Jokes and Giggles Part Three - Cover

Jokes and Giggles Part Three

Copyright© 2021 by Jack Spratt

Chapter 12

🦠🦠🦠🦠

😆😎

Beautiful Christmas story

A man was fumblin’ around one day in a women’s clothing store He’d found his wife a Christmas coat And was headed for the door When he bumped into a little boy That looked like he was lost And he said “Mister can you help me Find out how much something costs? Here it is almost Christmas And the nights are gettin cold Winter time is on us And my mom don’t have a coat I’ve been workin for the neighbours And saving for a time” And in his tiny outstretched hand Was a dollar and a dime

His gaze went from that big eyed boy To that pretty Christmas coat And he finally cleared away the lump That had gathered in his throat He said “Son that’s just what this coat costs We’re lucky that we found ‘er” And he turned around and gave a wink To the lady at the counter She put it in a pretty box And wrapped it up just so And went off in the back And found a big red Christmas bow He said “ I thank you for your help sir And I kindly thank you ma’am I hope y’all are gonna have a big Christmas Cause now I know I am”

Well the man walked home busted Except for the dollar and the dime Thinkin he’d just have to buy The coat another time He told his wife that Christmas this year Wouldn’t be much fun And he gently took her in his arms And told her what he’d done She said “ why you old softie I wouldn’t trade you for a farm I’ve got two or three old coats And your love to keep me warm” She put that money in a matchbox And placed it beneath their tree And said “that is the grandest gift You’ve ever given me”

The years went by like years will do When people are in love Their marriage was a golden bond That was forged by God above Then one day came some bitter news That filled his heart with fright The doctor told the old man’s wife That she was going to lose her sight He said “there’s an operation we can do But it puts me on the spot Cause it’s a quite complex procedure And it’s going to cost a lot”

The old man said “doctor I’m a failure I’ve made no preparation We don’t have the money For that kind of an operation” The doctor got the strangest look And he sat there for a while And then he slowly nodded And he broke out in a smile He said “ why sir you can’t fool me You’re a very wealthy man You long ago invested In the world’s best savings plan I’ll see she gets the best of care She’s going to be just fine And the total cost to you old friend Is a dollar and a dime”

The old man stared in disbelief Then he recognized that smile The one he’d seen those years ago On a loving thoughtful child He said “what you gave to me that day Was more than just a coat You gave me the gift of giving And you gave my mother hope My mother’d been mistreated Neglected and abused But she gave life just one more chance And it was all because of you Now every year she takes that coat And lays it beneath our tree It represents to us the things That Christmas ought to be She says that when we leave this world For a better home someday The only things that we’ll take with us Are the things we gave away”

🦠🦠🦠🦠

🦠🦠🦠🦠

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.