Fugitivas - Cover

Fugitivas

Copyright© 2022 by Krista*

Chapter 19

“I have to tell you, I thought my sisters were going to come unhinged last night,” Lupe chuckled.

“From seeing my brother dance with that other girl? Or when Cindy McCabe came out to sing?” It had taken Brandi a moment to figure out who Jenny had handed the microphone to, when the last dance of the reception started.

“Hard to say. But when Alex danced with her, she sure had a happy look on her face.”

“I think Karmen will have to accept the inevitable,” Brandi smiled as she remembered her own first crush at that age. “I'm certain there is a young man back in Tempe who is better suited.”

“Si. And Felicia did get pictures and autographs!”

The girls had spent the night in a nearby B&B, before swinging by the house to get some clothes before they went on their Honeymoon. Jason and Danielle would stay there, taking care of the house and Crunchy, while the girls spent a week in Monterey. The weather was warm enough now to enjoy relaxing on the beach, even if the waters of the Pacific were still chilly. At night there were small local places to eat and clubs to dance in. They decided not to travel far, because there was a lifetime ahead of them to explore new vacation destinations.

The rental car was just getting to Gilroy, and they pulled off US-152 for gas and a break. They would continue down US-101 once refreshed.


“So,” Jenny couldn't help but grin. “Tell us more about your sailor!”

Jenny, Estrella and the rest of the girls from GNO were seated at a large table at Smiths, enjoying a Sunday brunch together. Naturally, they were reviewing how things were done at the reception the previous evening. How could they improve delivery of material to the crowd (even the most casual comment was often scripted, such as the “Okay guys! We rounded them up for you!”) Jenny said that the $200 that Jason had tipped her for his request was paying for the meal.

“He's not 'my sailor'. His name is Alex and he is Brandi's younger brother. We only danced a few times.” Estrella got a soft look on her face. “He's sweet, but I'm sure he's stationed far away and is out at sea on an aircraft carrier for most of the year.”

“Actually, I'm land-locked in San Diego for the next four years, minimum.”

Heads snapped up and around to see Alex standing slightly back from the table, behind Estrella. No uniform, just tan slacks and a dark blue polo shirt.

“I'm sorry if I interrupted anything, ladies. I'm here with my parents getting something to eat. I saw all of you and wanted to come over and again offer my thanks for the wonderful job you did yesterday. And,” he blushed slightly, “to see if it was possible to get a phone number from someone.”

“You can have mine, if you want it!”

Alex looked over at the girl who spoke up. She had a café au lait complexion and a very exotic look about her. Without a doubt she was very attractive.

“Back off, Kesi! I have first dibs!” Estrella laughed.

Tilting her head, the young woman now identified as Kesi crossed her eyes and stuck out her tongue. Everyone had a good laugh at her antics.

Estrella stood. “At the risk of being bold, do you think your parents would mind if we got a smaller table so we can talk?”

Alex smiled and led her to a nearby table, then eased out her chair for her to sit. He intercepted the waitress to ask that their orders be diverted, then had a quick word with his parents. Upon returning, he lifted his glass of water and smiled. “A toast, to the loveliest roadie in California.”

“Oh you,” she blushed. There was something about Alex that she found almost captivating. He had a goofy charm that had her smiling. He was cute (if short) and there was something in his manner that said he was a man who had his act together. “I don't know what to say.” In fact, she was feeling slightly flustered. “Maybe you can start. Tell me about yourself, and no saying 'ask me anything'!”

“Winters, Alexander Joshua. United States Navy, Lieutenant JG, Stationed at San Diego Base as one of the supervisors at the physical plants. Not assigned to any vessel as I need to stay at the base and keep things running. You know I grew up in Weed, I'm Brandi's kid brother, and graduated from Humboldt.” He paused and grinned. “I like kittens, long walks on the beach and I'm housebroken.”

Estrella snorted into her coffee. “Housebroken. That's a good start. What is the 'JG' for?”

“It means I was an Ensign long enough to learn how to properly tie my shoes, show up on time, and not damage anything. 'JG' stands for 'Junior Grade'. Sort of like training wheels.” The reality was a great deal more, but he didn't want to go into details. “Your turn.”

“Well, I'm currently attending Sacramento State. I split my time between Sacramento and Lodi. Sort of living in both places. Business Major. If I'm not at school, you can find me here helping the band and acting as the on-call personal assistant for my mentor, Essie Sinclair.”

“Part time?”

“Long story. Between teaching in Red Bluff, working at Space-X in Texas and singing in a band, she's not sure if she's coming or going, or even what day of the week it is. I'm part of her team that makes sure her brain doesn't explode,” she giggled.

“That sounds complicated.”

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.