Billy Jack - Bad - Ass - Cover

Billy Jack - Bad - Ass

Copyright© 2022 by JRyter

Episode 1

“See that man leaning against the post over there? The one wearing the faded camo cap, pants, and t-shirt?”

“Yeah, what about him? He looks like another fuckin washed up, homeless Vet to me. I mean, look at his matted beard and long, stringy hair.”

“Oh - but - he - is - so - much more... That’s Billy Jack.

Billy Jack? Who in the hell is Billy Jack? Billy Jack who anyway?”

“That’s him over there. I went to school with him. I’d know him anywhere. Have you never heard of Billy Jack?

“Jack is his last name, and most folks just call him Billy... The ones who are brave enough to even call his name.”

“Are you sure? I saw in the paper where Billy Jack was in jail for fighting in that beer joint out at the lake last weekend ... And totally wrecking the place, is what the paper said.”

“I read that too. I didn’t even know he was back in town until I saw that in the paper ... But, that’s Billy Jack standing over there, and it looks like there could be another fight break out - pretty damn quick.”

“What the fuck are you talking about? There’s no one even close to him.”

“See those three guys walking out of the hardware store behind him? Their brothers were in that bunch of guys who jumped Billy last weekend. He beat the shit out of the whole damn gang and put five of them in the hospital. If those dumb shit-asses over there think they can slip up behind Billy Jack and take him down, they’re crazier’n hell.”

He better turn around now! Look at that fat sonofabitch running at him with his head down like a fuckin billy goat ... OH FUCK! He butted him in his back and knocked him a flip all the way out in the damn street!”

“Yeah ... and Billy’s on his feet already. Watch this shit. He won’t wait for them to come at him.”

“SONOFABITCH! Did you see that?”

“I told you he wouldn’t wait. There’s no way in hell those three can take him, even after jumping him from behind like that.”

“DAMN! He walked right up to that fat fucker who butted him, and kicked his damn face in ... OH HELL, here comes the other two now, I guess they want some ass whuppin too.”

“Yeah, and they think they can take him with one in front of him and one behind him. Watch him back out like he’s about to run, then turn to take the biggest one down first.”

“DAMN! He hit that big fucker five times in his throat and face before he could even get his fists up to block him!”

“The one standing there lookin down at his two brothers lying lifeless on the street, is the oldest. I’d hate to be in that poor bastards shoes right now.”


“Come on, Howard. You and your brothers started this shit, now come get you some of it. Come on, damn it - face to face like a man. Come get me. You started this after your two sissy-ass little brothers and their buddies jumped me from behind in that bar last weekend.”

“Look Billy, you put my two youngest brothers in the hospital last week. Let me get these two up and get them to the ER. I’ll call this off for good, if you’ll let me help them.”

“Next time I see you, you better be running like hell in the opposite direction as fast as your lard-ass can run, or I’ll put your ass in the hospital too. I didn’t come back here after five years to fight a bunch of fuckin dumb-ass losers.”

There was a huge crowd gathering around. Most of them hoping to see the fight continue.

That’s when Sheriff Holt stepped out of the crowd.

Billy Jack! I need to see you in my office - NOW!” he spoke loud enough for everyone to hear. Most of the crowd began backing up, expecting to see another fight, as the two deputies stepped up beside the sheriff.

“Jason, I didn’t start this shit. You can ask any of the folks looking on.”

“I wasn’t accusing you of anything, but I still need to see you in my office.”


“What do you mean, someone has a job offer for me? I’m not looking for work!”

“Billy, you’ve got less than two hundred dollars in the bank to last until your next check is deposited - in three weeks. You don’t even own a vehicle, you’re living out of that old run-down barn on your Ma’s place. You need a bath and you need to clean your nasty ass up before you meet these people who can pay you enough to turn your life around.”

“You still haven’t told me who they are, or what this job is about ... And besides that, why in the hell were you meddling in my business at the bank, anyway?”

“Will you at least take a shower and put on some clean clothes? I’ll tell you all I know, and then you can decide if you want to listen to the folks who want to meet with you.”

“I don’t have any clean clothes and there’s no shower in that old barn.”

“You can shower and shave back at the jail, like last week, when you spent the night in there. I have some Desert Camos in my office that belonged to Warren. He was about the same size as you.”

“I read about him going down, over there. Too many good men never came back from over there. Damn waste of time, money - and good men like Warren...

“Get the camos. I’ll shower and trim my beard, but I ain’t shaving. I’ve got too damn many battle-scars under this shag to show my face.”

“I have three outfits of Warren’s camos, if you’ll take them. I’ve been trying to give them away since I buried him.”

“I’d be proud to wear his camos. Whether you knew it or not, he’s the one who convinced me to give up Karate, and take up Krav Maga to help me get my life straight.”

“No, I never knew that. I’m glad you listened to him, and I hope you’ll listen to what these people have to offer you, today.”

“You still haven’t told me a damn thing about this job offer. I’ve got a stinkin feeling it doesn’t have any thing to do with working forty hours a week.”

“I was told not to give you any more details about this before you agree to meet with them. They’ll be here in less than an hour and you can decide then, if you want to take the job. I will tell you this, you’ll never have another chance to legally make this much money in your life.”

“That makes me feel better, just knowing I could end up on your side of the law for a change, instead of dodging you...


Billy walked into the Briefing Room behind Sheriff Jason Holt. His eyes instantly scanning the entire room, taking in the three well-dressed women, the two men dressed in high-dollar suits - then, his eyes came to rest on the man dressed in khaki pants and jacket. He’s the only person Billy recognized out of the six.

With his eyes locked on the man’s eyes, Billy caught the slight nod of his head.

Sheriff Holt addressed the group, “Ladies and Gentlemen, I want you to meet Billy Jack, and yes, Jack really is his last name. I’m pretty sure there is only one person in this room who knows him personally, and he’s the man who asked me to bring Billy to this meeting.

“Colonel Collins, if you will...”

Hugh Collins smiled just as he spoke, “Lieutenant, from what I’ve heard about you recently, you’re still having problems readjusting to civilian life.”

“No offense Sir, but it’s not me that’s having problems. It’s the people around me who are having problems with me being here.”

“You always did have a way with words, Billy. Just so you’ll know, I’m not here to judge you, or admonish you for defending yourself. What I’m here for is to ask for your help in a matter of life and death concerning two American citizens being held hostage outside Mexico City by the most ruthless drug cartel in Mexico.”

“You have my attention, Sir.”

“First of all, I want you to meet two families. Each of these families have a daughter who volunteers her service with the American Red Cross as a medical doctor.

“Those two doctors are the last members of their group that’s being held captive. The rest of their unit has been released and are now, safely back on this side of the border.”

He turned to the five civilians seated together.

“Mr. Blackmon, if you and your wife will please stand...

...”Mr. Alberts, if you, your wife, and daughter will please stand...

“I want all of you to meet the only man in America I can honestly say, has a chance to bring your daughters back alive...

“Lieutenant Billy Jack; US Army Ranger - Delta Force Retired: CIA SAD Operative, Retired ... Billy Jack is no stranger to rescue missions where success is doubtful, to say the least. Yet, he has done this for us numerous times in the past, and soon, I will show you a short video of his last rescue...

“Lieutenant, this is Richard Blackmon, and his wife Margaret - parents of Doctor Elizabeth Blackmon...

Hugh Collins turned to face the other three civilians.

“Lieutenant, this is Mr. Roger Alberts, and his wife Stephanie, parents of Doctor Janis Alberts. With them is their daughter, Second Lieutenant Jayne Alberts, US Marines Retired, CIA Covert Operative Retired.

“For now, we’ll continue with this briefing - though I’m sure everyone will want to meet and speak to Mr. Jack personally.

“First of all, I want to present a short video made of this very same cartel, after the ransom was a day late being paid, in a previous hostage situation. Ladies, you may want to turn your heads, this is brutal and barbaric, but I want all of you to be aware of exactly what we’re dealing with...

“Sheriff if you will...”

The video begins with loud screaming and confusion, then a Mexican wearing a red suit coat over his bare chest suddenly appears before the camera.

In mixed, Spanish and English, he shouts, “Death to all gringos who dare come here only to interfere in Mexican affairs. This is what happens when a ransom is delivered late, past our deadline!”

The video panned to a naked young woman with her head held over a block of wood. In one swing of a machete, her head is decapitated.

The men and women in the room screamed, then stood staring at the blank screen in horror.

“I wanted you to see this, so you’ll understand the seriousness of what we’re up against. Those men have no respect for human life. Your daughters have been held captive for three days. They will not wait much longer before they bring them out naked in front of a camera, and threaten them so you can witness your daughters begging and pleading to have the ransom delivered on time, so they’ll be released...

“Lieutenant - are you with us?”

“I’m all in, Sir. You knew when you brought me here, I would never turn my back on a situation like this.”

“Ladies and Gentlemen, Sheriff Holt and I would like to show you the reason I’m here today and the reason I have chosen to ask Mr. Jack to lead this rescue operation.

“This video was taken from a CIA drone, two hundred feet above the action. What you are about to witness is not a rehearsed situation. This is real life, and this is what happens when a man called Billy Jack - is on the job.

“Sheriff if you will, start the next video.”

As the overhead camera focused, there were five men in the middle of a wide circle, consisting of a dozen men. All the men in that circle are armed, naked to their waist, with black bandannas around their forehead, tied in back with long black tails.

Two men in the center of the ring are holding a man’s arms behind his back as two more men approach. Taking turns, they pound the man’s abdomen, face, and chest with their fists until he slumps down, held off the ground by the two men behind him.

One of the men kicked the victim’s face with his boot, with blood spewing from his mouth. Another held his hair as he drives a fist into his forehead. The victim slumped to the ground face down and unmoving, as the four men turned - raising their arms in triumph, shouting and laughing with the others around the outer circle.

Suddenly - before the men in the center of the ring realized what was happening behind them, those in the outer circle began yelling and pointing. The man they had just beaten to the ground - came up, reaching for the closest man’s dagger sheathed at his waist.

As he drove the dagger between the man’s shoulder blades, he pulled the man’s machete. With a wide swath, he cut through the throat of the man nearest him. Then he whirled to slash the machete across the next man’s belly as he turned. As that man went down, the victim held the machete under one arm and grabbed two 9mm pistols from the man’s waist.

As the men came at him from the outer circle - turning where he stood, with both guns blazing, Billy killed the first six, each with a shot to their head. He then turned to run at the weakest point of the circle, firing both pistols as he ran. When he emptied the pistols, he jammed one into his waistband and used the other pistol to club the nearest man who’s reaching for him.

As the man fell forward, Billy pulled a leather strap from that man’s shoulder and turned with an Uzi blazing. There were four men caught trying to run backwards while dodging bullets.

Then - there were none - as the sole survivor ran past the dead men, and leaped into the seat of the nearest jeep.

Gunning the engine, shifting gears, he drove the right front of the jeep through the corner of a shabby, wood and straw bungalow, making a gaping hole in the corner walls. In the far corner were three naked women huddled and screaming.

Get in the jeep! We need to get the hell out of here - NOW!

With the women in the jeep, he stopped beside a Humvee and pulled a canvas bag out to slip the strap over his shoulder.

One by one, he heaved grenades into the pile of men, the remaining vehicles, and the makeshift bungalows.

Lifting an ammo can from the Humvee, he placed it between the front seats of the jeep and ejected the magazine from the Uzi. Opening the ammo can, he quickly showed the woman in the front passenger seat how to load the magazine.

Hang on Ladies, we’re going home.”

Those were his last words before the screen faded and turned blank, just as the Humvee exploded.


The two civilian men in the Briefing Room were sitting with their heads on their knees, holding their hands over their faces.

The three women were standing - pumping fists overhead as they cheered, sobbed, and cried.

Hugh Collins stood to address the families, “There are three people here today, that I would like all of you to meet. Then we’ll get down to the more serious business of why we’re here.

“Billy, you may remember these ladies.”

As he spoke, Sheriff Holt opened the door to let three Red Cross Nurses enter the room. They walked straight toward Billy, each of them reaching out to embrace him, even before they stood beside him to face the civilians.

“Nurse Allen, will you please introduce yourself and your fellow nurses? Then, tell those present how you three came to be here today.”

“Mr. and Mrs. Blackmon - Mr. and Mrs. Alberts - Lieutenant Jayne Alberts ... My name is Linda Allen. On my right is Alice Baker, on my left is Marie Gardner. When Mr. Collins informed us of the current hostage situation in Mexico, we wanted to come here to lend our support to the families of the hostages.

“Of course, we wanted to see our savior and hero again, Billy Jack. Three days after our ordeal was over, the three of us were shown this same video of our rescue. When they showed us what Lieutenant Billy Jack went through to rescue us, we were cheering too, just as you were - as he came off the ground and killed every last one of those horrible animals who had taken us hostage.

“We know what each of you are going through, and we have lived through what your daughters are going through. If you believe in God, pray and keep praying that he will deliver your daughters safely home. If you don’t believe in God, get down on your knees anyway, and ask him to spare your daughters’ lives.

“Believe me, the three of us were expecting to die any minute, night and day, until we heard the gunfire and yelling outside...

Then suddenly - silence was deafening...

“We knew then, our prayers must have been answered. The next thing we knew, there was a gaping hole in the bungalow where we were held prisoner.

“There was a man driving a jeep, his face bloody and unrecognizable, his fists and arms bloody and torn, and yet he yelled for us to get in his jeep so we could get the hell out of there.

“We are here today to lend our moral support to the family members whose daughters are being held hostage.”


As soon as the official meeting was over, Jayne Alberts rushed over to meet the three nurses - embracing them, and thanking them for being here.

Then, she turned to see Billy Jack standing alone. Resisting the urge to run, she walked straight, proud, and smiling to where he stood.

“Lieutenant, I want to tell you, I am honored to meet you. I stand in awe of you as a man who risked his own life, against all odds, to save those three nurses. I was crying as I cheered for you while watching that video. I knew you were going to survive, because you were standing here in front of us. Yet, there were times in that video, when it looked humanly impossible for you to survive...

“Sir - I have a favor to ask of you...”

You’re not going!

“I was told by Colonel Collins to ask you, before I tell you - I AM GOING WITH YOU - to help you rescue my sister Janis, and her friend.”

“You’ll get both of us killed!”

“I speak Spanish fluently, as I’ve been told you do. I am certified as a sniper by the Marines and the CIA. I have a drawer full of Marine Marksmanship Badges. I have also been trained in Krav Maga two years more than you. You are going to need a good backup - and please stop looking at me, like I’m just a woman.”

“How many times have you jumped from a plane at night, into unknown territory?”

“More times that I can count ... Look Billy, I’m capable, I can defend myself hand to hand, against all comers. I can knock a piss-ant off a leaf at hundred hundred yards with my rifle...

Billy ... I can also keep you from being killed, so you can do your job.”

...”How long will it take you to pack?”

“I brought my pack with me.”

“I like your spunk, but you better not let me get killed, or this will be the last damn time you go anywhere with me.”

“Thank you, Billy.”

“You better thank me now, because you will hate me before we return with your sister and the other doctor.”

“Mister, you help me bring them back alive and I’ll make sure you are thanked properly, by my parents.”

“Let’s go see Collins. I’m ready to get this show on the road.”

Hugh Collins saw the pair walking toward him and turned to open the door behind him. He stood aside to let them enter, then followed them.

“I see you two have an agreement worked out. My vehicle is parked outside, and we need to leave immediately. We have a plane waiting for us at the county airport.

“Billy, I suppose you have your gear packed?”

Picking up the package containing his camo uniforms off the sheriffs desk, he said, “Packed and ready, as always Sir. We’ll have to stop by and pick it up on the way.”

Jayne told him, “I’ll get my gear bag out of my parents’ vehicle and meet you at the corner.”


“What do you think of her, Billy?”

“She’s got a belly full of spunk, and she’s got all the credentials. She also told me she would keep me from being killed - and that alone convinced me. I’ve never had anyone watching my back - who made it out with me.”

“I agree. She’s tough. She’s cold blooded in battle, and she’s just hardheaded enough to help you make this work. We’re counting on both of you making it back with the hostages. When you do, I’ll have a few more side-trips I’d like for you to make with her.”

“If GI Jayne can keep me alive on this weekend picnic, I’ll gladly go on another field trip with her.”


They were in the air three hours before they touched down at a small asphalt strip a few miles northeast of Brownsville, Texas.

Collins told them, “We have less than an hour before your escort arrives. If you need to relieve yourselves, there are restrooms inside the hangar. When you return, we need to get our heads together and make sure you know your territory. I’ll tell you now, the reason we’re here in Brownsville ... the hostages have been moved to Tampico, on the coast. We’re pretty sure they will move them again, possibly by boat across the Gulf ... maybe to Cuba - but who knows where.”


“Have you ever jumped from a Cessna?”

“No, only military aircraft. Have you?”

“Many times. I saw a Cessna hit the runway just as we were about to enter the hangar. We’ll more than likely be taken aloft from here to make our jump - then fly free and undetected until we hit the ground in Tampico. If that’s the case, we’ll each have GPS and we’ll need to stay together when we jump. We’ll need to make sure we hit the dirt looking at each other.

“Use the restroom, and then we’ll get our heads together. I’ve never gone in like this with a female, but if you’ll listen to me - and do as I say, we’ll put our boots on the ground within ten feet of each other.”

“I’m with you all the way. I’ve jumped many times, but never on a mission like this. Get me safely on the ground next to you, and I’ll see to it, you’re alive to make the rescue.”

He’s waiting for her when she walked out.

“This may be the last time you get to drop your pants to piss until we get back. We’ll be aloft for over an hour, then - when we hit the ground, we’ll be moving too fast to stop for anything.”

“I’ll be alright. I’ve pissed in my pants before, but thanks for preparing me for the worst.”

“I see Collins over there by that black SUV. Let’s get our briefing updates and hope like hell they haven’t moved the hostages again, before we can get to them.”

“Does planning, preparing, and anticipating shit like this, have an affect on you ... you know - physically and mentally ... at all?

“You mean, does it make me excited to the point of getting antsy, or even feeling horny?”

“YES! That’s exactly what I mean.”

“It’s the adrenaline beginning to pump. Happens to me all the time. You’ll get used to it, then you’ll get to where you start craving that feeling, even when you wake up in the middle of the night. Don’t ever - let it make you feel invincible. You’re not and you’ll never be. You’ll get yourself killed and me too, if you don’t use everything you’ve been trained to do, and keep a clear head about where we are, and why we’re there.”

“I know I’m tough, and I know I’ve been trained with skills most women will never hear of ... but I need to know - how in the hell, you can take a beating like we saw in that video, and still come up off the ground to kill every last one of those bastards who beat you into the dirt.”

“That video doesn’t show it, but I woke up face down in the middle of that circle, and I’m thankful to this day, that my hands weren’t tied. I knew there was no way I could take on every last one of them with my fists...

“They had knives and guns, and though I had my fists free, I took their ass whipping and let them think I was done. If I had fought and resisted at that point, they would have killed me right then and there. As soon as they turned their backs - that’s when everything I’ve been trained to do - kicked in. I needed weapons to make the odds a little more even - and they had weapons.”

“You killed at least six of them with a single shot to their head, with a 9mm pistol in each hand, as they ran toward you from different directions...

How in the hell did you ever learn to shoot like that, with both hands at the same time, in different directions?”

“Honestly, I don’t know how to answer that ... It’s just one of those things you do to stay alive. I was outnumbered, I’d just had the shit kicked out of me, but all I could think of - it’s up to me to stay alive and get those nurses out of there.”

“How did they capture you in the first place? Did you not have any backup at all?”

“I had two snipers positioned back a hundred yards at different points. We had gone over everything a dozen times, before I went into the camp alone.

“Before daylight, I killed three of the six men who were standing guard. My guys were using suppressors and they were supposed to take out the remaining three guards, then take out anyone who may come at me, after I had engaged my first contact. I had just discovered the bungalow where the nurses were being held ... when someone turned my lights out with a blow to the back of my head.

“I have yet to see, or even hear - what happened to those two men who went in with me. I have to assume they didn’t make it back.”

Chapter 2

The three of them were hovered over a charted map, which overlay a roughly, hand-drawn map with streets and buildings blocked off.

“Our guy on the ground is a Mexican medical aide. He speaks English fluently and he’s been trailing them since they were kidnapped. He managed to get a call through to CBP, and CBP made the call to me, in order to keep this out of the news, and off the TV as long as possible...

“Here are his notes and the descriptions of his landmarks. This small x is where they were being held, at the time he drew this map. Here’s his cell number, enter it into your phone now. He advised us to call and let it ring once, then hang up and call back instantly. He will answer with ‘Hola’ and that’s all - until you talk.

“We have not heard from him in two hours and that’s bothering us. We’re not sure if he’s been captured, killed, or just awaiting our call...

...”Over here is the only fully open vacant lot, large enough for you to put your boots on the ground without tangling with tree tops, power lines, or rooftops.

“Winds near ground level are northwesterly at 12 to 15 knots and steady. NOAA confirms upper air currents are 50 to 60 knots and constant. Our guys advise you to jump at 5,000 and deploy at 2,000.

“You’ll actually jump over the gulf and ride the wind current inland until time to spot your target, then turn back, and land into the wind.

“Are you in agreement with them on all this, Billy.”

“Sounds good to me. Just saying we hit the ground - and there’s no contact. Do we have a fix on where the two doctors are being held?”

“We do have a fix, based on his last report, and we’ll enter that into both your GPS now - just in case all is not well on the ground when you get there...

“Now, when you recover the two hostages, you’ll have to bring them back to that vacant lot ASAP. That’s the closest place we can safely put a chopper on the ground...

“The chopper will be waiting offshore, on flotation. From that point to your point will be six minutes. Regardless of whether you have the hostages, you will both need to be at that point, once you send the signal for a rescue.”

Sir, no offense, but I don’t like the setup. How far is the beach from where your contact sent his last coordinates?”

“Less than a block away, but that’s a business section along the beachfront and there are sure to be people out, even at that time of night.”

“What if we’re wearing ponchos?” Jayne suggested.

“With hoodies - that may be your best bet to handle this. You’re going to earn your pay yet, Lieutenant.

“If I’m not mistaken, there are ponchos in the hangar office over there. I’ll send one of the crew over to look for them.”

“This has to be our escort coming in now.” Billy pointed to the small jet as it circled wide to come back and hit the strip at the halfway mark.

“There are no markings. Must be CIA, right?”

“I’m sure. They don’t want it known they’re in on shit like this. Causes hurt feeling with both sides. But I say, fuck’em... Sorry, I’m not used to having women around. I’ll try to keep it in check, as much as I can.”

“Billy, you’re one of a kind, and ever since we flew out together, I feel like I’m back in training. I’ve learned so much from you already, that they never taught any of the women back when I was in basic.”

“Watch it, something may rub off on you that could be contagious to any, ordinary people in your life.”

“Man, you are hardcore through and through, and I admire you more than ever.”

“What made you want to become a bad-ass, female soldier of fortune, in the first place.”

“Mom and Dad are both career military, retired now. My sister and I were both born on a base in Japan, and I have lived nearly every day of my life on a base somewhere on this globe.”

“Don’t you ever want to have a family, and carry on the tradition?”

“I think about it, but then I miss the action - and here I come again ... How about you? Have you never been married?”

“No, I came close once, but I fucked it up and lost her. Sometimes I get the notion in my head and wrestle it around ... until I get a call like this, that I can’t turn down. I love the thrill of the hunt too much to give it up at this time. I’m sure when I get older, I’ll listen to the Call of the Wild with a little less urge to pick up my gun and run head first into hell.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.