A 1970's Father's Values - Cover

A 1970's Father's Values

by WG2017

Copyright© 2022 by WG2017

True Story: Loosely based on the father I grew up with and many of his generation. Perhaps a bit of historical flashback for the newer generation to think about! If they grew up with a different sort of Dad.

Tags: True Story   Historical   Humor   Time Travel   Politics  

A Father

“Steak smothered in Onions,” is what my father sometimes said he wanted for dinner. But usually on those occasions we had ‘steak,’ there wasn’t an onion in sight! Often it was hamburger, pork chops, lamb wasn’t usually in the mix. My father considered himself a meat and potatoes man. Vegetables were just necessary side dishes. He tell his daughters they best help with the chores just like their brothers. No daughter of his would ever be allowed to smoke. And if his kids or kin got in trouble, they needed to let hie wife spank their bare butt! For if his heavy hand did the job, they wouldn’t want to be sitting down for at least a week! He was a no nonsense. He believed discipline should smart and be disliked but never do injury. He considered himself a man among men. He could be quite kindhearted and expected his friends to be actual friends and not phonies!

He his kid claimed to be a vegetarian. They’d get nothing but meat to eat, till they got over it! As eating only vegetables was considered a unhealthy evil sin at the time!

By William Guenot

 
There is more of this story...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.