A Great Summer - Cover

A Great Summer

Copyright© 2023 by Nancy Bloom

Chapter 11: Summer’s End

The handsome man wore a smile on his face as he raised a tumbler of whiskey and looked around the table. A young teenaged boy, a dark-haired girl perhaps a couple of years older, a second girl the same age with blonde hair, and an attractive woman sipping a glass of wine surrounded him.

A half-finished cake sat on the table with bunch of candles on a little plate to the side.

“Welcome back, ladies. I don’t know how Tommy and I survived for two weeks without the three most beautiful women in the world to take care of us, but we made it. It’s good to have you home.”

“Aww,” said the woman with a smile as she sipped her wine. “I’m sure you two boys managed to have a little fun without us. Did you learn any new board games, Steven?”

Steven laughed, “I got handed my ass a few times by your son.”

“Don’t say that, dad,” said Tommy with a big grin although he barely managed to look away from the blonde girl even for a moment. “You’re good at games, you’ve got a strategic mind. You beat me a few times. Can we play a game now, mom?”

“I think it’s present time,” said Shelly looking at her son and then to the blonde girl. “I believe my daughter smuggled something back from Milan without Sarah noticing and I hope my husband remembered to get the gift we agreed upon.”

Tommy’s eyes opened wide and he nodded his head, “I got you something too, Sarah.”

“Let’s retire to the lounge,” said Steven as he stood, making sure to pick up his tumbler as he did so. “Tommy, I think maybe one more time bussing the table. We don’t want to put the ladies to work on their first night back.”

“But, dad,” said Tommy looking at his father. “I wanted to give Sarah her present.”

“We’ll get setup while you clean the table,” said Steven. “Then she can open all her presents.”

“Don’t forget to rinse,” said Shelly, looking at her son and pointing a finger.

“I’ve been doing it every day for two weeks,” said Tommy with a roll of his eyes. “I know how to fill the dishwasher.”

“Get to work, slave boy,” said Nan with a grin and made a cracking whip sound while flicking her wrist.

“Nan has to clean the table every night next week,” said Tommy. “It’s only fair. She’s been having fun in Europe for two weeks. When do I get to go to Italy?”

Shelly smiled as she stood and took Sarah by the arm, “Maybe Sarah will invite you along for one of her trips. We had a marvelous time but it’s only fair that Tommy gets to go too.”

Sarah smiled and winked at Tommy, “Maybe next time.”

“Really?” said Tommy.

“If they want me back,” said Sarah with a shrug. “I’m not sure how good my pictures will turn out.”

“Don’t be so modest,” said Nan coming up and grabbing the girl by the other arm. “You’re the next big thing. Your agent told me for sure you’re going to be in Sports Illustrated next year. The swimsuit edition.”

Sarah blushed, “I don’t know. Those other girls are much prettier than me.”

“Ha,” said Nan gave the girl a smack on the butt. “No one is prettier than you. Right, Tommy?”

Tommy bobbed his head up and down. “No one.”

Sarah grinned, “I’m not so sure about all that, but didn’t I hear someone say something about presents. A girl is only seventeen once.”

“Come on,” said Shelly with a smile. “Tommy, I don’t want you rushing those dishes. Rinse them properly and load the dishwasher carefully. I don’t want to have redo them tomorrow.”

“Yes, master,” said Tommy with a grin and turned to head back through an open door, presumably leading to the kitchen.

“Come on,” said Nan, pulling Sarah forward and out of the dining room, through the main entrance hall and into the large living room. “You sit there on the couch. I’ll be right back.” With that she dashed out of the room and footsteps quickly sounded as she went up the big staircase.

Steven walked over to the couch and pulled out two stylish travel bags. “There you go, birthday girl. This is from Shelly and me.” He turned to his wife who took a seat in a large chair across from them. “My wife thought you needed an upgrade and I suspect you’ll be doing a lot of traveling.”

“Oh, they are perfect,” said Sarah with a grin as she picked up first one and then the other. “The ones I have are terrible, they’re my fathers from forever ago. Thank you, thank you so much. These are fantastic!”

“You’re quite welcome, Sarah,” said Shelly. “I just hope you’ll remember us when you’re rich and famous.”

“I’ll never forget you. Never. Where’s Aunt Lucy?” said Sarah. “Isn’t she here anymore?”

Shelly looked at Steven with a shake of her head, “I’m told she met a handsome fellow last week and hasn’t been around much since. Isn’t that right, sweetie?”

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.