Two Daughters - Cover

Two Daughters

Copyright© 2021 by DB86

Chapter 2

My daughter’s voice brought me back to reality.

“Dad, did you hear what I said?”

“Yeah, I heard you loud and clear, Kiddo. You don’t want to see me anymore. What do you want me to say? Are you expecting me to beg? Would it change your mind if I do?”

Elise shook her head.

“I thought so. I still have some pride and self-respect left. Does it hurt to hear you saying that you don’t want to be part of my life anymore? Yes, it does. It hurts a lot, but you’re a big girl now and capable of making your own decisions and facing the consequences of your choices.”

“Dad, you’re being a bit dramatic, it’s not that I don’t want to see you anymore. This is not about hurting you. I just want some time for myself...”

I raised my hand to stop her.

“Your mother said the same thing to me about her cheating, but it hurt anyway. Her time for herself didn’t include me either but it included the asshole she cheated on me with.”

“Dad! Richard is not a bad guy! If you give him a chance and you get to know him, I’m sure you two could become friends. He could even help you with your job.”

I snorted.

“Not going to happen. Please don’t compare me with him. Your new hero is a cheater. He cheated on his first wife and then when he found your mother, he used his money to chase and seduce her, knowing she was married. He had sex with your mother for months behind my back while she lied to my face. In my book that makes your beloved good doctor a scumbag of the worse kind and your mother a whore that went along with it.”

She opened her mouth to say something but I interrupted her.

“This meeting isn’t about them, but about you and me. Let me ask you this: was I such a bad father? I worked lots of hours trying to provide for you and your mom, and even so I was there for you any time you needed me. I drove you to school every day in my truck. I never missed a school function. You never missed a present on Christmas Day or your birthday. I took care of you every time you were sick. We used to go on a bike ride at the park on Saturdays, or we visited the zoo. Remember the couch fort we used to build together on rainy days? Maybe I wasn’t a great provider but I did the best I could to be a good father and you and your mother never lacked anything essential.”

For a moment, my daughter’s expression softened and a brief smile came to her lips.

“You ARE a great father. My decision has nothing to do with you. I still love you, Dad. This is about me. You need to understand, I’m going to a new school; I have a new group of friends and a busy social life. On weekends, Mom, Richard and I go to the club. I play tennis, swim at the pool, and hang with my friends. Sometimes we go sailing on his sailboat. Honestly, being with you is not as exciting as being with them. No offense.”

I watched her in silence. A lump rose in my throat. I swallowed hard, fighting back the tears.

When I finally got enough control of my emotions to talk, my voice was hoarse.

“I’m sorry I couldn’t give you all those things. I worked hard to provide for you and your mother the best I could. I thought those things didn’t really matter as long as we loved each other. It seems I was wrong. I’m poor, I’m boring, and being with me is not as exciting as being with your mom, her sugar daddy, and your new snob friends, so you’re kicking me to the curb as your mother did.”

She took my hand and squeezed it gently.

“Please, Dad. I love you.”

“Actions speak louder than words, Kiddo. Another lesson I did my best to teach you.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.