To Cheat the Devil - Cover

To Cheat the Devil

Copyright© 2022 by Jody Daniel

Chapter 11

At first, I missed the reference to Cardinal. But when she said she’s like the whisky, the penny dropped. Ash looked at Rivka, at first without an expression on his face. Then he softly smiled a lopsided smile.

“It all depends on what game we play,” Ash said.

“I play for keeps, Mister Ashwin Windsor. I play for keeps,” Rivka said.

“We play for keeps as well, Miss Rivka. For permanent keeps,” I interjected. Rivka looked at me, her eyes scanning me.

“When I want your opinion, I’ll rattle the bars on your crib.” “Do you know if you are even on the playing field!” She taunted, and placed her glass back on the bar counter.

“Little girl, if you want my cooperation in whatever endeavour you seek, stop playing games and come to the point. I don’t have all night, and my guests are waiting,” I bristled. I didn’t like this girl.

As if hit with a left uppercut, she recoiled back, ice blue eyes firing missiles at me. “Maybe you should go sit down and let the adults have this conversation,” she retorted.

“Ron, let’s hear her out before we make any harsh decisions,” Ash soothed.

“Your chihuahua seems to have a temperament,” Rivka replied. That was the final straw.

“Well Pekingese bitch, go sniff up another dog’s asshole! When you have learned some manners maybe I’ll listen to you!” I retorted. I took our drinks from the bar counter and walked off back to the table. I was not just a little miffed but hotly and solid the blazes in. Shaking a bit but not to bad. Who the hell does this woman think she is?

Ash tried to stop me, but I was already five paces away. I’ll never know why I suddenly had such a hair trigger temper, but maybe it’s the stress of the last few days. I thought we were done, and suddenly here’s a stranger who seems to be trying to draw us back into combat.

Back at the table I sat down and handed the girls their drinks. Both Roxy and Darya sensed that something was wrong.

“Ron?” Darya said, placing a hand on my arm. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing. Let’s just enjoy the evening ... What do you girls like for starters?”

“What did that carrot top say to you?” Roxy asked.

“Nothing.” I replied.

“Ron!?” Darya exclaimed, and I heard the determination in her voice. I better not mess with this girl; I might wake up with an icepick in my left ear.

“She called me a ... dog...” I whispered.

“Siestog-shame ... Fooitog-fok,” Roxy said. “The Ginger Snap is missing the point. A poor bitch that needs to be put in her place.”

What I did miss was the exchange of looks between Darya and Roxy. As well as the exchange of looks between Darya and the rest of the Angels around the table.

“I need to go powder my nose,” Darya sighed.

“I’ll join you...” Roxy said. “Be back just now, Ron. Don’t miss us too much!” As the two girls got up, I took a sip of my whisky and picked up the menu. I did notice the other Angels get up as well. They then crowded around Roxy and Darya. A short discussion of some sorts followed, and then the lot made for the bar.


Ash stood open-mouthed and looked at Ronny’s departing back. Then he turned to Rivka.

“Now why did you go and do that for?”

“What?”

“Calling Ronny a chihuahua! It was distasteful and uncalled-for.”

“Oh, I don’t deal with the lower ranks. I deal only with the chiefs.”

“Mistake, Girl. Big mistake. Ronny is a chief as well...”

Rivka just looked at him. “I was briefed that you are the boss.”

“We are three units. Ronny is the boss of one. And one that you will need if this next mission is to succeed.”

“Oops! Sorry, Sweetie, I’ll go soothe over his ego later...” Rivka got no further. Suddenly she was looking into Darya’s face.

“And I will wrinkle up your ego...” Darya hissed.

Please wait while image loads

“And I will wrinkle it up further, then place it under my foot and squash it...” Roxy chipped in. Open-mouthed Rivka looked at the two girls and then became aware that she was surrounded by girls. Bewildered she looked from face to face and then stopped as she recognised a specific face.

“Hello, Cardinal. How have you been keeping? I see as bitchy as always...” Mai-Loan spoke softly.

“Amirha, Amirha Rahal? What are you doing in Somalia?”

“The same as you, I believe, but our mission is over, so we will be leaving soon.” Mai-Loan said. Angie, Lorie and Roxy did not know Mai-Loan’s undercover identity as Amirha Rahal, the Iraqi girl, so they just watched the interplay between the two: Rivka and Mai-Loan.

“I was briefed that you guys will help me in...”

“ ... In nothing! If Ash wants to help you, he’s on his own! We are leaving,” Mai-Loan hissed.

“Sorry guys, I was just making a joke,” Rivka soothed, trying to salvage what she could.

“Your mouth has always been way before your brain, Rivka. Next time get your brain in gear before you engage your mouth. This time you outdid yourself.” Mai-Loan moved closer to Rivka, their noses almost touching. “Never, ever, again, insult, a member, of MY team. Mevina!” She placed emphasis on every word. (Mevina = Hebrew for; Understand!)

“I ... I was briefed that Ash is the leader...”

“Coordinator! I am running my own outfit, TC runs his own outfit. And Ronny runs his own outfit,” Mai-Loan fibbed. “Goodbye, Rivka. Have a nice evening...”

“Ditto!” Darya hissed.

Mai-Loan turned and walked off followed by Leah, Olivia, Nadia, Lorie, and Angie. Darya and Roxy stayed behind.

Ash shrugged his shoulders. “The tribe has spoken! I believe the meeting is over.”

“Dammit!” Rivka said and picked up her drink glass from the counter and drained the whisky, then ordered another.

“I’ll see you around, Miss Rivka. Please enjoy your visit here. I can recommend the fillet steak with mushroom sauce. It is divine...,” and he took his and Angie’s drinks and went back to the table.

Rivka stood defeated. For the first time she was outwitted by ... amateurs! Dammit! Darya and Roxy both smiled.

“Nice dress, Lulu. You might catch some flies with it, but not a man!” Roxy said.

“I must say the dress, the hairstyle, shoes, plus your attitude, does fit the profile,” Darya smirked.

“What profile, Darling?” Rivka dared to ask.

“The profile of a bar-room-flutter-fly...” Roxy cut in.

Rivka lost it and raised her right arm, aiming to slap Roxy across the face, but she did not complete the action. Her arm got stuck somewhere in space, and something exploded inside her head. Her eyes blinked out, and she felt herself falling over backwards, hitting the side of the bar counter with her back, and sliding down to the floor. She lay still for a moment before the realization set in that Darya had caught her arm and struck her with a fist. Slowly she blinked her eyes, trying to open them. That’s when Roxy poured the remainder of Rivka’s newly ordered whisky over her face.

“And now, Bitch, fuck off and go find another dog to dance to your tune!” Darya said, turned and went back to the table, followed by Roxy.

“Lulu?” Darya asked Roxy and smirked.

“Little Lulu, the comic strip...” Roxy replied.

“Oh! I thought Little Dot...” Darya said and both girls burst out laughing.


Back at the table I was a little cooled down and dismissed the bitchy carrot top from my mind. Seeing the Angel contingent march to the bar following Darya and Roxy, I had no idea what was about to happen.

Mai-Loan seemed to be speaking to carrot-top, and then she and the rest of the Angels came back to the table. Then Ash turned away from the counter with his and Angie’s drinks. The next moment carrot-top looked like she was about to strike Roxy, but Darya moved with the speed of a mamba, and struck carrot-top on the jaw with her right fist. Carrot-top went down, and Roxy added to the confusion by taking Rivka’s drink and pouring it over her head, face and dress.

Unable or unwilling to intervene, I took the menu and made as if I was looking for some dish, not showing that I saw the catfight. But smiling to myself.

The whisky I got was not bad. Smooth, but I missed the smoky, woody after-taste of the Glenfiddich. Darya and Roxy came back and sat down, smiling like two Cheshire cats.

“Now, what is a good starter? Not big, just something to nibble on...” Roxy mused and took the menu from me.

“The crispy creamy Boursin mushrooms look good,” I replied.

“Is there garlic in it?” Darya asked.

“Yeah but they pair it with flat-leaf parsley. That evens out the garlic breath afterwards.”

“Well, if you have one, I’ll go for one too,” Darya said, fluttering her eyelashes at me.

“Yeah, me too. The mushrooms starter sounds good. Garlic or no garlic, it sounds yummy,” Roxy purred.

We sorted out the rest of the menu. Fillet steak with pepper sauce was the main course winner. The rib-eye will have to wait for another day.

“What happened to Big Red?” I asked. “I see she left.” Not letting on I saw the altercation.

“Oh, I think she spilled some whisky on her dress. I think she went to change...” Roxy grinned.

“Serves the bitch right. Ladies don’t drink whisky. She should have stuck with slut-juice,” Darya smirked and forked a piece of Boursin mushroom into her mouth.

“Slut-juice?” I asked.

“The kind of cocktails bar-room-flutter-flies drink,” Roxy giggled.

I looked at Roxy, swivelled to Darya, shook my head, and ate my starter.

Later the evening, a giggling Angie, not knowing I saw the catfight unfold, enlightened me to how and why Rivka had left. See, I told you: Be kind to Darya, she’s dangerous. I love dangerous girls ... AND, don’t pair Darya and Roxy up. You think red heads are prone to mayhem and disaster — try jet-black haired girls! They are like charcoal, once the fire is lit, they burn red-hot!


After the dinner party was over, we all retired to our own little hideouts. I was switching off the lights inside my bungalow when the interconnecting door opened a crack.

“Are you decent?” Giggle. A voice came from the other side of the door. I was dressed only in my PT-shorts, my night-time attire, as always.

“Well, sort of...” I replied, and the door opened wider, revealing two t-shirt clad girls with pillows in their hands. The t-shirts managed to cover sensitive parts, but the long slender legs got my attention.

“We are getting cold and thought that you could help us warm up...” Darya offered, her head slightly tilted to one side and a thumb in her mouth, clutching the pillow to her chest. Roxy struck a similar pose. I looked at the picture before me. Two beautiful girls wearing only t-shirts.

“Well. Let’s make a plan...” I stuttered, and two smiles lit up the room. Now my paddy had only one tiny bedroom with only a single bed.

Soon that single mattress hit the lounge area, and a second single mattress from next-door joined it. There, as good as a queen or king-sized bed. Blankets spread, and the three of us crawled in, Darya to my right and Roxy to my left. I became the sandwich filling in the middle.

Please wait while image loads

Ice-cold feet found mine. “Ooo! I found a warm place for my feet,” Roxy tweeted, placing her arm across my midriff and snuggling in good, her head on my shoulder.

“Me too!” Darya retweeted, as she placed an arm across my chest, a leg over mine and her head on my other shoulder.

I don’t think I will be getting much sleep tonight.

“Kiss a girl good night...” Darya whispered in my ear, and I complied. Kissing her on the lips and touching tongues.

“Hmm ... Good night, Ron,” Darya said. I placed my arm under her shoulders and drew her tight against me.

“Nighty night, Ron,” Roxy said. I turned my head and Roxy and my lips connected.

“Nighty night, Sweeties. Sleep good.” It felt a little awkward with the two so close to me. T-shirts ain’t known to stay in place, and all along my left side and right side I felt the firm flesh of nubile young girls caressing me.

SLEEP, Ronny!” I said to myself and closed my eyes.

Five minutes later:

Giggle. “Something hard is pressing into my leg.”

Giggle. “Where? Can I feel?” And a hand floated over my tummy.

“GIRLS! Four hard some-things are pressing into both my sides!”

“Are your nipples hard, Roxy?” Darya giggled.

“No ... Yes ... Noooo!”

Sigh, this will be a long night. Let’s see what happens if my hands stray, first the right, and then the left...

“RON!”

“Yes?”

(Soft sigh... ) And Darya turned onto her back, her left leg still over mine. My hand slid over her leg to touch her inner thigh...

“I think you have a left hand as well, Ron...” Roxy said. That taken as consent, I let my left hand stray, and found another smooth inner thigh...

Two girls, heavy breathing ... Damn, I must get some vitamins. Pronto!


The morning dawned grey through the crack in the curtains. I slept the night on my back with two girls plastered to me. But now I should move. Bladder pressure can be somewhat of a discomfort.

Slowly I tried to disentangle myself from the spaghetti legs pinning me down. This caused the girls to stir. With grunts and “OOo’s” and “aah’s” they stretched themselves out in unison. This caused the t-shirts to ride up and reveal powder blue panties on the right side and pink ones on the left.

Please wait while image loads

I closed my eyes and made as if I saw nothing. They both blushed, giggled, righted the t-shirts and attacked me for good morning kisses.

Then they gathered their pillows and made a beeline for their bungalow.

“Breakfast in forty minutes!” I called to their departing backs, gathered the blankets, folded them and dropped them in my bedroom.

With just one mattress back to my room, and I was about to get the next one, when there was a knock on my door. I opened the door and Ash stood there.

“Good morning, Ron. We got to talk,” Ash greeted.

“Well come in while I brew some coffee. I did not have wake-up-juice yet.”

Ash came in and eyed the mattress on the ground.

“And now, with the mattress here in the lounge?” He asked.

“It’s too hot to sleep in that tiny room. So I took the mattress out and crashed here,” I fibbed.

“But the tag says bungalow 16B?” Ash chuckled. “Ain’t that the next-door place?”

“I wouldn’t know. I did not check the tags...” I fibbed again.

“Hmm ... Who slept over?” Ash asked with a smile on his face and a twinkle in his eye.

“Yeah, okay, both...”

“Both Darya and Roxy? You still can’t make up your mind, can you?”

“Nope. I love them both...”

“And they are happy with that arrangement?”

“Yeah, it seems so...”

“Lucky bastard you!”

“You wanted to speak to me about something?” I asked as I took some mugs out the cupboard.

“Four mugs? Are we having two each?” Ash asked with a grin.

“The girls will be here just now for breakfast,” I said over my shoulder.

“Good. Then I’ll be quick.”

“Spit it out.”

“Cardinal, we need to speak about Cardinal.”

“What about her?”

“Ron, please reconsider the girl. We need to hear her out before we go and retrieve the packages. Cardinal is clearly important to the people that are funding the operation and expecting the merchandise. We cannot completely bypass her.”

“Retrieval of the packages is TC and your problem. I’m going home.”

“Ron, Ron, Ron, the mission is in two parts. One; retrieve the merchandise, two; deliver the merchandise. TC and the gang will do the retrieval. YOU will do the delivery.”

“And how far away from me will the bitchy Pekingese be?” I asked looking at Ash.

“I don’t think that after Darya clobbered her, she will be around a lot.”

“But we need to meet with her? What does she bring to the table, other than being a bitch?”

“I believe this morning she regrets shooting off her mouth. She did not know the way we operate. She did not know the Angels, and I think her bosses did grind her ass last night for putting the mission in jeopardy,” Ash explained.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.