Two Daughters - Cover

Two Daughters

Copyright© 2021 by DB86

Chapter 13

We wanted a small private wedding. No such luck.

When I told my boss about the wedding he and my co-workers wanted to come. Of course, keeping a secret in a small place like Middletown was almost impossible. The news spread fast.

Mary’s boss offered the restaurant for the reception free of charge, and Tony, the chef of the place, told us to leave the catering in his expert hands.

Sheriff Thomas and the firefighters heard the news and they offered their services, so we had to invite them too. Mary’s coworkers were as excited as she was.

I lost count of how many people were going to attend. My mother and my sister were coming too.

At the same time, we started the paperwork to adopt Sabrina as my daughter. I took her to shop for a ring. She was going to be her mother’s bridesmaid. Percy, the owner of the bed and breakfast and my boss, was going to be my best man.

We were going to get married at the local church. The day of their wedding arrived nearly a month after the night Mary and I slept together.

The yard at the church was full of pickup trucks and cars of every color.

My mother, my sister, and brother-in-law arrived at Middletown on the day of the ceremony.

Sabrina ran to greet my mother. She looked gorgeous in her bridesmaid dress.

“Are you my grandma?”

My mom’s heart melted. She lifted Sabrina into her arms. “Yes, I am.”

“You look great in a tux, Paul.” My sister said.

Mary and I got married with almost everyone in town attending. The church was crowded. We couldn’t have imagined a lovelier wedding

That day was the first of many happy days we shared together.

“Thank God for small miracles,” I said.

My wife turned to me. “Speaking of miracles...”

She brushed her palm over her stomach.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.