The Privy Report - Cover

The Privy Report

Copyright© 2022 by Old Grey Duck

Chapter 53

Many thanks to bigguy13 for sharing the following with us. Please remember that I welcome all feedback, and if possible, I will share/post with the readers here. - OGD


Concerning Chapter 51

I grew up in Kansas City until 1978. I actually marched and played in the halftime of an early Chiefs game.

For Privy Chapter 51 in Chiefs Q/A 13 and 14 it appears you left out the first four Superbowl’s which were played between the NFL and AFL leagues. By Super Bowl 5 the two leagues had been merged into the modern NFL with corresponding NFC and AFC conferences.

The KC Chiefs lead by Q/A#3 quarterback Len Dawson and under Q/A#5 Hank Stram played in Superbowl 1 (1/15/1967) against NFL Green Bay Packers and lost. Hank and Len later lead the team to Superbowl 4 where they beat the Minnesota Vikings.

So the correct answers are 2/09/2024 2/11/2024 Q13 (not3) 5 6 Q14 (not2) 3 4

Other facts not in Privy Report:

Lamar Hunt was the owner of the KC Chiefs until his death in 2006 (and still in his family)

Lamar Hunt was the major founder of the AFL, the coiner of the name “Super Bowl”, and a force in the NFL merger. The AFC championship trophy is named for him.

Trivia:

Legend (probably untrue) said Lamar’s father H L Hunt Jr got his first oil well with poker winnings. More likely was from (risky) purchases of oil drilling leases for other drillers.

Lamar Hunt was the younger brother of Nelson Bunker Hunt and William Herbert Hunt, a prominent Texas Oil family. They were the “Hunt Brothers” who tried to corner the US Silver Market in 1980.

To balance that in Lamar’s legacy, the Hunt Foundation is a major charity and supporter of the arts in Kansas City.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.