Jokes and Giggles Part Three - Cover

Jokes and Giggles Part Three

Copyright© 2021 by Jack Spratt

Chapter 111

Some of MooseBreath’s Thoughts

Back in the Trojan War, if Paris had had access to modern dishwashing liquids, the outcome could have been different. Because Dawn takes Greece out of your way.

If you hear that the wedding went off without a hitch, did they or did they not get married?

People tend to rub or wash their face and eyes first thing in the morning because eyes matter.


Reltney McFee’s contribution!

Well, not really a joke: more an entry in your uplifting stories sub section.

Sometimes in my walkabout daily life, I encounter everyday folks, simply being nice. So, This Is No Shit, as they begin firehouse stories all over the world, there I was, simply grocery shopping. I happened to get in line behind an elderly woman (Pot, meet kettle. You ought to talk amongst yourselves, since you have so much in common... ) who appeared to not have altogether figured out the entire “One of these is a credit card, the other is your membership card.” thing, as she attempted to pay with her membership card.

The cashier was patient and collected. She explained that, no, THAT is your card with which you get your discounts and points, and THAT is your bank card, with which you pay for your groceries. They are different cards, for different things.

It took a couple of attempts, but the customer got her points, and successfully paid for her groceries, and wheeled her way out of the store.

The cashier apologized to me for the hold up. I responded, “Ma’am, some things are problems, some things are inconveniences. If this wait is as bad as my inconveniences get, I am in pretty good shape. Oh, by the way: way to be patient and graceful with that elderly lady. Good on ya!”


Here is a challenge from Reltney McFee

Mr. Spratt: howzabout a challenge of sorts? I wonder how many readers frequent this site? I wonder how many of them have a few bucks, not presently in great need? I wonder how many could/would donate, say $10 to St, Jude’s Children’s Hospital in the next month?

How much good might that donation do?

December is a three paycheck month for me. I’m donating. Who’s with me?

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.