Jokes and Giggles Part Three - Cover

Jokes and Giggles Part Three

Copyright© 2021 by Jack Spratt

Chapter 10

🦠🦠🦠🦠

A scary tale form Jrringlobe

Here it is: a haunted house story from NightBeat

A guy heard about a reward offered to anyone brave enough to spend the night in a local haunted house. No one had been able to make it through the night. Something scared them out every time.

The guy discounted all the reports from those who’d been driven out and made arrangements to take a stab at earning the reward. He took some supplies with him: some quick food, a flashlight, a revolver, a knife, a hatchet, and a box of cough drops.

He arrived at the house in the late afternoon and went in. He heard the door lock behind him. Everything was quiet till around midnight. A loud thumping was heard to echo through the old house.

The guy wasn’t sure where the sound came from, so he rushed up the stairs to the third floor and there it was --- a large coffin with glowing red eyes. The thumping got louder as the coffin started to move towards him. He backed up a bit and started shooting the revolver at the coffin. No effect, other than a few splinters - the coffin kept coming. In panic, he threw the revolver at the coffin. It just bounced off.

The guy quickly ran down the stairs to the second floor. Surely, the steps would stymie the coffin. CLUMP, CLUMP, CLUMP. The coffin was descending the stairs!

The guy gave the coffin some space, and then he threw the hatchet like a tomahawk, and it stuck. The coffin shook and shuddered, dislodging the hatchet. Amazed, the guy rushed down to the ground floor and tried the door; it remained firmly locked.

Hearing the coffin clumping down the steps he let it get to the landing and threw the knife, sticking in where the heart would be, if it had one. Again, the coffin shook and shuddered, and the knife fell to the floor.

Not having any more weapons or a way to leave, the guy ran to the basement stairs and went down to hide in the basement.

He found the furthest corner in the basement and hid. However, the coffin came clumping down to the basement. It unerringly headed for the corner where the guy was.

As it approached, the guy was at a loss for what to do. As a last stand, he threw his flashlight. It hit and bounced away. In total desperation, he searched his pockets. From his shirt pocket he pulled out and opened the box of Ludden’s cough drops.

Suddenly---- the coffin stopped.

🦠🦠🦠🦠

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.