Dragon Son II, the Follow Up - Cover

Dragon Son II, the Follow Up

Copyright© 2022 by Uncle Jim

Chapter 2

The following characters return from the previous story:

Stewart

Dragon Security employee, 5-11’’ tall, 200 pounds, 37 years old, brown hair, violet eyes, very strong Talent, almost a Dragon

Tsepak

Black-marketeer, 5’-6’’ tall, 145 pounds, 35 years old, mid length black hair, brown eyes

Muadhnait Graham

Doctor, OB/GYN, an older woman of indeterminate age, but surely more than 70 years old, she is about 5’-6’’ tall and thin with short gray hair, her eyes are as black as coal


Craig has the Narrative

The morning of the second day after meeting with the President, we left Washington. After checking out of our hotel, we retraced our previous route to Reagan Airport. The vans were a little crowded, as the Security Team had their luggage with them. Those of us in the Family had sent ours to the Timeless Zone. The plane that Mother had chartered was waiting for us when we arrived at the airport.

The Security Team escorted us inside the General Aviation building and out to the plane, as we were better known now that we had been in the news. The eight of us loaded on the plane and flew back to Atlanta. The rest of the Security Team would drive the rental vans back to Atlanta. Since there were seven of them, it wouldn’t be a problem for them to drive straight through with no stops, without anyone driving overly long or getting too tired. Stewart was the one in charge.

We all loaded on the plane in our Human form and remained that way all of the way to Atlanta. The plane was very comfortable and more than large enough for the eight of us in our Human form. Our wives enjoyed the large, comfortable seats that the plane had.

After landing at a local airport, PDK (De Kalb Peachtree Airport), rather than at Hartsfield International several hours later, we all disembarked and moved away from the plane.

“I’m glad that’s over,” Dallas said in relief, as we continued to move away from the plane. We were halfway to the airport’s buildings when Mother spoke.

“Now,” was all she said, and all four wives instantly changed into their Dragon forms at the twelve-foot-tall level.

“This feels so much better,” Doreen said before we all transferred to the parking lot of the Dragon Security building further out from the city. On entering the building, all of those at work there were glad to see us. We were just glad to be back.

“No more trips to D.C.,” Mom said after we had reached the executive office suite. “If the President wants to talk to us, he can come to Atlanta to do it,” she finished.

While our Wives relaxed still in their Dragon form, Dad, my Brothers-in-Law, and I went to check on how things were operating and to see if there had been any problems while we had been gone. It appeared that things had been quiet during our absence.

On learning that things were okay, Dallas and Doreen were anxious to return home to check on their Daughters and quickly transferred home to release the ladies who had been watching their children while we were away. Mother and Jorani were also anxious to return home and have something to eat.

“Go with them, Craig,” Dad told me, as it appeared that he was worried about them having problems. He, plus Steve and Keith were staying there to continue checking on things and to arrange time off for those who had worked overtime while we were away. There would also need to be time off for those who had been on the Security Team. It appeared that the four of us would be putting in a lot of time at work while others were off.

Dad, Keith, and Steve eventually arrived at their respective houses that evening. My Sisters had already thanked and released the ladies who had been watching their children, and all of the Familiars had returned to their masters. Those on the Security Team arrived at our building that night and went home for some well-deserved time off. The following morning, Keith and I returned the two vans to the dealer we had rented them from before returning to work. Things got back close to normal for a time then, except for those of us in the Family who were working long hours so others could get their promised time off. Even my Sisters helped out with this.

A few days after we returned from D.C., the Queens in the Jewel suggested to Jorani that she should cast the Nesting Spell around the property where the house that we would be living in while here was under construction. This presented a problem. My Sisters already had the Nesting Spell cast around their houses. Each spell was circular and 400 feet in diameter. Their property wards were also 400 feet on a side. There was an area of about 225 feet wide by 400 feet deep between them that led to our property. It wasn’t covered by either of their wards. Most of our property was located behind theirs. Casting a separate Nesting spell on our property would create problems and a space where near-Dragons or others could create trouble.

Jorani and the Queens in the Jewel met with my Sisters to discuss this.

“The Queens have suggested that we cast one large Nesting Spell around all three of our properties,” Jorani told them.

“We already have the Spell around our properties,” Dallas reminded her.

“We know, but because of the shape of the property, this leaves an area where there would be no Nesting Spell and where others could cause trouble. If we cast a single spell around all of our properties, it eliminates these trouble spots,” Jorani and the Queens pointed out.

“Your property is ten acres plus. If you include our properties, that would nearly double the area that the spell would need to cover,” Doreen pointed out.

“Mother told us many times that ten acres was about as large an area that the spell could be cast to cover,” Dallas reminded the others. The Queens in the Amethyst lit-up then, and they heard a chuckle.

“The Queen of the West is correct as far as She went. The ward that She has around her property IS about as large as a Single Female can cast. However, there are three of you. Together, you could cast a much larger Nesting Spell. You must determine how large the area to be covered is and what the eccentricity is. Two of you should be able to cast the Spell large enough to cover all of your properties,” the Queens told them to a surprised look from all three of them.

“We need to determine the exact size of our properties,” Dallas agreed. The following day, they went to the County Building again. They had little trouble this time being admitted and went to the Property Records Department to learn the size of their properties. The combined total area turned out to be 19.41 acres, and it was 1,025 feet long and 825 feet deep. Back at their homes, Dallas and Doreen quickly determined the eccentricity of an ellipse that would fit the size and shape of their properties. It was 0.59344.

The following day the twins canceled the Nesting Ward around their properties, and the three of them prepared to cast the new Nesting Spell around their combined property. They each called their Husband to assist them and to have someone to check when the new Nesting Ward was large enough and covered the entire area. After they had finished casting the Nesting Ward, Jorani and I recast the Property Wards around our property. Fortunately, it was a weekend, and no one was presently working on our house.

By the end of the first week of May, we were caught up on overtime makeup, and I suggested to Jorani that we return to the Nest in Tibet to check on things there before she needed to go into the hospital to have our Daughters. It would be some time following that before she would be able to return to Tibet, as she would be very busy with our Daughters.

We left from the Stone Mountain Nest on the morning of Monday of the second week of May at 10:00 AM. On emerging from the portal in the Tibetan Nest, it was 10:00 at night there. We had brought food and other things with us in the Timeless Zone for our stay in addition to what we had left here previously.

On arriving at the Queen’s nest, we returned to our Human forms, and Jorani needed to rest and eat, as we had been up for some time preparing to leave. It was just as well, as little went on in Tibet at night ... little that was good anyway.

Following breakfast the next morning, I left to see Tsepak, while Jorani remained at the Nest. I found him in the office where we had seen him previously. My appearance there startled him and those with him greatly.

“You’re back!” he finally managed to say when the shock had worn off. The others hadn’t said anything and still appeared to be in shock.

“We have returned to check on things. Has there been any trouble?” I asked.

“The central Chinese government is very upset about the possible presence of Dragons. They have had the police and the Army out looking for anyone who knows anything about them. They have also been looking for those who can do Magic. Fortunately, they have no one that we know of who can detect either type of individual,” he told me.

“Still, that hasn’t kept them from arresting or beating anyone who they suspect knows anything,” he added in a worried tone of voice.

“How are things with the poor and the elderly?” I inquired.

“Things are somewhat better. Prices have gone down some and supplies of food and other items have increased. Wages for many of the working class have been increased slightly. There are still more police on the streets than previously, but no soldiers, who we have seen few of. They appear to be busy elsewhere,” he told me.

“WE will be here for a few more days. I will check in with you again before we leave,” I told him before vanishing to return to the corridors behind the White Palace. I spent time inspecting them but found no traces of anyone being there since we had left.

We had been asleep for some time that night when I was suddenly awakened by Jorani screaming her lungs out. Instantly setting up and looking around for trouble, I found nothing amiss. Jorani, however, continued to scream loudly, but I could see that she was still asleep.

“Jorani ... Jorani wake up!” I shouted while shaking her shoulder. She came awake with a start and also looked around.

“What’s wrong?” I asked on seeing that her eyes were open and that she was awake, but she had a horrified look on her face.

“The Chinese have Murdered two Dragons,” she told me through her labored breathing.

“Murdered two Dragons?” I asked in shock.

“She is correct,” the voice of the Tibetan Queens of Old said following that. “WE felt the disturbance in the Magic stream when both events happened and sent the visions to the New Queen,” the voice added.

“It was terrible and occurred in two different cities,” Jorani told me before relating what had occurred.

“The first victim was a male near-Dragon. The Chinese have terror squads in addition to the police and the Army. They are used to intimidate people who are slow to follow the directives of those in charge. There are also others who report to them those they dislike or who they think are too independent. The young male was reported by a neighbor and attacked by one of the terror squads. They ambushed him and knocked him down before starting to beat him.

“He could tell that they intended to use him for their pleasure and kept trying to control his Dragon but failed. The Dragon in him would not be so insulted and despite him saying, ‘No, no, no’, he began to transform. He first breathed Dragon Fire on the face and head of the one on top of him and then ripped out the throats of two of the others before he had completely transformed. He eliminated the rest of the squad but was unable to return to his Human form. He destroyed several businesses and the one who had betrayed him before the police and the Army cornered him and destroyed him. He knew little Magic though he had a very strong Talent,” she finished and sat there breathing heavily for a time from revealing the horror that she had seen in the dream. It was several minutes before she continued.

“The second victim was a Female. She had been outed by a man who wanted to have sex with her. Outed is the correct word, isn’t it?” she asked.

“Yes, it is the correct word in this case,” I assured her.

“She was also attacked by one of the terror squads, but she had no qualms about changing into her Dragon form as a last resort, as she was sure that they intended to kill her after all of them had used her multiple times. She too breathed Dragon Fire on several of those attacking her and ripped out the throats and male parts of the others. Before the Army cornered her, she killed the one who betrayed her and others of his friends along with destroying several buildings. Those after her also destroyed and burned down several buildings chasing her.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.