Keeping Things Even - Cover

Keeping Things Even

Copyright© 2022 by Ka Hmnd

Chapter 19: Imperial son

There were murmurs from the crowd and cheers. I glanced into the crowd as I saw others moving and shifting people aside. One look screamed soldiers but they wore regular clothes. I looked around and frowned as I saw nobles that should not have been here. I shifted and moved Kendra behind me as I reached out for the Emperor’s voice, “Move behind me.”

He turned but moved back as I told him. The king turned and straightened as the soldiers began drawing weapons, “What is the meaning of this!”

I reached for his shoulder and pulled him back as he drew a sword, “They are here for me.”

A noble laughed, “conceited Peacemaker. We are here for all of you.”

I smiled and my hand flicked towards him and he choked as suddenly there was a spike buried in his throat. I moved forward as the crowd backed away to leave the nobles and soldiers. I threw another spike that took another noble in his groin and pulled both swords as the soldiers rushed. I blocked a lunging sword as my other sword stabbed the man’s wrist.

I twisted as he screamed and ripped the arm apart. I blocked another lunging sword and used the bloody sword to take a man’s hand. I moved to the side to block a soldier trying to get around me and fainted before slicing his belly open with the other sword. I shifted back as two men rushed and blocked both. The king’s long sword stabbed over my left shoulder and past my arm to tear out a nobles throat.

I parried the other man’s sword and then stabbed him in the throat. I turned and stepped back as a noble lunged with a long sword. Before I could take him the king’s sword swept down to take the arm off. I slid into the group of soldiers following him and stabbed one in the groin while slicing another’s throat. I blocked a sword and stabbed under the man’s arm with my other sword.

I shifted back and to the side to stop a noble and a soldier as they tried to move around me. The king’s long sword stabbed past me again and into the nobles arm as he swung his sword. I cut his throat as I blocked the soldier’s descending blade. A slim throwing spike appeared in his throat and he fell back. I moved forward towards the other soldiers and nobles as they hesitated.

I swept a noble’s sword aside and slashed a soldier’s arm open. That made them jerk back and I followed to block the noble’s blade as I moved to the other side and into the soldiers. The king shifted sideways to lunge and stab past me and into the nobles throat. Before I could say anything he moved back and I was blocking two soldiers swords.

I ripped one man’s arm open before blocking another sword. He staggered back with another slim spike in his throat. Two more men took their place but I had moved forward and they were not ready. I sliced open ones inner thigh and stabbed the other in the groin before moving sideways. The king stepped up to block a pike with his long sword before taking the soldiers hand.

I blocked a soldier’s lunging blade and cut his throat with my other sword before pushing the king back. One sword swept up and knocked a bolt away as my other blocked a soldier’s lunging spear, “The crossbowman Kendra!”

A second later the flicker of another slim throwing spike flashing out was followed by a scream. The king slipped up beside me and blocked a sword while I sliced the noble’s stomach open. I stabbed another noble that tried to crowd past the screaming man and cut a soldier’s throat with a back hand slice.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.