Jokes and Giggles Part Three - Cover

Jokes and Giggles Part Three

Copyright© 2021 by Jack Spratt

Chapter 40

Alphqwe is still at it!!!

Little Susie asked her mother “Why haven’t you starved to death?”

“What do you mean?” Her mother replied.

“Daddy says you haven’t swallowed since your honeymoon.”


Jimq Contribution, many thanks

A friend of mine is a rather old-fashioned lady, always quite delicate and eloquent in her language. She and her husband were planning a week’s vacation, so she wrote to a particular camping ground and asked for a reservation. She wanted to make sure that the campground was fully equipped but did not know quite how to ask about the toilet facilities. She could not bring herself to write the word toilet in her letter.

After much deliberation, she finally came up with the old-fashioned term bathroom commode, but when she wrote that down, she still thought that was being a bit too forward. So she started all over again and re-wrote the entire letter referring to the bathroom commode simply as B. C. Does the campground actually have its own B. C.? is what she actually wrote in her letter.

Well the campground owner wasn’t old-fashioned at all. When he received the letter, he could not figure out what the woman was talking about. The B. C. business really had him stumped.

After worrying about it for some time, and showing it to several other campers, he finally came to the conclusion that the lady must be asking about the Baptist Church.

He immediately sat down and wrote her the following letter:

Dear Madam,

I regret very much this delay in answering your letter. But, I now take pleasure in informing you that a B. C. is located just nine miles north of the campground, and is capable of seating 250 people at one time.

I admit it is quite a distance to go if you are in the habit of going regularly, but no doubt you will be pleased to know that a great number of people take their lunches along and make a day of it. They usually arrive early and stay late.

The last time my wife and I went was six years ago and we had to stand up the whole time we were there. However, it will interest you to know that a supper is now being planned to buy more seats. They plan to hold the supper in the B. C. I would like to say that it pains me very much to be able to go more regularly, but it certainly is not due to the lack of desire on my part.

As we grow older, it seems more of an effort, especially in the colder weather. Perhaps I could go with you the first time you go and introduce you to all the other folks.

Remember, this is a very friendly community.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.