Lightning in a Bottle - Book 2 - Cover

Lightning in a Bottle - Book 2

Copyright© 2022 by Phil Brown

Chapter 57: Aftermath

Action/Adventure Sex Story: Chapter 57: Aftermath - Alex’s adventures continue as he moves to Europe to begin his training as the heir-apparent to the Rappeneau Foundation while starting his studies to get his yacht-masters ticket. All this while trying to stay ahead of whoever it is that’s out to capture or kill him!

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   mt/Fa   Teenagers   Fiction   Magic   Incest   Brother   Sister   Spanking   Anal Sex   First   Oral Sex   Nudism  

I was in the owner’s stateroom onboard the Windsong when I awoke. The sun was shining through the curtains and I could see that we were tied alongside a concrete pier. It turned out to be one of the naval piers in the French Navy’s part of the bay.

“Here. Drink this,” Samantha said as she handed me a bottle of water. “You’ve been asleep for about four hours. We’re tied up at the Navy’s pier and are surrounded by a whole bunch of Marines. They said to bring you to the bridge as soon as you woke up. Do you feel like you can make it?”

I sat up and immediately regretted it.

“Give me a minute,” I told her.

There was a pall hanging over the bridge when I finally made my way up the stairs. Carina ran to me, hugging me tightly as she cried. Looking around, I realized that none of the Lavignes were there. All of the Fourreaus were also missing.

Sarah, Mom, Kelly Ann, and Jenna were huddled together on the port sofas. There were sniffles and many red eyes. Admiral Craig and his aide, Captain Joc, along with Lieutenant Danièle were all standing by Roland, and Dad next to the bridge console looking very tired and somewhat apprehensive.

“What’s the latest?” I asked.

“Alex, honey, please try to control yourself,” Carina begged through her tears.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, immediately becoming scared.

“It’s Cécile, Sweetie. She didn’t make it,” Carina said as she cried even harder.

Noooo!” I cried as I felt myself going numb. “I thought I healed her?”

“She was hurt worse than we thought. The doctors said she suffered a ruptured aneurysm in her brain on the way to the base hospital,” Carina finally explained. “There is nothing you could have done without knowing in advance.”

“And Captain Alfred?” I asked. “What about Captain Alfred?”

“We haven’t heard anything yet, but the EMTs didn’t think there was anything life threatening. He’s got some damage in his upper body and could probably benefit from some of your special talents when you feel up to it,” Sarah supplied.

“Then what are we waiting for?” I cried as I jumped up. “Let’s go!”

“Alex, you may want to wait until your face finishes healing,” Samantha said.

I walked over to the only mirror on the bridge deck and looked. Sure enough, the left side of my face looked like it had been clawed by a wildcat with angry red welts running from my scalp to my chin.

“You should have seen it when we got here,” my dad said. “It looked like hamburger.”

Suddenly, the satellite phone in Carina’s lap rang. The conversation was brief and one-sided. When she hung up, we were all staring at her.

“That was Archara. She said Alfred is in surgery. She and Anna and Charlotte are at the hospital. You should be able to see him tomorrow,” Carina supplied.

As we all talked softly, Admiral Craig’s phone rang. He stepped out on the bridge deck to answer it. It was ten minutes or so before he stepped back inside.

“Maria just called. She and Mischa are with Tony and Monique and the girls. They are headed back here,” Admiral Craig supplied.

“Have any arrangements been made?” I asked.

“We won’t know until they get here,” Admiral Craig said.

“Has anybody been able to piece together what happened?” I asked.

“I’ve had the Marines posted to keep everyone away from the pier and sent for a forensics team from Brest. They’ll be here sometime in the morning,” Admiral Craig said. “In the meantime, I’ve had investigators taking statements. From what we’ve been able to gleam from eyewitnesses so far, it looks like somebody set off a large explosive device under the Serendipity, probably next to the starboard fuel tank. They have been waiting to talk to you because you were one of the ones closest to the explosion.”

I felt like I was sinking into a deep dark hole as I collapsed on the couch. Carina immediately began checking me over as Samantha brought me a glass of fruit juice.

Roland sat down beside me and took my hand in his.

“Breath, Alex. Process. Remember?” he said soothingly. “Priorities! This is the time to heal yourself. Just like before, when you were struck by the lightning. When we get more information, then we can plan. Breath and allow yourself to heal.”

Roland’s words were having the desired effect. Sitting on the couch and looking straight ahead without seeing, I took deep breaths and focused my energies on healing.

As I healed, I began to think. That this disaster had been aimed at me I had no doubts. I had put my family and friends in danger and it had cost Cécile her life. I made up my mind that I needed to get away from everyone before someone else was killed. I also made up my mind that I would find the bastards that did this and end their puny lives.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.