The Singer and Her Arranger - Cover

The Singer and Her Arranger

Copyright© 2023 by PostScriptor

Chapter 6: The Look of Love...

The next morning, by the time that Charlie was making it down for breakfast, he could smell coffee, bacon and eggs, and toast! WTF!

There, in his kitchen, was Sid, already dressed, with an apron on, cooking up a storm.

“Good morning, Charlie! This is an important question. A life changing question. I need to know: How do you take your coffee?”

“Black.”

“Ooooo, manly. Here,” she said as she poured him a cuppa joe.

“Okay, sit,” she directed, as she brought over a breakfast plate and put it down in front of him. A quick trip back to the kitchen island and she returned with her own plate.

They sat there next to each other at the breakfast table eating and quaffing their morning coffee.

“How did you ... like, know what to fix?”

“I am an amazing mind reader. I saw what you had in the pantry, what you had in the ‘fridge, and then I found the most worn and used pages in your cookbook. They told me how you liked your bacon and eggs!”

He knew that she was laughing again. He wished he wasn’t quite so predictable to this woman.

Sid caught the looks he was stealing of her when he thought she wasn’t looking.

“Charlie, I want the truth. Only the truth. Did you think of me last night after you went to bed?”

“Yes, but...”

“No ifs ands or buts. Did you wish I was there in bed with you?”

“Well...”

“Be honest,” she chided him.

“Yes.”

“And you knew that I was just down the hall waiting for you to knock on my door.”

“I was kind of hoping, but it is complicated.”

“That’s okay. We’re moving in the right direction. Now, I gotta go. Cat wants her ‘Stang back.”

They arranged for a time the day after next for the entire band to come out to his studio, and then Sid departed, blowing him a kiss and waving as she threw up some gravel in the driveway.

He went back into the house with mixed feelings. A woman who got up early enough to make him breakfast — then leaving him to clean up the dishes! A mixed bag, he thought. But he was feeling happier to be with her than he had with any woman for a long, long time.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.