The Dream - Cover

The Dream

by Telephoneman

Copyright© 2022 by Telephoneman

Flash Story: A very short story that wouldn't leave my brain until it was written down.

Tags: Tear Jerker  

I receive the forceful pass from Becks, control the ball with ease before beating two defenders and hammering a curving shot into the top right corner of the net. At fourteen, I was already the youngest player to ever play in a FA Cup final at Wembley. Now, I added youngest scorer to that achievement. The crowd are going wild shouting my name and applauding loudly.

The applause is coming from both sides as I continue to walk up the eighteenth fairway of the Old Course at St. Andrews. I look towards the green and see that I have a putt of less than two feet to win my first Open Championship. The fourteen year old has made yet another piece of sporting history. The putt made, I watch as my name is engraved alongside the true greats of the game.

I walk slowly about, with fellow players and fans all wanting to praise me or just pat me on my back. I enter my school doors to cheers and Lesley Hornby, easily the most beautiful girl at our school, rushes up and kisses me. I pull her naked body onto my bed as we kiss, my hand finding her delightful young breast. We both have that urgency, that urge of millennia. Smiling as I roll on top of her, knowing that my virginity will soon be a thing of the past.

A gentle kiss on my forehead, followed by words of love from my elder sister break the spell as I sit down between my parents to watch a replay of my FA Cup goal. I wonder why they are both crying, is it happiness?

My eyes slowly open as my ephemeral dreams dissipate, soon lost forever. Without needing to move, I can see my parents, their eyes, and those of my sister, swollen from perpetual tears. I try to reassure them but I’m far too tired to even turn my head. I accept that I had just dreamt for the last time. Strangely, I felt happy about it, my year long battle with pain was at an end.

I closed my eyes.

The cancer had won.

 
There is more of this story...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.