The Chuckle Lion - Cover

The Chuckle Lion

by Banadin

Copyright© 2023 by Banadin

Young Adult Story: A short fairy tale told to a four-year-old on how to defeat the most dangerous beast on earth, The Chuckle Lion.

Tags: Fairy Tale  

As my father explained to me when I was four years old the most dangerous beast in the world is the Chuckle Lion. They look like a normal lion but are a lot bigger. Almost the size of a small elephant.

I’m not sure how big, small elephants are but they must be big compared to a regular lion.

The Chuckle Lion is dangerous because it has a poison stinger in its tail. One stab and you are done for.

Its claws are long and sharp. When I asked how long he showed me a ruler. He told me the claws were so tough they could tear up the street outside of our house.

I know that street is hard because I skinned my knee on it that day.

The Chuckle Lion’s fangs were so sharp they could bite railroad track in two. The fangs are longer than a saber tooth tigers. Whatever that is.

Dad told me that he had only seen a Chuckle Lion once. It was a long time ago when they called him Sir Jack and he rode a horse through the forest hunting for dragons.

The forest was dark and lonely. The sunlight never made it to the ground. Some of the trees were dead and their bare limbs looked like arms that were about to grab you.

Whenever daddy told me about this part, I had to climb on his lap to be safe. It was scary!

I thought dragons sounded frightening, but he assured me Chuckle Lions were worse.

Anyway, he was riding his horse through the forest one day and he heard this chuckling sound in front of him. When he looked up there was a Chuckle Lion sitting in a tree about to pounce on him.

His horse promptly threw him to the ground and took off. That horse was smart.

He had been told by his great grandfather that when a Chuckle Lion was about to pounce the only thing you could do was grin at it.

It had to be a very small grin. As small as you could make it and still look like a grin. Dad did that.

The Chuckle Lion grinned back at Dad.

Dad grinned a little larger at the Lion. The Lion returned his grin even larger. This went on all afternoon with Dad increasing his smile a little at a time.

It finally got to the point that Dad had to hold his grin open with his hands. The Chuckle Lion really chuckled at that and opened even wider.

The Lion’s grin was now behind his ears!

This went on and on. Dad told me his face was hurting from holding such a big grin, but he kept at it.

Finally, a disaster happened to Dad. He had been grinning all afternoon and he finally had to pee. He was in a real pickle. If he took his hands off his mouth to open his pants his grin would go away, and the Lion would pounce.

The only thing he could do was wet his pants!

He didn’t want to, but he did.

The Chuckle Lion thought this was so funny that he gave one last huge grin. The grin met in the back of the Lions head and his head fell off!

That is the only way to defeat a Chuckle Lion, grin a lot and pee your pants. If I wet the bed tonight, I’ll tell Mummy and Daddy I dreamed of a Chuckle Lion.

 
There is more of this story...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.