The Wishing Well Curse - Cover

The Wishing Well Curse

Copyright© 2023 by Lynn Donovan

Chapter 19

Determination flooded Zeke. Back in the house, he grabbed the yellow envelope and strode down the hall. As he neared the library, he pulled the letter out and read his uncle’s now familiar script.

My Dearest Nephew Zeke, If you are reading this, you have reached the point I hoped you would. Pastor James is a good, Godly man. Don’t let his appearance fool you. He will guide you on this journey.

I have spent many hours in my prayer room, seeking God and trying to prepare for your coming. You, dear nephew, are the answer to my prayers. God reveals His mysteries when we are ready for them. He hides them for us, not from us. Seek Him in all that you do and these mysteries will be revealed to you as well. The Bible says, “Seek first the kingdom of God and all else will be provided.”

Allow God into your life. Allow Him to bless you. This is my prayer for you.

When you take the first step, giving your heart to God, the rest of this challenge will unfold. All things are possible with God.

We cannot resolve great and mighty things here on earth, but God can. We must allow Him to work through us and with us to achieve these lofty goals. The goals I have set before you are lofty, but, with God, you can do this. Seek Him; allow Him to be your strength. This is how the curse will be broken and the love will be restored.

--Luther.

Zeke unlocked the door and pulled it open. Sunlight spilled into the small aqua-blue room. He reached in and flipped the light switch. A small ebony desk supported a large white Bible. Luther’s repeated use of the matching ebony chair had scarred the hardwood floor.

At the fringe of his vision, toward the ceiling, dark marks bordered the walls. He lifted his gaze, and his breath caught sharply in his chest. The words read, “And Jabez called on the God of Israel, ‘Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory. Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.’ And God granted his request.”

The version was different, and more modern, but the script was Luther’s. How’d he write that, up there? It began at one point on the wall, wrapped all the way around the four walls, and ended right before the beginning.

“Luther wasn’t obsessed,” Zeke whispered. “He was dedicated. Dedicated to this scripture. Dedicated to breaking this curse. Dedicated to bringing love back to this family.”

His fingers trembled as he touched the Bible and turned the stiff, leather cover. The handwritten names were familiar to him. So was the script.

William Ezekiel Clayton, born December 13, 1843 Luther Ahren Lehman—Clayton, born March 5, 1892 – born to Paul Two-Rivers and Rosa Louise Lehman

“Rosa.” Zeke touched her name and sat down hard in the chair.

Adopted April 30, 1892, by William Ezekiel Clayton and Emma Frances Clayton The accident that killed Rosa happened between March 5th and April 30th. Paul’s family name was Two-Rivers.

He raised his head. Two-Rivers? Twyla had talked about the white people changing the Indians’ names. Was Twyla’s family forced to shorten their name to Rivers? Clifford would know.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.