Fast Clone Universe Rules - Cover

Fast Clone Universe Rules

by Timm

Copyright© 2022 by Timm

Science Fiction Story: All story universes need a few rules. Here are the ones for the Fast Clone Universe. Should you decided to contribute to it. I really hope a few of you take up the challenge.

Tags: Science Fiction  

Created in 2022

All story universes need a few rules. Here are the ones for the Fast Clone Universe. Should you decided to contribute to it. I really hope a few of you take up the challenge.

1) Rule Number One:

Clones age at the rate they come out of the chamber. The ratio is 18:1

So, if you cook a clone for 1 hour to 18 years of age when it is born. It will continue to age at 18 years of age for every hour of operation. So, at the end of the first hour of operation the clone will be 36 years of age. End of second hour of operation the clone would be 54 years old. And at three hours it would be 72 years old.

2) Rule Number Two:

Clones’ life span should not exceed three times the cooking time. At 72 years the clone is subject to all the ailment’s of naturally born individuals. One of the side effects of the cooking process is that the clone experience heath issues at an accelerated rate. So, they tend to pass away shortly after exceeding three times the cooking time. Since the clones also decompose at the same rate they age, it can get messy. Of coarse feel free to turn off this safety in settings if you want to describe the process as part of your story.

For that reason, clones are pre-programed to return to the chamber at 3 times the cooking time. This is the default setting. This can be adjusted by the user for less time if you are not interested in geriatric clones. Note: The clone dose not have periods and will not go though menopause.

3) Rule Number Three:

Clone must come out of the chamber at least 18 years of age. The reason for this is simple. See rule Two. If you want a 21-year-old clone the ratio is 21:1

Clones created out of biomass and can not maintain growth without a constant supply of it. In younger clones they tend to split apart as bones continue to grow. It can be very messy as well as painful for the clone.

Loss of biomass is costly as you need to order more. Returning decaying biomass dose not work. The biomass is already dead and will incinerated just like the contents of a clone’s belly.

Work around for Rule Three: A clone grown at a one-to-one ratio can develop normally on human food. However, by law this option is only available to produce newborns for adoption.

4) Rule Number Four:

Biomass. Each chamber comes equipped with enough biomass to produce two clones. The death of a clone causes loss of biomass and the expense of replacement. Always return clone to the chamber for recycling. Don’t bother with dead biomass as it will only be incinerated.

Note the recycling process is completely painless. So, a person wishing to commit suicide might step into one. Or as a method of execution it would be painless.

5) Rule Number Five:

All units come equipped with a DNA sampler. This only takes a stick to the finger. And used to clone yourself or your opposite sex self.

If you can talk someone else into doing so you can also clone them. People are known to sell their DNA for this purpose. Negotiations and cost are your own problem. Also, an add on clone editor is recommended.

6) Rule Number Six:

This is The Last Rule

Clone unit settings: All units must have an interface that include:

Clone Selection. Including self clone and sex opposite clone.

Clone adjustments. Breast size is just one possibility.

Personality Selection. May be part of a clone package.

Skill Selection. Basic Sex Skills Standard.

Safety and overrides. Change at your own peril.

Story Ideas for other writers.

Interface may be a keyboard and screen to whatever your imagination produces. Voice? Holo?

One and two chamber models are the standard available. Larger units would find use in industrial or military stories.

Military clones? Well not for the private individual. A military story maybe?

Personalities created by a flash memory of that person. Remember to edit them. Like removal of morals and preferences. As well as memories and genetic defects.

Editing personalities could have unintended results. Like creating a mass murder or a truly Dum clone. The only limited by your imagination.

Clones are great for stroke stories as well as featured.

Virus problems with clones. Anything connected is subject to hacks and malicious code. See story ‘Praying Mantis’ For an example.

Please have fun creating your story for this universe. And feel free to Ad Astra. (Take it to the Stars)

Timm

 
There is more of this story...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.