she put the crystals in her vagina for safe keeping. When the nurses and doctors returned they did not see the crystals and gave it no more thought. Jade was released the following day when her mother finally came and picked her up. Back home she tried to remove the crystals but failed to find them. She noticed her skin seem tougher, her eyesight finer, reactions quicker and her memory great on recall. She remembered clearly who and how she was knocked her into the ravine. Putting on her running shoes she went for an hour run. On returning home she did not feel as if she did any running. That night she slept very deeply. Waking up feeling great.

The following afternoon an army doctor and the Colonel called to see her. They checked her out and asked what happened. She explained in full detail what occurred, the Colonel answered, the girl believes you pushed her first and she just responded. Is she a bully as no one else say they can say anything. Jade told him she did not like the fact she could remember orders and she was in top grade in school. Anyway Sir, karma will happen to the untruthful one. She explained. All she did ask was not to be stopped attending any further training as she does enjoy the reserves and would like to enter the army as soon as possible. The Colonel nodded his head. It would not be held against her and they look forward to her returning to her unit in the next school term. They left knowing she was telling the truth and happy she had no physical or mental injuries.

On returning to school, after the holidays and the squad training, she noticed the girl who hit her was not in attendance. At the roll-call, everyone was advised she had broken her hip 4 days after returning home in the shower, slipping on a bar of soap. Jade smiled, there again so did many other girls. The Colonel noticed Jade’s reaction and a few others and remembered Jade’s words about karma. He smiled. Later he did talk to other girls who were on the training camp and they confirmed she was a bully and for some reason did not like Jade who out shot her and finished the course faster than her. He noted it.

At the end of high school and Jade finishing on top, she refused the Dux award. The day she turned 18 she signed up for the army. Much to her surprise she was accepted and sent to training camp the following month. She really enjoyed the 12 weeks and achieved top marks except in team work. She really was not a team player. On her exit from camp she was asked what did she want to do. Her answer was to join the SAS. Jade returned home for two weeks awaiting a posting. The good news arrived after 4 days, she was accepted to trial for the SAS and needed to report to her state office on Friday.

Jade arrived at the time nominated 0800. She was seen by 6 doctors and given 22 injections. Unknown to the doctors, after she visited the toilet, each injection was rejected by her body. The paperwork said she was given it anyway. She was photographed naked and checked for any problems like moles etc. At 1600 hours the group of 8 were taken to the airport and flown to their next training camp. They were pushed very hard but none of it upset Jade. Where she shined was rifle target practice. She hit the target from 50 meters to 2,000 meters. Another task given was archery, Again she could compute and find the target from 50 to 900 meters. Of the 45 candidates, only 30 remained after 3 weeks and Jade was made a corporal.

At the end of the 12 weeks Jade was raised to a Sargent but with no squad. Only 10 finished the course. Again Jade returned home for assignment. Her parents still took no interest in her activities.

One week later she was asked to attend another training course in the capital. This course was on technical spy techniques, identifying targets, collect and drop messages, computer and GPS skills, physiologic training on killing. That did not worry her. Jade completed the course and came out as a Warrant Officer. She was sent to Officers Training School for 12 months. This time, returning home, she was a First Lieutenant. She jumped ranks due to her school activities much to the surprise of fellow unit members who came out as Second Lieutenants.

Before returning home, Jade was interviewed for a special unit by 2 Colonels and a General. This took two days. Jade answered all question honestly. Two weeks after returning home she was assigned a position in a SAS special task unit. Before leaving for her assignment overseas she was given 3 rifles and a bow. Jade spent 3 weeks on the army range practising with them. They were very nice and gave her an edge in the task she wanted to do.

As the plane she was on was about to land, a SAM missile was fired. The pilot dropped the plane and told everyone get out and bloody run away fast. Jade grabbed her stuff and ran the fastest with all of her equipment. The missile hit the plane and Jade dived into the ground to avoid the shock wave. Three people were injured, no one killed. Jade stood up and a jeep took her to the induction area. There the new recruits were welcome. Jade had her own room and the others shared.

The following day Jade followed another sniper team to a shoot location. They saw, through their gun scopes, a team placing a mine in the road which was used by the camp. Jade picked out the man with the landmine and was just about to shoot when a gust of wind revealed another person had on a suicide vest. She pictured she managed firing a shot with her finger. The next thing is the vest blew up, it triggered the landmine and every terrorist was killed. They radioed HQ and they quickly sent a team out to check. The sharpshooter said to Jade, that was lucky they had a faulty vest and saved our ammo. Afterwards the team cleared the spot, and returned to base.

At the base camp Jade asked permission to use the target range for her special sniper rifle after dark. They approved. As she was the only shooter, Jade setup eight targets ranging from 500 meters to 900 meters. She shot three rounds into the first three. The crew watching her withdrew to have a coffee. She tried to shoot target four with her finger like this morning. The target showed a hole, like a bullet in the centre. She looked around to see if anyone was watching. No one was. She tried the 900 meter target with her finger and whilst watching through her scope she saw the hole appear on the centre. She fired off her rifle into each target then collected them. Each target had a perfect shot in the centre. Number 4 though had a different type. It looked like a five sided hole, not round like the others. Inspection of the 900 one also showed the similar sided hole. She did not return the targets to control but kept them.

That night asleep, she dreamed of the accident and the crystals entering her body.

The following day they entered the local town shopping centre and walking through the markets. Jade purchased some soap together with some trinkets. One of the stalls had crystals, she was drawn to all of the amethyst crystals and as she touched a really deep purple, it seem to say purchase us. She gave the stall holder $40 for all of the amethyst. He was happy to sell them. Jade did not barter either. Taking the fifty plus crystals in a nice bag they seem to hum and vibrate with her.
Returning to the base for lunch, she placed the crystals in her room but took the deep purple one she touched out and placed it initially her top pocket. It felt wrong so Jade put the crystal inside her bra. It seem to vibrate happiness touching her skin. Jude went to the mess for lunch.

After lunch she was summoned to the major’s office. There, they explained her assignment. She was to select three other soldiers and become ST3. (sniper team 3). She had the base to pick from and was given 3 days to select. Calling on the other two snipers, she drilled them about the best people to select as they had done the same. Jade ended up selecting two males and another female. Their main thing between them were they were more or less loners. One had excellent radio and computer knowledge, the other was like a pack horse build and very strong. The girl was a tracker and finder, with her eyes could easily see differences over distances. Another common skill was they all moved with speed and quietness. Calling the three into a private office she asked each one if they wanted to be in her team. They looked at each other as she explained her assignment and the reason she picked them out of the whole base. Then to their surprise she walked out saying she would return in fifteen minutes for their decision.

Fifteen minutes later Jade returned and asked first if they had any questions. They asked around ten questions to which she answered honestly. They all agreed to be part of her team. The other factor she picked them were none, like her, were glory hounds. The just did their job to their best ability. She gave the Major, the names and three days later they reported to her and were given quarters in her building. For the next week they trained together to become ST3. They knew the company signals and also made up some extra to cover additional situation. She felt they were a good unit and gave each one an amethyst crystal for luck and protection. They agreed to always carry them on assignments as a unique identification.

Two weeks later they were given their first assignment. It was to identify a nest of terrorists and their cave entrances. If possible to eliminate and destroy the cave and any entrances they could find.

Jade smiled at the assignment and getting her unit together they went over their knowledge of the dry mountain area. They left, in civics, the following day. It took two days to get to the location. Within an hour Jenny found a suitable cave location covering the area of concern. Their cave did not have any other exits. Jade using her scope and Jenny with her binoculars spotted the entry cave. Luke radioed in success in finding the entrance. Just after he stopped his short signal they came out of their cave with radio location equipment. Luke turned off the unit fully. So they could not trace their signal. Jenny noticed two other entrances with people and equipment. They pulled back inside the cave and discussed options.

The following morning a truck pulled up and dropped off some food supplies. Big Andy, with his scope reckoned they had enough food for either two weeks for the number of people they saw or if more people were inside then they needed to wait for the next delivery to estimate numbers inside. They spent the day watching in one hour shifts. Over the day they counted around 30 people going in and out. Andy reckon the food would only last 4 days. The following day the same supply truck came, at the same time and dropped off the same volume of food. Andy believed there would be around 55 to 60 people inside. (later findings revealed 58 people). Luke encoded a message and sent it on another frequency. Again they came out with their equipment looking for the transmitter. As the signal was very short, they failed to look in their direction. Two teams of seven terrorist went searching south of their location and returned three hours later shaking their heads.

That night Luke turned on his receiver and got a coded message. He turned his unit off. Decoding the message it was either a go or return for reinforcements. Smiling Jade asked the team. They agreed to try and eliminate the cave. Jenny set up some rocket launcher to get their entrances. Jade set up her rifles. Andy and Luke were tasked with ensuring ammo was ready for all. That afternoon another truck pulled up and started to unload ammunition. After approximately ten boxes were unloaded Jade shot the truck. It exploded and killed all those close and started a rockfall over the entrance. Jenny sent the rockets to the other two entrances just as people started to run out, they were closed in with rock falls. Three people who were outside were eliminated by Jade. Two by her rifle and one by her hand. They waited until nightfall before withdrawing. Dressed in local gear not their fatigues, they entered the local town acting like hippies tourists. With local cash they hired a van to the next city.

They arrived back to base in three days. After a debriefing, the Major congratulated them on the success of their mission. Intelligence in the area believes the camp was wiped out or people buried alive. They are still trying to dig out the rockfalls. Jade and Luke mentioned the radio tracing. The team spend the next few days cleaning up, restocking and catching up on some hot food.

The next market day the four of them went shopping. The same stall holder saw Jade and called her over. From under the counter he produced a large double ended amethyst with the deepest purple she had ever seen. He asked $50.00, Jade paid willing. She placed it in her deep trousers pocket and it only just fitted. It felt good to her. It was at that point she remembered the amethyst crystal she placed in her bra and with a quick feel it was not there. Maybe it’s back at base she thought. The unit purchased some local clothes for some missions with the ability to hide their equipment. Big Andy was like a monk in his outfit. Jade and Jenny got some female Arab clothing as well.

A week later the team was given their next assignment and would travel from another base. They would leave in two days. The team spent the available time scoping the area like last time. Luke did talk to the communication team about the last job. He was given two other transmitters on different frequencies to try out. The Major said that maybe you have found out how some other teams have been eliminated. He would change some procedures on their findings.

They were flown to the northern outpost. There the commander gave them the latest information. Luke told him about the tracing of the transmitters. He nodded his head in understanding.

This site was similar to the first with one road way to their cave. It had three other openings they could see from their advantage site. This time they spent three days watching the caves. Andy believed there was around ninety people in the caves. The food truck arrived and unloaded a heap of boxed goods including their own army supplies. They looked at each other on this discovery. Luke recorded the truck details and description of the drivers. They tested their radio transmissions and on using the normal issue, men came running out trying to locate them. Again Luke was very brief and not on air long enough to be traced. That evening he sent another message by another higher frequency transmitter. They did not come out. The next morning Jenny went out and found a cave with ammunition stored below their cave location. She returned unseen advising the team. They again discussed tactics and set up a plan to disrupt on the next food delivery day.

Two days later the food delivery came, this time it had another car in front of it and from the caves quite a few people stood to attention. Jade shot the delivery truck fuel. It exploded, She shot the car and it exploded. With her hand she shot the five highly dressed people. Jenny shot at the other entrances and the ammo depot cave. It exploded in a mighty blast and the mountain seemed to collapse on itself. Dust was everywhere. This time Jade and the team moved out quickly. They were picked up three hours away at an agreed location.

They were debriefed by the outpost Captain. He was not happy to hear about supplies from the army being delivered. The truck was a local vehicle and approved to come onsite. He ordered an outpost closure and an audit of the food stock. They found one third of the food stock missing and some cases were empty. He continued the audit of equipment and found the same issue. He reported it to senior officers at HQ, bypassing the normal ordering route. They were not happy either.

Jade’s unit was the only exception to the closure of the outpost and they returned back to their base. On their return they were debriefed by the Major and a Colonel for two days. They were not in trouble but complemented on their observations. Apparently they did kill three very senior ranking terrorist in their hit.

A week later they were sent to the southern border outpost as an audit team (under cover). They did their role to check all food stock quietly. Again they found about fifteen percent missing or empty boxes. They did not tell the local Captain but radioed it to the Colonel’s office. For the next week every delivery and pickup truck was fitted, without the drivers knowledge, with a GPS tracker. Most were OK but two kept going up into one of the mountains after or before delivery to the outpost. The Colonel gave Jade permission to investigate and take any necessary action. This time they did not need to wait for a go code, just get the mission complete.

Unlike the last two times where they sneak into the area, they entered as tourists hitching rides. Andy acted like a simple man, Luke the brother and his two sisters. It worked. As the walked around the mountain range Jenny found a suitable site over the area. They quickly disappeared early one morning from the town. This time the cave was close to a busy cross border road. Jenny and Andy, acting like lovers walked around the hill and discovered five entrances. Two out of sight and reach from their observation post. They returned to Jade and gave their report. That afternoon one of the GPS trucks pulled up at the entrance and unloaded goods from both sides of the border including army supplies.

Luke suggested the next delivery vehicle should have some explosive onboard in army delivery boxes. We explode that truck and we hit the other entries with rockets. It would mean splitting the team. They all agreed. Andy and Jenny would get the two entrances on the North and West. Luke and Jade would do the three on this side. Jenny and Andy found another location to hide some missiles and timed their return journey at twelve minutes. They contacted the Colonel and he agreed. He would arrange the explosives. Two days later he advised they were picked up on truck nine. Luke followed truck nine route and it went directly from the outpost to the terrorists.

The truck arrived and they started to unload. Jade waited ten minutes for Jenny and Luke to get to the other site. She shot the truck, it really exploded causing the other explosives to go off. Luke fired on the other two entrances and they heard Jenny and Andy fire their rockets. The hill again seemed to collapse. Jade saw people running out another higher cave. She fired on them killing everyone who tried to come out. Luke closed the entrance with a rocket. Twenty minutes later Jenny and Andy returned smiling. They dressed as they entered the town with Luke loudly yelling at Andy for being stupid and breaking the van. They stole another vehicle and returned to the outpost. The outpost took the stolen vehicle to another location.

The team were flown out within the hour back to their base. They waited a day for the Colonel to debrief them. Word was out that the army had a crack team doing the hits and they were looking for them. The Colonel flew the unit out to another overseas location for two weeks R&R.

The team had badly hit the terrorist organisation and weakened their logistics. New orders came out where all ammo and food stock was traced from country entry to location, now only to be handled by army staff. No locals to have any access and empty boxes destroyed by fire.

On arrival at the new base, none of the unit put on any badge of their rank. They were stopped by a Second Lieutenant, they were taken away into a private office and he demanded to know why they were there with emergency authorisation. He had no paperwork and he will arrest them and throw them in the brig until they gave their information. He was a paper shuffler nightmare. They looked at Jade. She responded they are on R&R special reward leave. The little man was not happy and told them they were confined to quarters until he found out who they were. Jade turned around and put on her rank badge. He look at her back demanding she turn around immediately. So Jade did and demanded he salute her. His face dropped as he stood and saluted. Jade looked at Luke and asked him to get the MP’s. He open the door and they were outside. Jade told them to put this clerk in the brig and hold him until further orders arrived. They saluted her and matched him away. Another office clerk came in and asked for orders. She found out his name and closed the door. She rang the Colonel, and he actually answered the phone. She explained what happened on arrival and the second Lieutenant name. She could feel him smiling over the telephone. He responded carry on with your R&R, I will send orders to get him recalled here. Thanks for finding out how we have had problems in that location, He was acting without authority. She told her crew who all picked up their gear. They stowed their guns in the armoury and went into town.

Luke, through his contacts booked a four bedroom unit over looking the city sights and harbour. They enjoyed the first two days of freedom but as none of them drank alcohol, they did enjoy the food though. Whilst sitting on the balcony Jenny noticed an ugly looking building at the docks and with her scope, she noticed armed men in the windows. Jade and Jenny decided to have a closer look at the building, acting like lost tourist.

Inside the building, it was a store house for drugs and ammunition. Not for the good guys. As the girls walked pass, four guys followed them into an alley way. They made the mistake of trying to grab the girls. The first two guys were thrown against the wall and lost any further interest in them. One other drew a pistol, Jade kicked it into the air and with her finger pointing to his C1 neck joint, she pictured the guy joint separating. Her fingers tingled and he collapsed dead. She pictured the same with the guy fighting Jenny just as she connect a punch to his jaw. He collapsed and died. Turning around she did the same to the other guys out cold. They could not afford them to be able to identify the girls. A quick search of their bodies revealed a heap of cash and other arms. They took their guns, knives, wallets and extra cash to make it look like a robbery. Jenny and Jade returned to their home unit. After informing Andy and Luke they kept a watch on the warehouse.

Luke did an investigation via his laptop, and found out three of them were wanted by Interpol. The following morning a truck pulled up and unloaded army ammunition boxes into the warehouse. The boxes were from various countries. Most tags mentioned they contained either M50 or 7.62 bullets. Luke reckon they had enough to do the company unit for three years. Maybe they have stumbled on the terrorist supply route and because of recent reversals they have to stockpile them. Jade smiled at the news. Discussing it over dinner they agreed to do some action. The following day Jenny said they were taking in boxes of C4. Now that is dangerous stuff. Without anyone seeing her, Jade pictured the fuel tank explode and the building collapsed. She fired her fingers, this time all four fingers. Jade was flung back into the unit as both the truck and building exploded. It blew out all windows for over a mile. The black plume of smoke and the smell of cordite was very strong. Jade stood up as the others came running from their bedrooms and looked at the damage. Jenny took a heap of mobile pictures. Since they found the factory Jenny had kept a running picture record. They decided to return to base.

In the base, a new Second Lieutenant greeted them and provided them with a secure room. Jade and the group prepared a report together with the photographs and sent it highly classified to the Colonel. On receiving the report he ordered them into Europe by the next available transport.

Two days after arriving they were met by a General. He promoted each one for their services. Jade was now a Captain. The other moved up from private to Corporal and Sargent. Each one was asked personally if they wanted to remain as ST3, they all did, much to the happiness of the General. He told them they now report directly to him and gave them the access protocols.

In Europe they were asked to trial some new sniper rifles and other equipment. The General mentioned he would contact them directly on their next assignment, in the meantime they were field test operators. Their cover. For the next three weeks they had a ball testing the new equipment and writing the reports on their good and bad points.

During the fourth week, Captain Jade was summons to a secure room for a teleconference. There were 14 other people in the conference. Her picture was not shown, she was one of three blank screens. Apparently a terrorist group had taken control of a telecommunication centre in her current country and demanding release of all political prisoners. Some of whom they were desperate not to release. Jade did not say a word. After the call concluded the General asked her to look into the situation and report. If her team could find a fix without unnecessary bloodshed, then she was authorised to take action. The terrorist were of no concern. In other words expendable. She understood and agreed to looked into the situation.

Calling the unit together they left the base with their equipment. Luke found local accommodation and they drove into a lockup garage. Luke’s found his computer information access had been vastly upgraded for all data. He was happy. They found the telecommunication centre floor plans and staff locations. Another country had sent in a drone and captured a heap of information before it was knocked out of action. They found out it contained around 30 terrorists.

Jade and Luke attend a meeting of counter terrorist officers, they planned to send in a team and with smoke bombs, they would flush out them. Jade knocked the smoke bomb idea as it would not allow snipers to assist. Luke mentioned they did not seem to have any food. How were they eating? He pulled up a subterranean map and found it had three entry points for cables together with service shafts. They found their way into the building. With one of the new weapons the team had been testing, it could be useful if any team was pinned down. They could contact her and they would use the rifle to open or eliminate the blockages. Luke radioed Jenny to collect three of them and the ammo. It was decided to attack at 0500 hours the next day.

That night they set up their points for coverage. Because they were on a corner to the building, they could see two sides. Another team was set up opposite. The four of them were in position from 0430. The operation started. Jenny noticed a large package had been installed overnight on the aerial. They radioed in the information and a drop team clambered to the roof. It was a dirty bomb. They found the wires and after testing found they were on a relay trigger. They removed the detonators and moved the bomb to the corner of the building.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.