The Privy Report - Cover

The Privy Report

Copyright© 2022 by Old Grey Duck

Chapter 30

It took me a while to post this.

In 1966, the Procrastinators Club of America held a protest against the War of 1812. Besides the usual signs saying “Stop the war!!, there were a few that stated; “Dolly Bird! Tell Pres. Madison to stop the war. We want peace!” Members later stated that the protest had been a success, as a treaty had been signed.

The Procrastinators Club of America was founded in Philidelphia, in 1956 by Les Waas, who served as president of the club until around 2011, because the group was still organizing the 1957 elections.

The clubs motto is “Behind you all the way,” and they have around 4000 to 5000 members, with millions more who will get around to joining one day. The membership numbers are not that accurate, though, since Joseph Weiss, the secretary - treasurer of the club doesn’t keep good records, but plans to organize them soon. The club did have a treasury of $23, but Weiss took it to the (horse) race track to bet with and lost it all.

The club charges an annual membership fee of $5 but Weiss isn’t sure about when he will be getting around to mailing the notices.

The club takes procrastination seriously. One member who mailed his Christmas cards out on time, was kicked out of the club.

If this sounds like a group you can enjoy, you can get around to signing up one day.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.