Peace of Mind - Cover

Peace of Mind

Copyright© 2021 by DB86

Chapter 29

“I’m falling for Landon,” Grace confessed to Diana, her sister-in-law. She needed to tell someone or she felt she was going to burst.

“That’s great! Have you told him about your feelings?”

“Of course, not! He had gone through a lot, he is not ready for a relationship. He’s still fragile. Yesterday he told me he felt guilty every time he smiled. Imagine falling in love.”

“Being a lone survivor can bring a lot of guilt,” Diana opined. “It explains why he jumped headfirst into the job you gave him. He needed something to focus his head on.”

“I think he’s discovering he’s stronger than he thought,” Grace corrected her. “He faced Marcus Carter in his den and came up triumphant. Damn if I know how he did it!”

Diana could see the look of admiration in Grace’s eyes.

“Maybe the old man identified with him. You heard the rumors about Maximilian stealing Marcus’ girlfriend. Marcus left Middletown for years after that. Landon lost his fiancée too and left his hometown,” Grace explained.

Diana looked stunned. “For real?”

“Yep, for real. The bitch even came to Middletown to ask for a second chance. Can you believe the nerve of that woman?”

“I believe you are jealous,” Diana smiled at her sister-in-law.

“Darn right I am! But I also care about Landon, and I’m pretty sure she’s no good for him.”

Diana nodded.

“I’m sorry to change the subject, but I came to talk with you about Founders’ Day. The students are already asking me what we are going to represent.”We need something new. Something fresh,” Diana told her.

“Maybe Landon could help,” Grace suggested.

Diana rolled her eyes. “How?”

“He has been investigating about Fergus Carter. He talked with Old Man Carter himself twice.”

The last sentence piqued Diana’s interest. “Wow, that would be great! Maybe he could write a play.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.