Dragon Son II, the Follow Up - Cover

Dragon Son II, the Follow Up

Copyright© 2022 by Uncle Jim

Chapter 1

The following characters return from the previous story:

Craig Sweeney

Maddy and Ken’s son, 5’-11’’ tall, 175 pounds, 21 years old, brown hair, violet eyes, very handsome

Tezcaoatl

Craig’s Dragon name in Gaelic, he is a Red color in his Dragon form

Jorani

Female Dragon, Craig’s wife, 5’-2’’ tall, 107 pounds, 34C-22-34, 19 years old, long black hair, brown eyes, very good looking, Dragon Queen of the East

Thangakili

Jorani’s Dragon name in Gaelic. She is a Turquoise Dragon.

Madailein Kavanagh (Maddy)

Former Earth Witch, Dragon Queen of the West, Irish, 5’-6’’ tall, 135 pounds, 38DD-24-37, 47 years old, alabaster skin, long, lustrous black hair, violet eyes, some freckles, beautiful, Magic user

Kennith Sweeney

Ley Line Wizard, male Dragon, Maddy’s husband, 6’-0’’ tall, 175 pounds, 50 years old, brown hair and dark eyes, very handsome

Dallas Kavanagh

Maddy and Ken’s first daughter, Doreen’s twin, 5’-7’’ tall, 22 years of age, 130 pounds, 36D-24-36, alabaster skin, long, lustrous black hair, violet eyes, some freckles, beautiful, Magic user

Doreen Kavanagh

Maddy and Ken’s second daughter, Dallas’s twin, 5’-7’’ tall, 22 years of age, 130 pounds, 36D-24-36, alabaster skin, long, lustrous black hair, violet eyes, some freckles, beautiful, Magic user

Keith

Doreen’s husband, 5’-11’’ tall, 170 pounds, 26 years old, light brown hair, Blue eyes, rather handsome

Steve

Dallas’s husband, Ben’s son, 5’-11’’ tall, 165 pounds, 25 years old, black hair, dark eyes, broad shoulders, very good looking

Tintaglia - Madailein, the Dragon Queen’s name in Gaelic

Khawlhring – Kennith Sweeney’s Dragon name in Gaelic

Adalinda – Dallas’s Dragon name in Gaelic

Amekinda – Doreen’s Dragon name in Gaelic

Bheithir – Steve’s Dragon name in Gaelic

Thevetat – Keith’s Dragon name in Gaelic

David De Tocqueville

Powerful Magic user, 6’-0’’ tall with somewhat less broad shoulders now, 65 years old, gray hair and violet eyes, still a strong Ley Line user


While the Dragon Queens, their Families, and their Security Team returned to their hotel after the interrupted meeting with the President and eventually returned to Atlanta, things at the White House and the various Embassies in D.C. were a lot busier and were more intense.

At the White House, the President had literally dragged the Secretary of State into the Oval Office after dismissing his various assistants.

“What the hell ever possessed you to agree to have me meet with the Dragon Queen and the Chinese? Especially since every administration for the past twenty-five years or so has pointedly ignored her?” he demanded in a loud voice of his Secretary of State, who stared at him in shock at being dragged in there and addressed so bluntly.

“The Chinese Ambassador said that they’d had a little problem with Dragons in Tibet, and if we called in the Queen of the Dragons and talked to her, that she would straighten it out. There was no mention of a second Queen, or that they could appear in different sizes,” State told him in a whiny voice.

“And of course, he didn’t indicate that they intended to try to assassinate them,” the President pointedly asked, still upset.

“We never ever considered that the situation was that out of control. We had never heard anything from our Ambassador there about major trouble in Tibet,” State told him trying to weasel out of responsibility.

“Did you bother to check with the CIA?” the President asked in a weary voice.

“We don’t like dealing with them. They always see a conspiracy linked to everything,” State told him in a dismissive voice.

“Maybe that’s only because there usually is something else linked to everything,” the President said in a grumpy voice before exhaling heavily and making up his mind.

“Get out!” he said next. “I’ll expect your letter of resignation to arrive in the next three days,” he finished. State looked at him in shock.

“But ... but!” he stammered.

“Within three days,” the President reiterated. State left in an upset mood but like a dog that had been kicked by his master. The President wasn’t finished, however. He was still upset about what had happened. Picking up the phone, he called the Directors of the FBI and the CIA. He told both of them to be in the Oval Office in an hour. Following that, he called his appointment secretary and told her to cancel all of his appointments for that day and to reschedule them for later. When finished, he called in the Chief Agent of the Secret Service at the White House.

“You wanted to see me, sir?” the Chief Agent asked on arriving a few minutes later.

“Yes, have a seat,” the President said. When they were both seated, the President spoke again.

“Tell me about this meeting with the Dragon Queen’s Security Detail,” he told him. The Chief Agent went over what had occurred at their meeting but had more to add.

“After they left, I checked on just who Kennith Sweeney is. He is actually the Husband of the Dragon Queen, and the Chief Operating Officer of Dragon Security, an Atlanta based security company. They have the best reputation of any security company in the country. Their wards have kept out the best Federal investigators for years,” the Chief Agent finished.

“Yes, just like their wards or whatever it was kept those explosions away from us out in the garden. How the hell did they do that?” the President asked.

“We have no idea, sir. We borrowed a Wizard from Homeland Security, and he had no idea either. Said it was way – way above his paygrade and ability,” the Chief Agent told him before being dismissed.

The Directors of the FBI and the CIA arrived shortly after that. The President was seated behind his desk in the Oval Office. He did not rise to greet them and had a very stern look on his face when they arrived.

“Today, gentlemen, there were multiple attempts to assassinate those meeting with me as well as myself and those accompanying me. I want to know what You knew about it, and why there was NO warning prior to this happening,” he told them angrily in a rising voice. The faces of the two Directors were blank with shock on hearing this.

“Assassination attempts!” the CIA chief asked. “Here?”

“Yes, HERE, and the attempts were made, so I understand from those who prevented them, by the Chinese, the Russians, the Iranians, and ISIS. Yet, I received not so much as a whisper from either of your agencies,” the President told them.

“But ... but ... but! We knew nothing about any such attempt,” the Director of the FBI stated on recovering.

“Are you sure about this?” the Director of the CIA asked. “We had no knowledge of such a broad-based attempt.”

I am absolutely certain. I was on the back lawn of the White House when the Iranians used three drones to launch two missiles and drop a bomb on the meeting that I was having with the Dragon Queens and their Families. They had informed the Secret Service several days ago of the attempts. They also managed to circumvent all of the attempts, yet you ... you Idiots! stand there and tell me that You knew nothing about them,” a very angry Chief Executive shouted at them in a loud voice. This was followed by silence while the President regained his composure, and the Agency Chiefs tried to think of excuses as to why they and their agencies had been in the dark on all of this.

“FBI, check with your local office and have them check with the D.C. Police on motorcycle accidents this morning. Also check on the capture of four sniper teams and a couple of terrorist bombers by SWAT Teams.

“CIA, check on the Iranians who launched those drones, and the ISIS terrorists who launched some kind of explosive device at us after the Iranian attack.

“Additionally, I want to know more about these Dragons. They are down in Atlanta. Every administration for the last twenty-five years or so has ignored them. Find out about them. I want to know what you have learned about them in two days, but keep on them even after that. They have some powerful technology. It kept those rockets and bombs from affecting us, plus they can disappear. WE need to know how they do that,” the President told them in an excited voice, before remembering something.

“CIA, check on the Chinese also. Most of those assassins were Chinese and that damned Ambassador of theirs was the one who pressured those asses over at State to arrange that meeting. I want to know what is going on,” he demanded before dismissing both Agency Chiefs.

Later, he met with his advisors about what kind of statement to issue about the meeting, and what had occurred during it. This led to the basically uninformative statement issued by the White House Press Secretary later that day.

Meanwhile at his Embassy, the Chinese Ambassador was apoplectic over the events, and his treatment at the meeting with the President and the damned Dragons. He had been so upset on his return trip to the Embassy in his limousine that he hadn’t remembered to use his cell phone until he was halfway back to the Embassy. That was when he discovered that the phone was dead, killed by the Magic the Dragons had used. On reaching the Embassy, he threw the dead phone at those there to greet him. He didn’t know that it was the Magic that had killed his phone but hadn’t affected his expensive mechanical watch.

“Get me a phone that works,” he demanded on storming in with a limp because of his missing right shoe and headed for his quarters to change clothes and replace his shoes. Of course, Jorani had breathed Dragon fire near him. If she had breathed it on him, the Chinese would have needed a new Ambassador, as he would have been crispy. As it was, she had only breathed fire near him charring his suit. He had also pissed on himself in fear during the encounter, and that was another reason for changing clothes and washing himself off. After changing, he threw the old suit at his valet.

“Burn that, immediately. That damned Dragon nearly incinerated me,” he told him in an upset voice.

On entering his office, he was met by the Embassy’s Chief of Security, who was also the Guoanbu’s representative to the Embassy.

“Have you ever been held upside down by an eight meter (25 foot) tall monster and shaken like ... like a mouse caught by a giant cat?” he demanded, still angry.

“No, Excellency, I have not. I take it that things did not go well,” the Security Chief said.

’Not go well’ doesn’t even begin to explain the absolute failure of our plans. Those fools on the motorcycles did nothing to even slow the Dragons down,” he told him in an angry voice.

“Yes, we have seen on the news the poor-quality pictures of the wrecks on the road where they were eliminated. According to the news reports, five of our men died in the crashes. One was taken to a hospital but is in very serious condition and is not expected to live, but what of the sniper teams?” the Security Chief asked.

“Those incompetent, inept bastards were never even able to get into position to fire. According to the Dragons, they removed them early this morning. There were no shots fired but the one that I fired before that ... that monster Dragon suspended me in the air by my right foot. Also, all of those female Dragons are pregnant. They will soon have even more Dragons. Additionally, they have no respect for rank or importance. That Queen spoke to the President like he was a commoner, and the other females addressed those from the State Department like they were mere children,” he finished having calmed down somewhat.

“You need to release a statement to the press denying all knowledge of what happened today and painting those involved as mercenaries or terrorists with no connection to us or the Chinese Military. We need to disassociate ourselves from them and their plot,” he directed the Chief of Security in a somewhat cooler tone having recovered and realizing that he needed to cover his ass because of the disaster that their plans had become.

“This will not go over well in Beijing. Still, we did everything that they ordered. Those who carried out the plan are the ones who failed,” the Security Chief reminded him, covering his own ass as well. The Ambassador relaxed a bit more on hearing this, but he was still worried. Those on the Central Committee didn’t take failure lightly.

At the same time at the Russian Embassy, the Ambassador poured himself a large glass of Vodka on hearing about their sniper team being arrested by the FBI SWAT Team.

“Issue a statement distancing us from them. Paint them as mercenaries and crooks, possibly even from the Red Mafia. Just pick one, a big one. The Vors have hired enough out-of-work Special Operation soldiers and others that it will be accepted. They knew what would happen to them if they failed. How did the police find them?” he asked.

“The Dragons claim that they rendered them inactive early this morning. They also used something to defeat the rockets and the bomb that the Iranians used to disrupt the meeting. These Dragons have some very advanced technology,” his Security Chief told him.

“Yes, we should have some of our people investigate these Dragons. See to it,” the Ambassador told him, as he sipped on his Vodka.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.