Peace of Mind - Cover

Peace of Mind

Copyright© 2021 by DB86

Chapter 41

Founder’s Day snuck upon them like a thief. Word of the production had traveled by social media, and news releases and went to newspapers around the state. The community center was flooded with calls asking about tickets. Grace recruited three women to answer and return those calls.

The text, “From Scotland to Middletown. A Short History of Middletown and its Founder,” was finished and printed just in time for Founder’s Day Celebration. Marcus Carter wrote a foreword.

Landon’s reason for being in Middletown was over. He had finished his job, and helped with the play script. He could function again. He had long strings of days where he felt fine. He was calmer and more adjusted.

He had started classifying the items from the museum into a database he had created. It started as a way to keep his mind busy, but now he loved it. The act of putting things in order was therapeutic.

However, Grace intruded into every thought. Landon knew Grace would be at the noon dress rehearsal and he decided to pay her a short visit.

“I love you, Landon Petersen.”

He could barely wrap his mind around her words.

Landon stood back and watched the play progress. He felt it was good, but then, he was biased. A group of Native Americans were dancing on the stage. Somehow they had enticed the Quileute dancing group to appear in the marriage scene between Fergus and Aiyana.

All in all, it would be quite a spectacle if all went as planned.

Landon waved at Grace and she smiled and waved at him in return.

She walked up to him and kissed him. A long kiss in the lips.

Landon looked around, “What are people in town going to think?”

“That I am in love with the most handsome man in the world. I can’t stop being happy when I think about you.”

“I love you too, Grace,” Landon whispered.

“By the way, we’ve been invited to Marcus’s Mansion tonight for a festive dinner, as he put it. He invited every committee chairman and the cast.”

“I’m not a chair.”

“You are the chair of the chairs,” she said looking at him with admiration. “If it wasn’t for you nothing of this would have happened. Marcus sent your invitation along with mine. Don’t ask me how, but he knows we are together. He said Scout and Peaches are welcome to assist.”

“Okay then,” he said.

“Everyone is talking about your book, ‘From Scotland to Middletown... ‘ I heard the first edition is already sold-out.”

“Really?”

“Yep, really. Janice Cooper, who runs The Middletown Gazette, wants an interview with you. Don’t worry, I’ll go with you. I don’t trust that bitch around my boyfriend.”

“Boyfriend?” The word caught Landon by surprise.

“Yes, boyfriend. So you better get used to it,” she gave him a quick peck. “I have to go now. We have to finish up a few final touches.”

Her fingers tightened around his, then she let go his hand and left.

Landon watched Grace leave, unable to comprehend how all this had happened. His life had changed in ways he could have never have imagined when he first came to Middletown.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.