Peace of Mind - Cover

Peace of Mind

Copyright© 2021 by DB86

Chapter 21

Grace realized how lonely her house was when she returned home. She missed having someone to share her life with.

Maybe this was the reason why she had dated one loser after another, to fill a void in her life.

First, Laura and Percy got married. Then her brother Steve and Diana. Even Georgina, the Gym teacher, had gotten herself a boyfriend. Everyone seemed to be getting on with life, except for her. She had basically been a nun since her last break-up.

Landon wasn’t like any other man she had met before. He might look fragile, but he sure as hell wasn’t. She tried to convince herself that she was only concerned for his well-being. But she knew that wasn’t true. She cared for him. She cared much more than she’d ever thought she could again.

The next day, Diana asked her about Landon.

“What is Landon like?”

“He’s nice.”

“Nice? That doesn’t tell me much. Come on, Grace, you used to say more when you talked about a man you met on a bus.”

“I like him,” she added.

“You like everyone.”

“Well, then, there you go.”

“Grace!” Diana exclaimed.

“You have already met him. You can make your own opinion about Landon,” she said.

“You know that’s not what I’m asking.”

Grace didn’t know what to say without getting too personal, and tell her how much she wanted to be there for him. Diana probably would understand everything that was wrong. Or right.

“He is writing a short history of Middletown. He’s doing an amazing job.”

“He’s smart, then.”

“Yes, I think he is.”

“You should invite him to have dinner with us again. After all, he is the man who has stolen your heart.”

“It’s not like that.”

“Then how is it like?”

“Complicated. I usually wouldn’t mind if you ask me about this, but this is a special situation. I hope you understand.”

Diana, of course, had heard rumors about Landon around town, but they were unusually vague. When she asked Derek, he told her the same thing as Grace did.

“Of course, I do understand. I’ll just say you look happier than ever. I’m happy for you.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.