Intertwined - Cover

Intertwined

Copyright© 2023 by Westside24

Chapter 14

There was an impromptu meeting at Aria’s club involving the four people who timeshare the boat, of which Aria is a member. With three of the four people who timeshare the boat being serious fisherpersons, Aria discussed with them the installation of downriggers on the boat. She had previously sent them email information on YouTube videos they could watch to see how the downriggers were used. All the members agreed to have the downriggers installed along with a temperature-sending unit.

The installation of the downriggers added a little variety to how the fishing was done. There now seems to be an equal split when they fish by either bottom fishing with bait or trolling lures using the downriggers. Frank preferred trolling as he enjoyed sipping on a cup of coffee, smelling the ocean air, and looking at the scenery. This in his mind, is a nice way to fish, spend a day, and enjoy life.

Karin, who was Aria’s longtime friend, had what could be called a confrontation with Jodie that ended any relationship Karin had with Jodie. It started with them running into each other in the club’s parking lot. Karin was leaving the club and Jodie was coming in dressed like she was going to work out.

“You were the only one I told about Frank Watkins, so you must have been the one to tell his wife,” said Jodie.

“Yes, it was me as Aria is a long-time friend, and I didn’t want to see her get hurt if what you said was true.”

“I would have appreciated it if you would have kept what I said to yourself.”

“Why, because what you told me was complete bullshit? I don’t appreciate hearing lies or having false stories told about my friends. How would you like it if I started telling true stories about you being married to Frank and crying before he would pay for those fake boobs you have? Or how about me telling people the true story of why your marriage to Frank ended?”

Karin was not one to mess around with and ended the conversation walking away saying, “When you work out you should do the exercise of holding your legs together with your knees touching so you can maintain your relationship with Ben. I can only assume he wouldn’t like you meeting men in the afternoon at hotels.”

It would be a little bit of an understatement to say that Jodie was shocked and at the same time pissed at what Karin had said. Frank must have told his wife who told Karin the whole story of the marriage and why the marriage ended. In no way would Jodie come out as the winner if this story was told and people found out.

At the same time, she was thinking about her life and how it was now with Ben. She knew she didn’t have any complaints about their living together. He treated her nice and she would be stupid to mess that up. She wasn’t sure if Ben knew the whole story about her marriage to Frank. He said he didn’t, but maybe he was just being nice, or maybe he didn’t want her to know that he did know.

Jodie thought she would become a model wife and show Ben she could be that. It would start with her calling these two schools she was registered to substitute at and telling them some personal issues had been resolved and to call her when they needed a sub. She would tell Ben that she was embarrassed to tell him that her breasts had been enhanced and hoped he would understand. She also thought of what more she could do to make this a solid relationship again, as it may presently be on shaky ground.

Frank was enjoying being what he called a part-time attorney with three law firms in the area. An attorney from a two-person law firm located in Arcadia phoned him and said he had heard about the arrangement Frank had with these other law firms and would like to be added to the list. Frank knew he had to draw the line somewhere if he only wanted to work part-time and said that he was not adding to his list of attorneys he would be working with.

This attorney, Tom Hawkins, explained that he and his wife needed some help or training on how to handle bodily injury cases. He asked if Frank could do this training. Tom offered to pay Frank for his time in doing this training which resulted in Frank agreeing to do a one-day seminar on this subject. Tom said he would invite other attorneys to attend, which would help him defray the cost of Frank’s fee for doing this.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.